IGNORED

Dead Murderer Found in Bunker

Caxpax

The list-writer, though a bit "intense" seeming, mentions that those who do not wish to bring a KJV Bible can/should bring other reading material…And out of 36 listed items, I only see three weapons; has the list changed?

We have pockets of people kind of like that in NE AL, but they are small in number and not as bat-shit crazy. One enclave was raided a few years ago, and the whole group was arrested and DHR took the kids away because there was a mini-meth lab (the area is known as Meth Mountain) in the same room where the kids slept! After that incident they either changed their ways, went further underground, or left the area. I'm thinking the latter of the two. I just hope it's not near me.

Yeah, we've been following this story here. It's crazy. I'm waiting to hear his motive for killing his family. I wonder if his wife was trying to leave him so he killed her? Or was his plan all along to kill his family & live in his bunker just because he's batshit crazy?

Survivalists per se don't bother me. Every one of us is a "survivalist" in some way, and if people want to spend their money and time on things like that I view it no differently than I do gardening or sewing or fitness training. The problem is murder and abuse, but I don't know how the government would be able to put a stop to such things without also monitoring a whole bunch of kooky but innocent people and thus seriously overstepping its bounds.

True, but you have to wonder why so many of them have stockpiles and arsenals of weapons (some of which are illegal to own) and manufacturing drugs to sell to fund their arsenal. The leader of the group I mentioned even said he does not recognize the government of the U.S. That's not your typical survivalist, that a bat-shit crazy survivalist.

BTW: I believe in the right to bear arms, I'm speaking of the behavior of these people.

Yeah, we've been following this story here. It's crazy. I'm waiting to hear his motive for killing his family. I wonder if his wife was trying to leave him so he killed her? Or was his plan all along to kill his family & live in his bunker just because he's batshit crazy?

I am so fucking tired of reading stories where a man offs his entire family because the relationship went sour or he lost his job or whatever.

True, but you have to wonder why so many of them have stockpiles and arsenals of weapons (some of which are illegal to own) and manufacturing drugs to sell to fund their arsenal. The leader of the group I mentioned even said he does not recognize the government of the U.S. That's not your typical survivalist, that a bat-shit crazy survivalist.

BTW: I believe in the right to bear arms, I'm speaking of the behavior of these people.

Blame the pundits who stir up irrational fears and the gun lobbies who misconstrue any rational limits on gun ownership as "coming for your guns!"

Survivalists per se don't bother me. Every one of us is a "survivalist" in some way, and if people want to spend their money and time on things like that I view it no differently than I do gardening or sewing or fitness training. The problem is murder and abuse, but I don't know how the government would be able to put a stop to such things without also monitoring a whole bunch of kooky but innocent people and thus seriously overstepping its bounds.

Agreed. It's not a bad idea to squirrel away food and other helpful items for hard times or natural disaster. The guns? Not so much. In a crisis situation, guns will only escalate the threat of violence. But having non-perishable foodstuffs in the house? Makes sense to me.

Blame the pundits who stir up irrational fears and the gun lobbies who misconstrue any rational limits on gun ownership as "coming for your guns!"

srsly. This murder brought to you courtesy of Fox News.

It really scares me what some of these people would do during a natural disaster, or some other situation that (to them) smacked of "martial law."

Gun collections don't bother me. There were law-abiding gun owners who had their guns confiscated in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and then had their property damaged by looters, so I do see guns as something one might want to have in the event of a natural disaster for self-defense. If someone wants to collect guns or canned food or tactical gear, I do not care. What matters is if the survivalists in question are abiding the law. If they're Burt Gummer, there's no reason to treat them like David Koresh.

I disagree with this to an extent. The bat-shit crazy people I'm talking about keep a low profile until they're ready to pounce. Most of the gun lobbyist I know are responsible gun owners. But that's my own person experience though.

I disagree with this to an extent. The bat-shit crazy people I'm talking about keep a low profile until they're ready to pounce. Most of the gun lobbyist I know are responsible gun owners. But that's my own person experience though.

By "lobbyist" I mean actual, paid lobbyists. Not your average gun owner.

I am not being snarky but I missed where Fox News caused this guy to go insane and kill his family. I admit to having issues to focusing while reading this weekend but did it really say that Fox caused it or just guessing? severaal people said it was because of fox news but after rereading it 3 times I missed it, where am I missing it? :?

Agreed. It's not a bad idea to squirrel away food and other helpful items for hard times or natural disaster. The guns? Not so much. In a crisis situation, guns will only escalate the threat of violence. But having non-perishable foodstuffs in the house? Makes sense to me.

If you have a gun but no food and someone else has food but no gun, you can force them to share. ;)

At the end of each Doomsday Preppers show on National Geographic, there's an assessment of the survivalists, looking for spots that need improving. There was a family that had alternate food and fuel sources and were ready to be self sustaining, but didn't own guns. It was recommended they consider that WTSHTF, they might need guns to defend their home and get to benefit from all their stockpiling.

Archived