IGNORED

[Repost] Email sent to editor regarding Emma's Haitian adopt

defrauding

This has bothered me from the moment I began reading this trainwreck blog for many reasons but one of them being that she seemed to solicite attention over the adoption. The local paper ran an article regarding the adoption so it seemed appropriate that they know about the dissolution of the adoption as well (she wanted attention right?). Please forgive the lack of eloquence as I had a slumber party at my house last night and I am in the caffeinated recovery stage.

To Whom it may Concern,

In January of 2010 your paper ran a story about the adoption of two Haitian children by the McMillan family. After only six months the McMillans terminated the adoption citing Reactive Attachment Disorder and moved the children to other families. Emma Mcmillan continues to use their real names on her blogs (she has since made the blogs private) although she has never used her biological childrens real names online. She stated many times that these children were "ungreatful" (sic) and "disobedient". The adoption agency that facilitated this pairing is no longer allowed to place children and it seems there was not a great deal of screening prior to these children being placed with the family.

Emma Mcmillan displays some behaviors that can only be described as odd even in the best of circumstances. She miscarried a couple of months before the adoption and had her children praying over her belly telling them that if their faith were only the size of a mustard seed they could raise this baby (although they had been told it was dead). After her body expelled the 8-week fetus she showed it to her children. I cannot imagine the trauma this caused and will continue to cause for them in the years to come. Here is a link to the picture that she has of said fetus on her blog (graphic) http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dOR4H9kYbI8/SgtU7dyF3VI/AAAAAAAABMo/OFRr3mFFgDs/s1600-h/Baby+McMillan+may+13+09.jpg

Also here is a cashed verson of her blog. Please read the Jan 23, 2009 entry. After this entry she was still allowed to adopt these children?

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7806/Emma-at-Strong-Quiver?page=2 These people have called her out on MANY aspects of her "parenting" and the adoption so the language in some posts may be offensive but the content is all Emma McMillan. When Mrs McMillan found that she was being discussed she set her blogs to private.

It might also be of note that she is currently being investigated by CPS due to her blog contents and the manner in which she treated all the children in her care.

As it was your paper which ran the story of the adoption (I heard that Mrs McMillan solicited the article herself) you might be interested to know what became of these poor children at the hands of a Christian Fundamentalist.

Regards,

I just realized I forgot to mention how she alluded to the kids being "demons". Darn.

I definitely wouldn't have linked them to FJ.

Agreed about the FJ link--would not have done that

Yea, yea. Hindsight. Super small local paper but no excuses. Shouldn't have linked FJ.

Archived