IGNORED

AnnaMatrix - short hair makes you manipulable

julie paradox

Anna's posts have been a little so-so recently, but here's a gem:

Regardless, I think about the scriptural commands not to cut beards or hair (especially on Nazarites - people especially near to the Lord). Scripture always associates the cutting of hair with shame or scorn, or the ending of something special. I think about verses about hair being the woman's glory... maybe there's a deeper meaning to that than we realized. Maybe there's a reason society has promoted shorter and shorter hair, as we've become more and more desensitized in a media driven, political agenda. I just think it's interesting that the forefathers and rabbis, the shamans and Sikhs, the Indian Yogis and others all grew their hair out at their most sensitive and individualistic. And what would be the goal of our nation - to be able to control and desensitize the populace so that they are more easily manipulated? It's an interesting theory, in a time in which most women - old and young - as well as the men are clean shaven and with hair cropped within a few inches of their scalps.

'most' women have them w/i a few inches of their scalp? huh.

I'll say, as someone w/ long hair who happens to generally look young, random people have had a habit (less frequent as I get older/grumpier looking) of coming up and TOUCHING/Petting my hair. It always struck me as very much a 'grooming' tool (not grooming like 'let me pick out your fleas', grooming like 'lets set you up to meet in my panel van, little girl).

I wonder if that's a good reason to shave my head, so people can't use touching it as a manipulation thing. (they were either creepy or crazy, depending on the day. I will say, reaching out and touching their hair back [with 'I'm sorry, I thought we were petting hair'} as a response when they asked what I was doing helped :)

I wonder if that's a good reason to shave my head, so people can't use touching it as a manipulation thing. (they were either creepy or crazy, depending on the day. I will say, reaching out and touching their hair back [with 'I'm sorry, I thought we were petting hair'} as a response when they asked what I was doing helped :)

This also works with pregnant belly feeling people. Just reach out and touch their belly back! :lol:

So....are we all modern day Samsons', or something?

(Samsons....Samson's..... :confusion-scratchheadblue: )

Oh noes! People can manipulate me because I recently had my hair cut short!

Seriously fj, don't even think about manipulating me..... I see you scheming.....

Lol. My hairdresser just went to town on my hair. It's shorter than I like it. I wonder if I'll loose my skeptical edge, and be more easily manipulated. Who knows? Maybe I'll start believing in a god.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There is NOTHING inherently beautiful about just long hair in general to me. Long hair that is well-maintained--trimmed often, products appropriate for hair type, styled, etc., is definitely gorgeous. But I feel like these hair=crowning glory women do the complete opposite. They never cut it, so it's frizzy, dry and full of split ends. It's usually all one length, or close to it, so it just hangs in their face (or is always pulled back) and has a bit of a triangle shape (or for finer hair, they let it just hang limp and stringy). When I look at them, I don't see long beautiful hair... all I can think is how unflattering it is, and all the possibilities I could do to improve it.

But then I suppose that gives into vanity. Just can't win, can we?

But I digress anyway. I love when a woman rocks the short hair with confidence. And is she seriously wanting men to grow out their beards as well? Ew. Except for Aragorn, I like a clean-cut man. Ok, maybe a little stubble. But no mountain man beards.

'most' women have them w/i a few inches of their scalp? huh.

I'll say, as someone w/ long hair who happens to generally look young, random people have had a habit (less frequent as I get older/grumpier looking) of coming up and TOUCHING/Petting my hair. It always struck me as very much a 'grooming' tool (not grooming like 'let me pick out your fleas', grooming like 'lets set you up to meet in my panel van, little girl).

To be honest, dawbs, if you shave your head a lot of people touch it too! And they don't always ask first...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There is NOTHING inherently beautiful about just long hair in general to me. Long hair that is well-maintained--trimmed often, products appropriate for hair type, styled, etc., is definitely gorgeous. But I feel like these hair=crowning glory women do the complete opposite. They never cut it, so it's frizzy, dry and full of split ends. It's usually all one length, or close to it, so it just hangs in their face (or is always pulled back) and has a bit of a triangle shape (or for finer hair, they let it just hang limp and stringy). When I look at them, I don't see long beautiful hair... all I can think is how unflattering it is, and all the possibilities I could do to improve it.

