IGNORED

Michelle's Advice: Use a watch to keep track of time!

Visionoyahweh

I saw this posted on TWOP. WTF?

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/fa ... -kids.html

I have a wristwatch that's pretty basic. If Jim Bob and I are out on a very special date and we're all dressed up in our fancies, I'll take my wristwatch off because it's so ugly. It is not fancy at all, but it's my lifeline to keeping up with everything, because it's got my timer.

Note how the post is sponsored by First Response home pregnancy tests. Years ago, I got the sense that the company was no longer going after the demographic of people who WANT the pregnancy test to be negative, and this confirms it.

The watch doesn't seem to help with "Duggar Time". Maybe she doesn't know how to tell time?

She should keep her watch on because it's obviously not helping her be on time. Maybe telling time isn't something they teach at the SOTDRT? I'll bet she has lots of time for special dates with JB even though she has 19 kids. That's probably something she's never late for.

Wait. What? The matriarch of a family that is notoriously late and calls it "Duggar Time" recommends using a watch? WTF? She's a hypocrite to even write that article in the first place!

ETA: Couldn't resist to call her out on their chronic lateness on the Parentables site.

ETA again to correct grammar

I thought they didn't believe in watches...

I always think of Molly Weasley's clock when they mention Duggartime. I think it is continually pointing at YOU'RE LATE!!

Watches = ugly?

Same pink shirt and denim muumuu = not ugly?

I'm guessing Michelle hasn't figured out how to use the calendar and appointment ap on her iPhone.

really I don't own a watch anymore. does she have to time the bathroom use so no one has time for any hanky panky? I would think one timer would not be enough.

really I don't own a watch anymore. does she have to time the bathroom use so no one has time for any hanky panky? I would think one timer would not be enough.

I'm surprised she doesn't just rely on the family's many iPhones for time keeping.

Also, not surprised that when it comes to education, they value quick time over depth.

all this time I had no clue how to keep time.

This.

However, they must teach time-telling differently at the SOTDRT, because she sure as hell is never on time for anything!!

She probably uses a sundial as a watch. It would explain why she thinks it's ugly, and why she obviously can't tell time correctly. benzboost.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13230&d=1324962767

I thought they didn't believe in watches...

I always think of Molly Weasley's clock when they mention Duggartime. I think it is continually pointing at YOU'RE LATE!!

Watches = ugly?

Same pink shirt and denim muumuu = not ugly?

I've seen her wear the watch. Both she and Boob have what look to be old digital watches that would have been contemporary of the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book (RIP Doug Adams). All they need is a towel and hopefully someone will beam them up and feed them pangalatic gargleblasters. :pray:

Agree that someone who has her fucking iphone basically attached at her hip, except when she's working out and can program that fancy ellipitcal, should be able to set her calendar for events and set the damn thing for two hours ahead of departure time so they actually have a chance of getting somewhere on time.

Oh wait...that's the responsibility of the J'Slaves. I guess we now know why THEY got iphones. Never mind. :roll:

In other news...

I use a toaster to make toast.

I use a washing machine to wash clothes.

I wear a hat to keep my head warm.

I use a pen to write - on paper!

AND I also use a watch to keep track of the time.

Wow I am just as good at homemaking as Michelle.

Who would have known Michelle has 'fancies'. :roll:

Obviously her blue shirt... since she wore it on their McDonald's date in NYC...

I've seen her wear the watch. Both she and Boob have what look to be old digital watches that would have been contemporary of the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book (RIP Doug Adams). All they need is a towel and hopefully someone will beam them up and feed them pangalatic gargleblasters. :pray:

Agree that someone who has her fucking iphone basically attached at her hip, except when she's working out and can program that fancy ellipitcal, should be able to set her calendar for events and set the damn thing for two hours ahead of departure time so they actually have a chance of getting somewhere on time.

Oh wait...that's the responsibility of the J'Slaves. I guess we now know why THEY got iphones. Never mind. :roll:

HGG reference :banana-dance:

Using a watch the keep track of time... What a unique and ingenious idea. It's a wonder she hasn't cured cancer yet with ideas like that!

Why would I take any advice from someone who is always late? Maybe she needs more than a watch because her method clearly is a giant failure. She should get a giant clock around her neck like Flava Flav.

HGG reference :banana-dance:

The REAL answer to life, the universe and EVERYTHING!!! :greetings-clappingyellow::greetings-clappingyellow::greetings-clappingyellow:

We really need a Zaphod smilie. Two heads are always better than one. :dance:

Archived