IGNORED

Lina interviewed at Shining Stars

SweetTexasCrude

shiningstarsmagazine.com/2012/04/stay-at-home-wife-interview-with-paulina-dodd/

Not much new information except for her reading list. She says Above Rubies, Vision Forum, and the Botkins were major influences in her life. The baby (boy) is due in July.

shiningstarsmagazine.com/2012/04/stay-at-home-wife-interview-with-paulina-dodd/

Not much new information except for her reading list. She says Above Rubies, Vision Forum, and the Botkins were major influences in her life. The baby (boy) is due in July.

I believe what she really said was that the baby was due "early to mid July". She doesn't know her due date yet? I'm going for full-sized premie born early to mid-June.

On another note, I still can't believe such a pretty girl, married such an ugly guy.

She's a lot more open about being not really Jewish when she is featured on a Christian site. I feel like on her blog, the Jesus part was much more hush-hush.

/snip

After a few messages had been exchanged between us, in which we talked about our interest in the Jewishness of the Bible,

The...Jewishness of the Bible? WTF? While I realize the "Old Testament" is basically the Torah and Tanach she does realize that the "New testament" is Christian, right? So what about the...Christianess of the bible? It's like she thinks if she says Jewish enough it will magically make her Jewish and will side step the fact she is a follower of "Yeshua." We call these folks Christians, Lina. Say it with me now!

Why is she so hell bent on being Christian in all things but the actual word? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

She's a lot more open about being not really Jewish when she is featured on a Christian site.

Shining Stars is Messianic. From their 'about us' page:

We believe in the Bible, and try to follow it as best as we can. We believe that we should walk in obedience to our Heavenly Fathers instructions/commandments; those found in the Tanach, (Old Covenant), as well as the Brit Chadasha (New Covenant). We observe the Biblical feasts spoken of in Leviticus 23, the dietary laws of Leviticus 11, and the seventh-day Sabbath. We also prefer to use the Hebrew Names – YHWH, Yeshua, and Ruach HaKodesh. We do not believe it is a sin to use God, LORD, Jesus, and Holy Spirit, but have made the family decision to use the Hebrew Names.

/snip

The...Jewishness of the Bible? WTF? While I realize the "Old Testament" is basically the Torah and Tanach she does realize that the "New testament" is Christian, right? So what about the...Christianess of the bible? It's like she thinks if she says Jewish enough it will magically make her Jewish and will side step the fact she is a follower of "Yeshua." We call these folks Christians, Lina. Say it with me now!

Why is she so hell bent on being Christian in all things but the actual word? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

The New Testament is still mostly written from a Jewish perspective, quotes the Old Testament and refers to Jewish practices. Most of the New Testament is at least culturally Jewish if nothing else, and I can see the value of knowing about this in order to understand the context of Jesus' life and the early Church. While it doesn't make Lina or other Messianics Jewish, the Bible IS mostly written by and for people who are of Jewish heritage at least (at least at the time of writing), it wasn't written in some kind of gentile vacuum. The only Biblical writer that we know is not Jewish is Luke.

Are there any Messianic families associated with VF or the Botkins? I can imagine Lina and Tony showing up at one of Doug's dress-up hours in their MessiaOrthodox gear and not exactly being welcome.

I believe what she really said was that the baby was due "early to mid July". She doesn't know her due date yet? I'm going for full-sized premie born early to mid-June.

On another note, I still can't believe such a pretty girl, married such an ugly guy.

She discovered she was pregnant 'almost exactly one month into our marriage'. Unless she had morning sickness the day after the sweet fellowship, I'm guessing it's unlikely she could have been aware of a pregnancy at such an early stage, assuming she didn't get pregnant on the wedding night. Yeah, full-sized preemie imo.

Also, the part where she talks about being a SAHD makes me incredibly sad. She realised how selfish it was to have wanted to become a doctor and help people? I could understand if she had wanted to be a model or actress, but a doctor? Yeah, how selfish of her wanting to spend years in medical school learning how to heal people instead of reading FakeJew blogs and buying tichels :roll:

Her account of how she met TT is priceless.

Are there any Messianic families associated with VF or the Botkins? I can imagine Lina and Tony showing up at one of Doug's dress-up hours in their MessiaOrthodox gear and not exactly being welcome.

I don't think so, Feelin' Feminine stopped endorsing them after they went full Messianic. Lina does yoga and buys from Muslim clothing sites though, I get the feeling that she doesn't really care about who she buys from even if she doesn't agree with all of their beliefs.

