IGNORED

How Reversal-Joseph spent his 23rd birthday

kpmom

The entire family are without joy.

But...but...they have J.O.Y., dontcha know! And that's far, far better than plain old joy.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joseph gets cool headphones, Sarah got a bible cover..... :roll:

From the comments on that post;

"The headphones are sound canceling. With the three guys having their offices very close together it can be quite distracting if you need to concentrate. They have greatly helped him."

Just in case we were concerned about them causing any risk of fun :D

"cumulative total"

Don't ya just love how she had to explain it to us.... :roll:

That cracked me up!

I'm seeing a new venture for Maxwell Inc, Math with the Moodys.

I thought that was weird, too!

AND, I wonder if Joseph was allowed to have ALL of his mocha at Starbucks, or just part of it and had to parse out the rest to the others?

Did Steve allow the birthday boy to have caffeine, or as readers of the blog, should we just assume it's decaf because of Teri's Pepsi idolatry?

Sigh, I was hoping that his birthday included lots of booze and a strip club.......but I guess his mocha was enough excitement for one day!

Did anyone else think that the "Do your own research" when she mentioned the exercise ball was rather snarky?

It's all about image, you know. Stevie needs to look busy and important and vitally necessary.

Dontcha know? It's his 24/7 direct line to Jesus. :text-callme:

I'd likely have a similar facial expression if I were sitting in Steve's lap:

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/DSC_0515.jpg

And what's up with serving dessert on paper plates? What is UP with fundies using disposable plates so much?

I will admit I sit on an exercise ball as a chair at my desk often, my physical therapist recommended to me :)

Spot sweeping though? No. When I was a small kid, a VERY messy small kid, my mother was all about practical and just fed me on top of a plastic sheet on the floor so it was easy to pick up and wash off. If it was summer, I wore a diaper and that was it. Easy to hose down. Perhaps now people have different sensibilities though... but it was hot anyway and no one had air conditioning in private houses, lucky for the baby who doesn't have to wear anything!

Even the supposedly fun stuff like climbing ropes sounds suspiciously like work. I wonder if the guys use all of the weight lifting and exercise to get rid of the sexual frustration.

So Joseph had a mocha, chocolate custard, and a fudge brownie with chocolate sauce. I expect to see a post soon stating that Joseph has made chocolate an idol.

In the exercise ball section, I thought Sarah's line "Do your own research" was really smug and arrogant. She is turning into a female Smuggar or a mini-Steve. Or maybe it's frustration that she got a Bible cover and Joseph got nice headphones.

Do we know if Steve expects the girls to submit to their brothers? Or does everyone just bow down to him?

That cracked me up!

I'm seeing a new venture for Maxwell Inc, Math with the Moodys.

I was no math major, but isn't "cumulative total" bordering on redundancy? And then the fact that she felt compelled to define it, yet sent us off to do our own research on the exercise ball (also known as a "birthing ball" for anyone who has any worldly knowledge of giving birth) is just, well, STUPID.

And is anyone else disappointed that Rebecca !!!!!!11111!!!!!eleventy-hundred finally chimed in on the birthday celebration and only used TWO measly exclamation points? That's just not right.

NR Anna is due May 20th. And before anyone thinks I am way stalkerish, it is my birthday and it makes me kinda sad that the kid will have such a different life from me.

The exercise ball comment was very snarky.

In the exercise ball section, I thought Sarah's line "Do your own research" was really smug and arrogant.
I just thought it was odd. She feels compelled to explain the most mundane, unremarkable things--such as why her niece was wearing an over-sized pink t-shirt--but not the exercise ball as a chair?

And that she thinks anyone would wonder at the exercise ball being used as a desk chair really speaks to how isolated she is. That's hardly anything new or unusual--at least not out here, in the wider world.

And I admit I sighed when their dinnertime gathering was described as a "family party." Well of course it's a family party! Those are the only kinds of parties the Maxwells ever have! To have any other kind would require having actual friends! With people who are unrelated, and not in Steve's thrall, no less!