Oi! I like my long, unstyled hair just the way it is, thanks. ;)

To be honest, dawbs, if you shave your head a lot of people touch it too! And they don't always ask first...

I like petting freshly cropped hair/shaved scalps. :oops: A LOT.

So if I ever end up on your side of the pond, I'd WANT to ask if I could pet your head. But I probably wouldn't because that would be creepy.

So apparently the only way to be touch-free is to have it be chin length, exactly :lol:

But then I suppose that gives into vanity. Just can't win, can we?

But I digress anyway. I love when a woman rocks the short hair with confidence. And is she seriously wanting men to grow out their beards as well? Ew. Except for Aragorn, I like a clean-cut man. Ok, maybe a little stubble. But no mountain man beards.

Oh I love the mountain man beards. Not the amish man beards, but the mountain man beards. Mmmmm.

Oh I love the mountain man beards. Not the amish man beards, but the mountain man beards. Mmmmm.

Something like this fine fellow, perhaps?

Screenshot2011-02-15at123211PM.png?t=1335988032

Uh oh, I had lots of hair cut off today. Maybe tomorrow will see me reading and believing fundie rubbish.

Hmm, I've had hair from 1/4 inch to past my waist and haven't noticed a huge difference. If anything, I probably am/was more manipulable with longer hair because, for a long time, it coincided with my buying into the height of the whole patriarchal "women need to submit in everything" teachings and I was trying so hard to be meek and submissive I stopped standing up for myself or thinking for myself in way too many situations. The last time I shaved my hair down, coming out of that mindset, I felt great and had a whole lot more confidence and initiative.

I will second the petting thing though. I get it with long hair, but it was even worse when my hair was super short. Still, it's one more reason I tend to wear my hair up and/or covered when it is long, because I have major issues with people touching me.

Wait, my brains are in my hair? :shock: I have POC and have very thin hair, so thing you can see my scalp. OMG! My kids are right, I'm losing my mind. :shock:

Don't let Anna see pictures from the 50s, when many upstanding men had buzz cuts, or the 60s, when lots of people she would look down upon as hippies had really long hair. It's contrary to her theory, it might make her head explode.

I hate it when fundies say that the media tries to desensitize, because if the fundies had their way, they'd be pushing their own agenda and sensitizing everybody to fundie religious values. How come their agendas for conservatism are ok but agendas for tolerence aren't?

I hate it when fundies say that the media tries to desensitize, because if the fundies had their way, they'd be pushing their own agenda and sensitizing everybody to fundie religious values. How come their agendas for conservatism are ok but agendas for tolerence aren't?

What a silly question. Of course their agendas are ok, because it's the TRUTH! /sarcasm

Nope. I shaved my head for the first time two weeks ago and people are constantly asking to pet it. And telling me it looks really cute on me. I might keep it this short. OH NOES, I LOOK LIEK A MAN.

Of course not! They're the gift which keeps on giving! If that's the right phrase to use...

I'll say, as someone w/ long hair who happens to generally look young, random people have had a habit (less frequent as I get older/grumpier looking) of coming up and TOUCHING/Petting my hair.

Yes! This happens to me and it creeps me out. I happen to like my hair and probably spend way too much time and effort on it (2-3x/month bang trims, trimming the ends at least every 6 weeks, oil treatments, hair masks, etc.) My hair is fairly long and thick and I guess for some reason people feel like they should touch it.

I'll be sitting at my desk working and someone will come into the office and wander over to me and start touching it. It kinda makes me want to punch people in the throat. :eusa-naughty:

I went from mid-back length hair to 2 inches off my scalp hair last summer. Strangely enough, I found that my tolerance for BS stayed what it had been: short.

At least my hair matches it now. :lol:

Uh-oh. I think she's right. As I was salking out of the salon with my new 2-inch-long hairdo today, my phone rang and it was son importuning me to come pick him up at school and take him to a friend's house to go fishing. He said if I would do it, he'd clean up the kitchen after supper tonight. So I did. I HAVE BEEN MANIPULATED DUE TO MY HAIRCUT!

Archived