IGNORED

What Michael Pearl thinks his sons should look for

SpeakNow

Straight out of TTUAC

Boys, take note of a girl's attitude toward her father. It doesn't matter what kind of louse he may be, if she is rebellious to him, she will be twice as rebellious to you. If she speaks disrespectfully of or to her father, she will do likewise toward you.

The next quality to look for is a creative hard worker. Don't marry a lazy, slothful girl. Looks can get mighty old lying up in bed framed in a disheveled, griping, slothful pout. Whatever you do, avoid a lazy girl. If she expects to be waited on, let her marry a waiter. You will have a full job rearing the children without having to rear a wife.

Never marry a girl who feels she is not getting the best man in the world when she gets you. A girl who enters marriage thinking she could have done better will never be satisfied for wondering what it might have been like if....

Avoid the girl who is enamored with her own looks. Better to marry a homely girl who is content to love and be loved than one who is going to spend her years trying to maintain her fading beauty. Life is too big and full to be spent waiting on a disappointed woman who is regretfully looking in the mirror.

Avoid like the plague the girl who would pursue her own career outside the home. A wife must be your "Help-meet."

The last qualification is a love for children. A girl who doesn't want her life encumbered with children is suffering a deep hurt and is walking a road to misery. One day, the Lord willing, you are going to have children of your own.

A girl who doesn't want her life encumbered with children is suffering a deep hurt and is walking a road to misery.

The use of the word 'encumbered' speaks volumes about the Pearls' true attitude towards children.

So I have anxiety and mild depression because I don't want kids? And here I thought that it was because it was genetic. I don't have anxiety and mild depression because I don't have kids, and I don't have kids because I have anxiety and mild depression. I just don't like kids at a certain age, and don't want to be a mother. It doesn't mean that I dislike them. I hate them during their toddler years, but think they're adorable in elementary school, and don't want to be a mother. Where are the scientific studies that are non-religious based on your assumption, Pearl?

He's telling the to do what other abusers already do: seek out victims who are already victims. It can be so hard for abuse victims to ever escape because other abusers seek them out. This is what happened to my mom. Her first boyfriend was physically abusive. She finally managed to leave him, but my dad saw the perfect victim in her. She was vulnerable and already had very low expectations. He had to "only" emotionally abuse her and it seemed like a step up from the last loser. People like Michael Pearl deserve to be in prison. He's telling his sons to be abusers and telling them how to seek out the easiest victims.

Luckily for me I am estranged from my abusive father so none of the Pearls would ever be interested in me. But stuff like this makes me so angry.

He's telling the to do what other abusers already do: seek out victims who are already victims. It can be so hard for abuse victims to ever escape because other abusers seek them out. This is what happened to my mom. Her first boyfriend was physically abusive. She finally managed to leave him, but my dad saw the perfect victim in her. She was vulnerable and already had very low expectations. He had to "only" emotionally abuse her and it seemed like a step up from the last loser. People like Michael Pearl deserve to be in prison. He's telling his sons to be abusers and telling them how to seek out the easiest victims.

Luckily for me I am estranged from my abusive father so none of the Pearls would ever be interested in me. But stuff like this makes me so angry.

Hey, bananacat, I was estranged from my abusive father, too. I guess that would disqualify me from being a Pearl bride. I did not speak disrespectfully about my father but I did speak the truth. I guess that is objectionable to the Pearls. Funny how anyone who doesn't think along their lines is sick.

Straight out of TTUAC

So basically he is saying don't choose a girl who is attractive (she wouldn't have you anyway) and not one who is educated either (ditto). Don't choose one who will get rid of a man who is an asshole (cuz what else would you be? You're a Pearl ffs!). Get a girl who only expects you to impregnate her every year, between you and the mailman that should be doable.

Great advice for once, Michael!

having to rear a wife.

*Inappropriate snickering*

Boys, take note of a girl's attitude toward her father. It doesn't matter what kind of louse he may be, if she is rebellious to him, she will be twice as rebellious to you. If she speaks disrespectfully of or to her father, she will do likewise toward you.

My father was an abusive ass of the first water. He had zero qualms about knocking the shit out of me when I was in my body brace just weeks after my surgery and calling me a whore for not setting the table right. Damn right I popped up and asked if it made he feel like a big man to hit a little crippled kid. I was 13 at the time. He hit me again and I got right back up off the floor and called him a fucking asshole. Round and round we went of him hitting me and be popping right back up to cuss him out. And that is one of the funnier times things like that happened. :( And damn right my husband knew of my past and of the man who raised me. My husband had 20 years of abuse to combat to prove to me that I was worth respect and love. I have never, not even once willfully disrespected my husband in anyway shape or form. So yeah, that one is false.

The next quality to look for is a creative hard worker. Don't marry a lazy, slothful girl. Looks can get mighty old lying up in bed framed in a disheveled, griping, slothful pout. Whatever you do, avoid a lazy girl. If she expects to be waited on, let her marry a waiter. You will have a full job rearing the children without having to rear a wife.