The brownies and frozen custard looked pretty darned good. But it's sad that their idea of a birthday celebration worth writing about is the equivalent of a dull-normal day for people outside their family cult.

I am surprised Steve lets them climb a rope. After all, there would be quite a bit of pressure on the manly-parts. A bit defrauding, no? And all the sweating and tensed muscles... (as George Takei would say)... Oh My!

Overall, I saw it as a very pathetic, controlled, isolated day. Not how I'd want to spend my birthday (and I don't generally do anything special for my birthday) or any other day.

I must say though that I am glad to have the word cumulative defined and explained for me. The Maxwells are so smart, how would I ever have known without them.

I am surprised Steve lets them climb a rope. After all, there would be quite a bit of pressure on the manly-parts. A bit defrauding, no? And all the sweating and tensed muscles... (as George Takei would say)... Oh My!

I have to wonder if the girls climb rope. As I child, I recall rather liking it, if you get my meaning. I did not know WHY, but... yeah. It was good!

The food is all lined up in front of Steve because he doles out who gets what and how much. Right? And the photos keep being posed - no action - no impromptu anything - no imaginative angles - no veggies - no fun. And why isn't Joseph driving? What 23 year old lets his dad drive him around? Or was that a birthday present - to be chauffeured by micro-managing dad? Did anyone notice how they pointed out about Joseph working? I think they do read here. The whole post seems a strained response to our last discussion about them.

And poor, poor, poor Sarah - her language is SOOOooo stilted and awkward and just downright plain weird.

And doesn't John look ridiculous sitting with his arm around Rev. Anna? He is beginning to look a bit rebellious too. Hopefully the lights are beginning to flick on.

I feel so sorry for this group of indentured adult children.

And poor, poor, poor Sarah - her language is SOOOooo stilted and awkward and just downright plain weird.

I think that Steve might have written this one. Sarah is a little more sweet, this seemed really snarky and almost "fine, you FJ bitches want to see a birthday, here, dammit! I even let him a coffee, even if there is no proof."

I think that Steve might have written this one. Sarah is a little more sweet, this seemed really snarky and almost "fine, you FJ bitches want to see a birthday, here, dammit! I even let him a coffee, even if there is no proof."

I also think it was Steve.

One of the most recent comments was asking if the boys had any plans of entering an Ironman or body building contest? Bwah ha ha -- that HAD to be someone here, right? Steve totally skirted the temptation to talk about how those are worldly competitive sports (and honestly, can you imagine a Maxwell boy bearing it all, all greased up, in a body building contest! LOL!). So in his answer, he played it safe and quoted scripture. What a surprise.

The food is all lined up in front of Steve because he doles out who gets what and how much. Right? And the photos keep being posed - no action - no impromptu anything - no imaginative angles - no veggies - no fun. And why isn't Joseph driving? What 23 year old lets his dad drive him around? Or was that a birthday present - to be chauffeured by micro-managing dad? Did anyone notice how they pointed out about Joseph working? I think they do read here. The whole post seems a strained response to our last discussion about them.

And doesn't John look ridiculous sitting with his arm around Rev. Anna? He is beginning to look a bit rebellious too. Hopefully the lights are beginning to flick on.

I feel so sorry for this group of indentured adult children.

Ok... I have noticed that John and Rev. Anna look quite "close" in a lot of their pictures. There are many times when they look like a young happy married couple. I feel like someone here has pointed that out before, so I keep noticing it now. Anyone else?

See, I read through the post and thought Joseph's birthday was way more fun than poor Anna's 18th. They really went all out for him, as the Maxwell's go. That dinner looked really good, and he got a trip to Starbucks and TWO desserts.

See, I read through the post and thought Joseph's birthday was way more fun than poor Anna's 18th. They really went all out for him, as the Maxwell's go. That dinner looked really good, and he got a trip to Starbucks and TWO desserts.

I think each kid gets to pick what they want for bday dinner and dessert, so maybe Anna just didn't pick very well (I don't remember what they did for Anna's bday).

Archived