IGNORED

AnnaMatrix - short hair makes you manipulable

julie paradox

Anna's posts have been a little so-so recently, but here's a gem:

So, hair = fundie tin foil helmet.

So....are we all modern day Samsons', or something?

(Samsons....Samson's..... :confusion-scratchheadblue: )

It's just a plural, no apostrophes needed.

Also, is manipulable a word? :D

I have short hair with magenta highlights. I wonder what her thoughts are on color?

So, hair = fundie tin foil helmet.

Well, it's definitely impenetrable when it comes to thought. :lol:

I like petting freshly cropped hair/shaved scalps. :oops: A LOT.

So if I ever end up on your side of the pond, I'd WANT to ask if I could pet your head. But I probably wouldn't because that would be creepy.

So apparently the only way to be touch-free is to have it be chin length, exactly :lol:

Hair that is shaved very close to the scalp feels very soft, like velvet. You would think it would feel like the bristles on a man's unshaven face but it doesn't.

So I don't sound creepy, I grew up near a military base so I dated a lot of service members. I swear I don't run around patting people on the head.

Funny she bemoans how "controlled" the rest of us are - the fundie lifestyle is anything but free-thinking! And even though my hair is usually long, whatever I do with it I do for me (Geez, I sound like Felicity or something). It has nothing to do with what my headship wants - hey, wouldn't that count as being manipulated? Why yes, I think it does.

Funny she bemoans how "controlled" the rest of us are - the fundie lifestyle is anything but free-thinking! And even though my hair is usually long, whatever I do with it I do for me (Geez, I sound like Felicity or something). It has nothing to do with what my headship wants - hey, wouldn't that count as being manipulated? Why yes, I think it does.

But you see, in their world "what the headship wants" = "magically the right thing"

That's what I found out when I was maligned for having been a work-outside-the-home-mom -- until I pointed out that my husband had insisted on me continuing my career. "Oh, well, if your husband said to do it, it was the right thing to do -- and by the way, props to you" was the uniform response.

Don't you all know by know that having a male set of sex organs qualifies a human as infallible????

But you see, in their world "what the headship wants" = "magically the right thing"

That's what I found out when I was maligned for having been a work-outside-the-home-mom -- until I pointed out that my husband had insisted on me continuing my career. "Oh, well, if your husband said to do it, it was the right thing to do -- and by the way, props to you" was the uniform response.

Don't you all know by know that having a male set of sex organs qualifies a human as infallible????

Although my family is quite patriarchal, I never really understood it because if God created us with a brain then obviously we were to use it...not just be brainless doormats.

Also, is manipulable a word? :D

Yes.

I looked it up before I posted. :lol:

There are several discussions on manipulable/manipulatable. The UK (where I's from) has more instances of manipulable, and it's in the Oxford Online, so I felt confident.

I have very, very thick hair which is very heavy and uncomfortable when it's long. I also have trichotillomania which means that I have a lot of shorter hair on top which makes the hair look a lot less smooth. For this reason I prefer having short hair and fundies hating it makes me like it even more :D My hair is currently juuuust shoulder length, and when I go to get it cut I'm considering letting the hairdresser cut it as short as ze dares...

My hair is quite long for me right now - it's almost chin length!

I have no headship. Guess I'm not that easily manipulated...

Rasta people in the Caribbean also do not cut their hair for religious reasons. I's love for a couple of Rastas to show up and Anna's house and have them all discuss the religous importance of hair over a little ganja.

I have short hair with magenta highlights. I wonder what her thoughts are on color?

I've got the length but I also need an answer to the colour issue though. Is dyed blue-black ok? Miss 13 also has length but she has purple highlights. Is this acceptable? Hubby has a beard and Mr17 is making a fair attempt at growing mustaches so they get a pass. Or maybe they don't...is it acceptable for men to have long hair? Mr15 obviously fails because blue dreadlocks push the limits even in normal society.

When I was young I lived in an area with a large Plymouth Brethren community. Girls were not allowed to cut their hair but they were allowed to burn it. (Not all Plymies are this strict.) You recognised them instantly because their hair was always well past their waist and very scruffy. I could never work out (1) why it is ok to burn but not cut hair (2) why people who talk about hair as a crowning glory would treat it in a way that lead to it being thin, full of split ends and generally scruffy.

I'm actually debating whether or not to get my hair cut this month. I prefer it short most of the time because then I look older (I look a LOT younger than I really am, so this is important to me) but I also like having it long enough to style...not that I do that a whole lot, because it honestly just seemed like too much trouble to learn how....hmm. Methinks maybe I should get it cut.

I will admit, I can be a vain person. I have had two brain surgeries where I had half my head shaved, because of this I like to keep my hair long. I just felt like a freak when I had my head shaved(it didn't help that I was at a horrible stage 12 and 16) I try and take care of my hair, although I keep it pretty simple. I have bangs and my hair is straight and it's a slightly darker colour than my natural because my hair colour is pretty mousy brown. I straighten it everyday which only takes about 4 minutes thanks to having fairly naturally straight hair.

That post is laughable at best. I have short hair (easier to style), and I'm definitely not manipulable. If anything I'm hard-headed and stubborn...LOL! I take that back. My feline headhip demands I be at his beck and call 24/7 or he inflicts domestic discipline :lol: ! So I guess I am manipulable! :lol:

Wow, I never knew that! I bet Anna would be so proud that I'm growing out my hair. I'm even taking vitamin supplements to get it to waist-length in a couple of years... just in time for my Big Fat GAY Wedding! *evil cackle!* Too bad my girlfriend leans more masculine in fashion and keeps her hair short. Oh well!

But seriously, I want princess curls and flowers to the waist to go with my flouncy dress. It doesn't hurt that the Maiden-Headship loves to brush my hair!

This thread is a good reminder that I need to call my stylist and schedule a haircut. I'm way overdue for one.

In a way, it's a good thing I have my hair appointment for this Tuesday since I'm definitely due for a haircut. I have a lot of super fine hair that looks stringy if I let it get too long, so now that it's at my shoulders, it's time for a cut. I also get it in layers as that helps give it more volume.

So....are we all modern day Samsons', or something?

(Samsons....Samson's..... :confusion-scratchheadblue: )

But Samson was a male. And males are supposed to have short hair, at least in fundie land.

So there goes her argument out the window.

• 3 years later...

I'm a woman who rock a buzz cut to a pixie. Got in the habit from working in maximum security with, oh...murderers, rapists, serial killers, dual diagnosed seriously mentally ill, murderers, rapists...etc. I just felt safer with no long hair to grab in a take down.

Archived