Same could be said to the girls, no one wants to marry a spoiled child. Make sure your future spouse is a mature adult who is willing and eager to be a life partner to you no matter what life throws your way.

Avoid like the plague the girl who would pursue her own career outside the home. A wife must be your "Help-meet."

And she can't do that if she is bringing in more money than you or helping out by making life a little easier. She might figure out that without you doing your share of housework and child rearing that having a billion kids isn't in the cards for her. Also she might make enough money to sock away to leave your lazy ass.

The last qualification is a love for children. A girl who doesn't want her life encumbered with children is suffering a deep hurt and is walking a road to misery. One day, the Lord willing, you are going to have children of your own.

Even if you don't want children and can't stand the idea of being a father make sure she wants them God willing she will wear you down or trick you into fatherhood which you will resent and write a tell all abusive book on infant beatings.

Straight out of TTUAC

Spoken like the most insecure man in the world. He doesn't want a wife, he wants a brood mare. Not that any sensible brood mare would have him.

Spoken like the most insecure man in the world. He doesn't want a wife, he wants a brood mare. Not that any sensible brood mare would have him.

There's a reason he talks about training his donkey a la TTUAC.

19984391.jpg

Guest Anonymous

The use of the word 'encumbered' speaks volumes about the Pearls' true attitude towards children.

And if the girls play their cards right, they too can end up living in the middle of nowhere with 7-8 kids, no heat or running water and a Pearl husband who's too busy praying and studying the Bible to get his lazy ass out the door and find a job

My father was an abusive ass of the first water. He had zero qualms about knocking the shit out of me when I was in my body brace just weeks after my surgery and calling me a whore for not setting the table right. Damn right I popped up and asked if it made he feel like a big man to hit a little crippled kid. I was 13 at the time. He hit me again and I got right back up off the floor and called him a fucking asshole. Round and round we went of him hitting me and be popping right back up to cuss him out. And that is one of the funnier times things like that happened. :( And damn right my husband knew of my past and of the man who raised me. My husband had 20 years of abuse to combat to prove to me that I was worth respect and love. I have never, not even once willfully disrespected my husband in anyway shape or form. So yeah, that one is false.

Ah, but you are taking the quote at face value. What he's really saying is "If she'll accept her dad treating her like shit, she'll let you do the same. Get a wife who'll roll over and ask for more when you verbally, sexually or physically abuse her so you don't have to risk being outed as the ass you are."

What about the girl's attitude to her mother? Is she allowed to be "rebellious" toward her?

The sad thing is, I'd qualify for bridehood on that front. I was never rebellious against my father, because my father was completely subsumed by my narcissistic mother and her opinions were therefore his. Since I was enmeshed and codependent on my mother for 25 years, rebellion was out of the question until regrettably recently.

Too bad I'm now a beautiful, childfree by choice, feminist career woman. Who's engaged to another woman. Better luck next time, Pearlnugget.

So a girl who is abused by her daddy is supposed to accept it, and woe to her if she tries to get away. And if she rebels against abuse, then she's not worth it. Sadly they teach their daughters to take it.

Goes both ways. Who wants to marry a slobby lazy-ass, but this goes for men too. Who wants a lazy guy who does nothing?

Never marry a girl who feels she is not getting the best man in the world when she gets you. A girl who enters marriage thinking she could have done better will never be satisfied for wondering what it might have been like if....

Agreed, but again, both ways. If your partner doesn't think you're the best, and vice versa, move on.

Avoid the girl who is enamored with her own looks. Better to marry a homely girl who is content to love and be loved than one who is going to spend her years trying to maintain her fading beauty. Life is too big and full to be spent waiting on a disappointed woman who is regretfully looking in the mirror.

Big difference between taking an interest in one's appearance and being obsessed. Plenty of fundy men take their daughters to event and leave their homely wives hidden at home. What a great way to get a woman to want to ignore her appearance. If she cares, you don't want her, but if she doesn't care, she's going to look sloppy, and that's bad too?

Fuck this. So hard.

So people who don't want kids are hurting and miserable. Funny, I always thought making someone raise a kid they don't want would make them miserable. Um, not.

Michael Pearl is stupid.

Comeon! Don't insult the poor lil donk by comparing it to that fucking abusive asshole!

How does the song go? If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty women your wife, from my personal point of view get an ugly girl to marry you......

Sorry, but that song cam e to mind.

He's a frickin' jerk, is his wife "homely"??

Also, wtf, it's not like the husband is expected to "raise" the kids....

Good luck to his sons if he has any....

Michael Pearl doesn't want a human being for a wife. He wants chattel. Who on earth would want that for their daughters future? All I can say is Michael Pearl is a sick fuck.

Michael Pearl doesn't want a human being for a wife. He wants chattel. Who on earth would want that for their daughters future? All I can say is Michael Pearl is a sick fuck.

Plus 1

Archived