She put the dash in LORD like L-rd.

V-w-ls -r- -f t- d-v-l.

She is such an idiot.

I wonder if she's given up on the whole orthodox conversion thing. This article would make me think so.

Her parents did not "embrace" her SAHDhood. DO tell, what a surprise. I feel with them: "You're going to do WHAT? You're eighteen and you are not going to get an education except for watching me cook and clean? Yeah, right..."

The parents persuaded her to take some courses at their community college, which left her "plenty" of quiet times. Which tells us exactly how hard SAHDs work...

I have a suspicion that it's hard to have a courtship going if your parents aren't on the fundamentalist side.

"Mother dear, can I exchange short and respectful emails with this young man?" "Why are you even asking, you're NINETEEN,girl. BTW don't you finally want to get an education?" equals

"Permission to proceed in our courtship was graciously granted."

Shining Stars is Messianic

Oops, I had it confused with one of the more mainstream SAHD publications.

If Lina had been my daughter this whole deal would have had a very different outcome. No way in hell would I let a child of mine give up college to sit home all day conversing with some internet stalker and looking for the "Jewishness" in the Bible. :roll: I love that for all her stay at home daughtering, it sounds like she did a whole bunch of nothing all day. She cooked dinner once a week? Yeah, no. If she refused to work or go to school full time she would have been cooking 3 meals a day and cleaning to. Computer? No. Cell phone? No. Nice new clothes and headcoverings? No. Stay at home daughters don't have an income dear. ;) She'd have been begging to go to school before the ink was dry on the "to do" list I wrote for her. Lina has a lot of princess to her if you ask me.

Here are my favorite parts of the interview:

Lots of fuckery about women and their Hashem given roles:

I never thought twice about my desire to have a career and several degrees to go with it. I wanted to be a doctor, much to the delight of my family.

Hashem soon opened my eyes to the truths found in His Word concerning women and their role. He used godly friends, as well as Vision Forum Ministries and Above Rubies to change my feministic mindset. I realized how selfish and independent I had become and repented of it. My desire to be a help-meet to my (then future) husband and a devoted mother to my children became a passion that I quickly embraced wholeheartedly. I abandoned my original plan to go to college and become a doctor and instead, sought to be as home-centered as possible.

Lots of fuckery about marrying an internet stalker:

I decided to let him know I did not feel comfortable conversing privately with him, explaining that I wanted to keep my heart pure for my future husband.

He replied immediately, stating that he respected my desire and would not send me messages anymore.

Soon after, I removed my account and began a new one without telling him.

Eventually, he found me and sent me a message expressing his relief.

Lina, y u no marry in church? The world wants to know.

Just a theory, buuut... cos she was knocked up! Don't a lot churches usually require premarital counseling? By the time she finished, she'd be visibly pregnant and wouldn't be able to claim that she and TT waited 'til they were married to roll in the rushes. :P

ETA: Holy jebus, it just hit me that my heathen wedding was more "official" than theirs. It may've not been in a church, but at least my officiant was a fo' realz ordained minister. And at the reception we danced the horah! Lina just got pwnt.

She discovered she was pregnant 'almost exactly one month into our marriage'. Unless she had morning sickness the day after the sweet fellowship, I'm guessing it's unlikely she could have been aware of a pregnancy at such an early stage, assuming she didn't get pregnant on the wedding night. Yeah, full-sized preemie imo.

Also, the part where she talks about being a SAHD makes me incredibly sad. She realised how selfish it was to have wanted to become a doctor and help people? I could understand if she had wanted to be a model or actress, but a doctor? Yeah, how selfish of her wanting to spend years in medical school learning how to heal people instead of reading FakeJew blogs and buying tichels :roll:

Her account of how she met TT is priceless.

What you are saying does not make sense. First some women know very early. My grand mother swears she had morning sickness even before her period was late. Then there are those pregnancy tests that can tell her pretty quick if she's pregnant. You can easily know if you're pregnant within a month of it happening.

I keep saying it but her blog has a baby counter where you can see her due date, pretty easily.

I guess we'll see anyway, but I don't think that anything she said proved they did it before getting married. And once again waiting a couple month is not that hard, so no achievements there.

I cannot imagine why a teenage girl with the opportunity to go to college would want to give it up to be a SAHD. I had a good relationship with my family but I couldn't get out the door to college fast enough. What on earth was she doing all day? I totally have no problem with mums of young children staying at home because that is a job in itself but there really seems to be no justification for being a SAHD. I can't imagine my parents being too happy if I had announced that I was just going to hang around at home aged 18 neither earning money nor getting an education. That's called sponging in my book.

