IGNORED

How Reversal-Joseph spent his 23rd birthday

kpmom

I always wondered if Teri was using Pepsi to cope with her depression. I took a nutrition class in college and the nutritionist who taught the class mentioned that people with depression do use caffeine as an anti-depressant.

You may well be on to something here! It was the only part of her day she actually enjoyed and looked forward to... the one thing that made her feel good. It could help her cope with her depression. As someone who has dealt with depression, you try to find something to make you happy, to bring you some joy so you feel like "you" even if it's just for awhile-- something to make you forget how shitacular you do indeed feel. Then, you realize you can't really continue to look for things to make you feel good/normal/like yourself because the problem can't be avoided. You can't avoid it forever. It is always there. Like that old Prozac ad from the late 90's or early 2000's- the little white blob that had the words "Depression hurts- Prozac helps." That is when you go see the doctor and figure out if you need therapy, meds, a combination, etc. Then, you work from there.

I got sick of feeling like some zombie who was just going through the days, trying to act all happy when I just wanted to sleep and make all the hurt stop. When you get to the point that you're pretty sure you are a hazard to yourself and you can't take it anymore, it's past time to get help. I had a doctor tell me "When you get to the point that you think you've had a nervous breakdown, you've probably already had one." Once I got to that point- the breaking point- and hit bottom, I got some help and some meds. It was just a relief. Then, when I decided to quit my job (which was part of my problem) I swear it was like I was a new person. I wasn't scared about being unemployed. It was freeing. I knew I could do whatever I wanted- even if I had to work at Starbucks ( they have excellent healthcare !) and Subway and wait tables, if it meant I could be happy and find out what I wanted to do with my life, it was worth it.

I don't recommend this approach to everyone- I was very fortunate to have some savings tucked away- I also was a teacher, so I had a salary coming until the end of the summer. People thought I was crazy for resigning before I had another job, I really wanted to tell them "I was crazy for staying this long!" I also got a job right before the economy tanked. Had I waited, I wouldn't have been so fortunate.

Sorry for my crazy rant.... I'm done now....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P.S.- Maxwell Women: Please tie your hair up when cooking. No one wants to think about your nasty hair getting into the food you are preparing.

P.S.- Maxwell Women: Please tie your hair up when cooking. No one wants to think about your nasty hair getting into the food you are preparing.

I dare someone to mail them a box of hairnets.

Steve is wearing Crocs in the group picture. That creeps me out. :dance:

I hope he's not making comfortable footwear into an idol.

I thought that was weird, too!

AND, I wonder if Joseph was allowed to have ALL of his mocha at Starbucks, or just part of it and had to parse out the rest to the others?

I bet he had to get a "Short" Mocha (equivalent of a kids size hot chocolate)... probably wasn't allowed to have a Tall.

Ok... I have noticed that John and Rev. Anna look quite "close" in a lot of their pictures. There are many times when they look like a young happy married couple. I feel like someone here has pointed that out before, so I keep noticing it now. Anyone else?

I've noticed it, too. It's weird. Like bad touch weird..... creepy weird.....

Eh they probably use honey. Wasn't he circumspect about some fucking cookie recipe that was a no brainer?

I find it weird that he left that part out. Most people who make it a point to say "It doesn't have sugar in it" are saying that because they want to point out that it has "some-other-type-of-sweetener-instead". I can't imagine he doesn't know what type of sweetener they used.

...Or, didn't tell them what type of sweetener to use...

I should have known they can't wear jewelry :( so chips it is.

That's why they carry iPhones. You can install the "Find my Phone" app and you know exactly where the phone is at any time. Stevie is tracking them with GPS on their phones!

That's why they carry iPhones. You can install the "Find my Phone" app and you know exactly where the phone is at any time. Stevie is tracking them with GPS on their phones!

But are the girls allowed to have phones? Maybe Teri, but probably not the girls.

Why does Steve need the ear piece while he's driving? Is he on the phone all day? With whom??

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/DSC_0378.jpg

I will again quote the 'cleaning our brother's house for him' post:

What happy times for a little girl as she pretends to be busy.

Why does Steve need the ear piece while he's driving? Is he on the phone all day? With whom??

Mr Sola wears his whenever he is in the car, just in case he gets a call.

Mr Sola wears his whenever he is in the car, just in case he gets a call.

My brother-in-law wears his all day just incase. He doesn't have a job that demands he be in contact nor is he very popular and getting lots of calls from friends. I sometimes think he does it to look important but instead it just looks weird.

I find it weird that he left that part out. Most people who make it a point to say "It doesn't have sugar in it" are saying that because they want to point out that it has "some-other-type-of-sweetener-instead". I can't imagine he doesn't know what type of sweetener they used.

...Or, didn't tell them what type of sweetener to use...

The post about the sugarless frozen custard has been removed. I wonder why.

I love how under the picture of Joseph sitting on a ball it says, 'Do your own research. It's good for your back." Never miss an opportunity to show how much BETTER they're doing it.

Teri made an idol of Pepsi but has there ever been a post about Steve being less than perfect? Ergh.

I do think I have seen a time or two when Stevie has almost admitted making a bad decision. Well, certainly his vasectomy was a bad decision, but he fixed that and has proof.

This comments stood out to me.

In response to

"Hey! Very cool rope climbing. Is that a part of your regular workouts or just for fun?"

Stevie replies

"That is a bonus to their workout. They like it."

--Steve

Notice how he can't even say the word fun? Sounds like rope climbing could become an idol.

This comments stood out to me.

In response to

"Hey! Very cool rope climbing. Is that a part of your regular workouts or just for fun?"

Stevie replies

"That is a bonus to their workout. They like it."

--Steve

Notice how he can't even say the word fun? Sounds like rope climbing could become an idol.

And that was in response to his own sister-in-law. My guess is that Tami has had a lot of discussion with Teri about her lifestyle and about Steve's "headship" and Steve is probably at odds with Tami. They visit with Tami's family when they have to but I'm sure Steve is grinding his teeth the entire time.

Archived