IGNORED

Homemaker by Choice has a bun in the oven

dairyfreelife

Really? :lol: (to your cousins) I've never been pregnant, but I think I'd push hard to get the kid out regardless of whether I knew what I was having or not. I think I'd just want the child out of me already. I know my mother didn't find out with me, though she wanted to know, the old-fashioned doctor said no. My grandmother was dying and my parents wanted to tell her what her the gender of the grandchild (this was the late 80s). They found out with my younger siblings. I used to think I wanted to wait just because, but really I think I'd be too curious so I'd probably end up finding out anyway if I ever get pregnant. I never knew people took an issue or air of superiority over it. Sheesh. Is every decision a woman makes under scrutiny? Yes, that's mostly rhetorical.

I do agree with you about it always being a surprise whether you find out sometime beforehand or after the birth. I don't see how knowing the gender would make a difference. I mean, you still don't know what they really look like anyway. The hair colour, eye colour, who they look more like. I'm sure it's just as exciting either way.

My SIL has to wait, she's had 4 ultrasounds and none of them have been able to determine sex of the baby!!! She's having one more, but she's saying she's not going to bother... She's excited but I doubt she'll push harder or not harder than any woman having a baby. Because yeah, um by the time you get to pushing, you want it out, by any means possible.

I can't believe that she's on kid 3 already! I feel like she JUST got to Norway and started posting her house tour videos. I wonder how she's doing on the language. I imagine being home with three littles in a country where you can't speak the language would be extremely isolating. Hope she does all right with it.

I think that this is just child 2.

I think that this is just child 2.

Yeah, this is her second and they are moving back to the US, right? I haven't checked in on her in a while.

I find this girl really disturbing. I don't understand how people can make the "choice" to never work and have other people take care of them, just because of their gender. Wtf?!

Damn. If we didn't already have our next daughter's name picked, I'd name her Elf Army too.

My most recent friend waited to find out because she didn't want people to go overboard with boy or girl stuff. As soon as her daughter was born, she couldn't wait to get all the frills and immediately over drafted buying girl stuff. Oops.

Archived