I cannot imagine why a teenage girl with the opportunity to go to college would want to give it up to be a SAHD. I had a good relationship with my family but I couldn't get out the door to college fast enough. What on earth was she doing all day? I totally have no problem with mums of young children staying at home because that is a job in itself but there really seems to be no justification for being a SAHD. I can't imagine my parents being too happy if I had announced that I was just going to hang around at home aged 18 neither earning money nor getting an education. That's called sponging in my book.

I've always thought that those women who aren't raised fundy but go SAHD anyway have undiagnosed issues with depression and anxiety, or go into "OH SHIT" mode after high school graduation and feel that college and work are just too daunting. It's a lot easier to jump headfirst into legalism, because following rules makes you feel like you're achieving something even if you're not really, and because it's a whole lot easier to tell your parents that you're going to be a housewife/SAHM anyway because That's What God Wants, and you don't need the work experience or education anyway.

I've always thought that those women who aren't raised fundy but go SAHD anyway have undiagnosed issues with depression and anxiety, or go into "OH SHIT" mode after high school graduation and feel that college and work are just too daunting. It's a lot easier to jump headfirst into legalism, because following rules makes you feel like you're achieving something even if you're not really, and because it's a whole lot easier to tell your parents that you're going to be a housewife/SAHM anyway because That's What God Wants, and you don't need the work experience or education anyway.

That's an interesting way to look at it. I guess that's why so many people have gap years and travel or do voluntary work though. You're never going to figure out what to do next just sitting at home.

Who wouldn't want to give up their dream of becoming a doctor to sit at home and be supported by an 'internet editor' (I forgot what he called it) who probably makes $12 an hour? You da bomb, Lina!

I got pregnant 10 days after my wedding day and had a positive pregnancy test just before our one month anniversary. Not a badge of chastity either, I can prove I most definitely wasn't pregnant before the wedding day with the child I delivered because I was miscarrying on my wedding day.

Totally possible to wait for your wedding day and still know you're pregnant before the one month point. I actually didn't get a positive pregnancy test until 23 days post-ovulation and normally you can get a positive test as early as 10-12 days after ovluation with the early detection tests now.

So, if you get pregnant with a honeymoon baby within the first week of the wedding, you can typically get a positive pregnancy test 2-3 weeks after the wedding.

When baby is born is not definitive either. Again, I was miscarrying on my wedding day. Got pregnant 10 days later and a postive test just before the one month mark. The baby was born legitimately two weeks early at 38 weeks, which makes it look possible that I was pregnant when I got married. Technically, I was but NOT with her.

I got pregnant 10 days after my wedding day and had a positive pregnancy test just before our one month anniversary. Not a badge of chastity either, I can prove I most definitely wasn't pregnant before the wedding day with the child I delivered because I was miscarrying on my wedding day.

Totally possible to wait for your wedding day and still know you're pregnant before the one month point. I actually didn't get a positive pregnancy test until 23 days post-ovulation and normally you can get a positive test as early as 10-12 days after ovluation with the early detection tests now.

So, if you get pregnant with a honeymoon baby within the first week of the wedding, you can typically get a positive pregnancy test 2-3 weeks after the wedding.

When baby is born is not definitive either. Again, I was miscarrying on my wedding day. Got pregnant 10 days later and a postive test just before the one month mark. The baby was born legitimately two weeks early at 38 weeks, which makes it look possible that I was pregnant when I got married. Technically, I was but NOT with her.

Yeah, I've shared before that I got pregnant on my wedding night/honeymoon and we had a positive test before our one month anniversary. I tend to believe Lina waited. Maybe because I just can't imagine wanting to do ANYthing with TT though....he is so gross.

I was also wondering if she gave up on her attempt to convert to Orthodox Judaism on the sly?

Shining Stars might be Messianic but it looks like it's leaning much more on the Christian side.

Some mysteries remain: what does she makes of being married only civilly? Why did she get married in everyday clothes?

I feel sad for her parents, who as immigrants might have wanted more for her. And I find it extremely depressing when the fact that a girl wanted to be a doctor/lawyer/professor but then found her true calling to cook, clean and change nappies is presented as a triumph.

Oh, and it's interesting she doesn't cite "Feelin Feminine" as an influence, because she was one of the first "featured feminas" and it and friendship with Jocelyn Dixon seems to have played a big part in her fundie-ization.

Archived