IGNORED

110% Had Her Baby

deborahlynn1979

She's blogging at fromthelittlewhitehouse.blogspot.com now, and is the girl who put the eggs on the floor or something to announce her pregnancy.

I've always felt bad for her. So many posts about how sad she was, how marriage wasn't making her as happy as she'd thought, etc. A broken courtship in her past, married with a new man a month later....so much drama.

I've got news for this twit, having a female Dr. is not a unique god thing. It happens when women are raised to have goals outside the patriarchy.

The picture with her feet up in stirrups seems odd to post on the internet. I know that the flash and the person covers things but still it seems like more a keep private sort of picture.

I've got news for this twit, having a female Dr. is not a unique god thing. It happens when women are raised to have goals outside the patriarchy.

Did she mention having a female doctor? I'm not seeing it.

Did she mention having a female doctor? I'm not seeing it.

She did. She said she was going to the hospital w/ her CHRISTIAN midwife, and her dr who was also christian it was sooooo a "GOD THING"

She did. She said she was going to the hospital w/ her CHRISTIAN midwife, and her dr who was also christian it was sooooo a "GOD THING"

I didn't scroll down enough. I see it now, thanks.

The poor kid, I hope he gets some kid's books read to him too, and not just the bible.

Yep, that's annoying.

She looked like she had a major case of preeclampsia as swollen as her face was. I hope she doesn't kill her self trying to have an endless supply of babies.

I'm glad that she and the baby are fine. I remember the thread we had about her in which she took a pregnancy test at Wal-Mart. Her husband is very good looking and not trying to be cruel but she looks older than her age. Isn't she 20 or 21?

Um.. is she related to anyone else we snark on? I swear I have seen those photos before.

The wedding photo at the top of her blog looks familiar. Does her mom have a blog? I seem to remember a post about girls dressing immodestly, but elsewhere in that blog was a pic of the daughter getting married with EXPOSED ARMS AND SHOULDERS!

She's blogging at fromthelittlewhitehouse.blogspot.com now, and is the girl who put the eggs on the floor or something to announce her pregnancy.

I've always felt bad for her. So many posts about how sad she was, how marriage wasn't making her as happy as she'd thought, etc. A broken courtship in her past, married with a new man a month later....so much drama.

Yes. I worry about her with PPD. I would hope she'd get help if she needed it - and I mean real help, not talking to her headship or her pastor.

The picture with her feet up in stirrups seems odd to post on the internet. I know that the flash and the person covers things but still it seems like more a keep private sort of picture.

Stirrups? Who uses stirrups anymore?

And she used "little man" 13 times on that one page. I find that term so annoying.

Seems to worship the maleness, maybe since nobody ever introduces their girl as "little woman".

Where are those posts? I took a quick look at her blog and couldn't see them. That's not something you normally read on fundie blogs.

Also I don't understand the part about the female doctor. So she prefers a female doctor, so it's okay if some women work outside the home? Out of interest, do most fundies prefer male doctors for that reason? Or do they want some women to work, so they can have the benefit? Or do they really think god places the female doctors there for them? That makes me so angry when I think of how much study that woman must have done.

She is a friend of Rebecca the rather unusual maiden for god (now butterfly days). She seems like a sweet girl but way too young for procreation. (but her husband is a bit of a looker.)

Did "god" plan for her son to be born through induction? I don't think so. She let a doctor made the decision. A slightly elevated blood pressure toward the end is normal (the heart is pumping an awful lot of extra blood with each beat), but many doctors use it as an excuse to induce (more money to be made, more control). I can't stand these people always saying it's "god's plan," when it's NOT.

Elle: Sorry but *DO* you (or them or anyone else) know God's "plan?" If I did believe in "God's Plan" I would say that there are times that the almighty one might opt for the kind of birth she ended up having rather than the one she initially planned.

She is a friend of Rebecca the rather unusual maiden for god (now butterfly days). She seems like a sweet girl but way too young for procreation. (but her husband is a bit of a looker.)

That's it! I was thinking there was some kind of connection to the YLCF crowd.

Did "god" plan for her son to be born through induction? I don't think so. She let a doctor made the decision. A slightly elevated blood pressure toward the end is normal (the heart is pumping an awful lot of extra blood with each beat), but many doctors use it as an excuse to induce (more money to be made, more control). I can't stand these people always saying it's "god's plan," when it's NOT.

Elle: You do not know the medical details of her delivery. Without accurate medical information your comment is mere speculation. As someone who has had to treat women with eclampsia and intracranial hemorrhage (from elevated blood pressure)and other conditions related to increased blood pressure, and as someone who has had to go out to the waiting room to tell the family that a patient has died from the sequelae of elevated blood pressure - I will tell you that elevated blood pressure is a serious medical issue that can have grave consequences. For you to casually dismiss medical care (that resulted in a healthy mother and baby) without knowing all the facts is problematic for me.

Elle: You do not know the medical details of her delivery. Without accurate medical information your comment is mere speculation. As someone who has had to treat women with eclampsia and intracranial hemorrhage (from elevated blood pressure)and other conditions related to increased blood pressure, and as someone who has had to go out to the waiting room to tell the family that a patient has died from the sequelae of elevated blood pressure - I will tell you that elevated blood pressure is a serious medical issue that can have grave consequences. For you to casually dismiss medical care (that resulted in a healthy mother and baby) without knowing all the facts is problematic for me.

Elle is like a caricature of a home birth advocate. The MIDWIFE is the one who sent 110% to the doc/hospital because she not only had elevated bp, but bad swelling and headaches. Ding ding ding those are major red flags. This was all in the story but Elle hears it's an induction and oh it must be the ebil doctors using any old excuse to induce because they have nothing better to do. God Elle, get a grip already.

Elle is like a caricature of a home birth advocate. The MIDWIFE is the one who sent 110% to the doc/hospital because she not only had elevated bp, but bad swelling and headaches. Ding ding ding those are major red flags. This was all in the story but Elle hears it's an induction and oh it must be the ebil doctors using any old excuse to induce because they have nothing better to do. God Elle, get a grip already.

Not all inductions too are of the horror story type. My hospital midwives start inductions at the smallest dose and are very very very patient. - I've read a lot of the many many birth stories on their website and 1 or 2 of them are inductions due to high blood pressure. I think if the woman doesn't mind, its not an issue. But if the woman didn't have any health issues at ALL and the doc pressured her into one and she's not a happy camper? that's another kettle of fish, but like you said, swelling? and high blood pressure? yeah, I think i'd induce too and i'm very natural birth minded (FOR MYSELF PERSONALLY, i honestly don't care if they've been beamed out via transporter if that's alright with mom!)

I thought the stirrups photo was really interesting -- what was she thinking posting that? Proof that she birthed vaginally? Uhhhh, nobody really needs to know that, Katy!

I was interested to see she appeared to be on an oxygen mask. Is that common with induction? Looked like a highly medical birth which is sad because she wanted a non-medicated home birth. You know, in her trailer.

Her husband is cute, though. I keep trying to see the beauty in her, but just can't.

I thought the stirrups photo was really interesting -- what was she thinking posting that? Proof that she birthed vaginally? Uhhhh, nobody really needs to know that, Katy!

I was interested to see she appeared to be on an oxygen mask. Is that common with induction? Looked like a highly medical birth which is sad because she wanted a non-medicated home birth. You know, in her trailer.

Her husband is cute, though. I keep trying to see the beauty in her, but just can't.

Sometimes providers if the baby's heartbeat isn't doing so hot, before they go for a c-section, they see if they can get the baby's heartbeat going better w/ some oxygen for mom. I ALMOST needed it during my son's birth.

Archived