IGNORED

How Reversal-Joseph spent his 23rd birthday

kpmom

The promised picture post is up about how Joseph spent his 23rd birthday. Although, because they didn't think about doing a picture post until a reader suggested it, it doesn't start until mid-day.

The day involved lots of exercise, lots of bible, enjoyable food (yes! not just animal crackers), lots of card, lots of presents, and lots of friends his own age. Yes, I'm joking about the last one, unfortunately.

Oh! And a trip to Starbucks with Steve! See? Just a normal family. Well except for that lots of friends his own age part.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your welcome! I asked that question....i just wanted to see if they would do anything more exciting...apparently not.

Glad you asked that, alysee. They do have some pretty boring birthdays there, don't they? Those Bose headphones are really nice, but they made sure we knew they were for work, not for fun.

Dare I say that the rope climbing looks... f*n? I mean, I couldn't do it myself--I have the upper-body strength of a five-year-old--but I wish I could. And the Swedish meatballs and dessert look tasty.

Are Family Bible Time two-a-days a regular thing, or a super special birthday treat?

I thought the workout photo was interesting. To the left of John's head behind him on the wall looks suspiciously like a speaker. You don't suppose they listen to music while they work out, do they? Oh, wait, no, probably not. Probably the Bible on audio. It was interesting to see they have such a nice array of weights -- that stuff is pricey!

And the poor kid had to run errands on his birthday with Steve? Nice! I thought it interesting they ended up at evil corporate Starbucks. AND interesting that he drinks coffee. I've never once heard them mention that any of them drink coffee. Especially with Teri's addiction to Pepsi, you'd think the household would be caffeine-free.

And Bible time twice a day is normal for the family. Can you imagine? Ugh.

You can feel the fun being sucked out of life when you read their posts. Unlike the Mortons or Sanders which make be want to move next door.

I cannot imagine the depression that must exist in that home.

do you get your small kids to spot sweep after they eat? O_o

My son loves playing with the broom but I do the actual sweeping up. Although he does get the broom and sometimes actually bring it to me. Other days he runs around the first level of the house with it shouting "BROOM"! I thought the appology about Abby's shirt was interesting. A child got chocolate on her shirt after eating a very messy dessert is kind of to be expected. It is nice that Steve actually spent some time with his granddaughter. I hope it was longer then just to take a picture.

Overall a pretty fun day if you're a Maxwell but pretty boring for anyone else. Of course I've had birthdays where I worked all day BUT I typically did something fun the weekend before or afterwards.

I don't follow the Maxwells too much cause they're so damn boring, so forgive me if the following questions are dumb:

We had a great family party, including GiGi and Grandad. We did miss Christopher and Anna Marie, who had gone to Arkansas for a few days.

First off, how old are Chris and Anna Marie? Do you think they went to see the Duggars? Could there be a Duggar/Maxwell courtship?

(again, if those are dumb, just ignore me :) )

Chris and Anna Marie are married so unless they are planning a courtship between Anna Marie's unborn baby and Josie Duggar I don't think they are there for courtship reasons. I'm surprised that they are traveling since she has to be nearly fullterm at this point. I would assume they are visiting her family or attending a wedding not just random fellowshipping.

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/DSC_0374.jpg

Seems that Teri has a sneeky beer whilst cooking....

I thought the workout photo was interesting. To the left of John's head behind him on the wall looks suspiciously like a speaker. You don't suppose they listen to music while they work out, do they? Oh, wait, no, probably not. Probably the Bible on audio. It was interesting to see they have such a nice array of weights -- that stuff is pricey!

And the poor kid had to run errands on his birthday with Steve? Nice! I thought it interesting they ended up at evil corporate Starbucks. AND interesting that he drinks coffee. I've never once heard them mention that any of them drink coffee. Especially with Teri's addiction to Pepsi, you'd think the household would be caffeine-free.

And Bible time twice a day is normal for the family. Can you imagine? Ugh.

Yup they probably listen to the Bible on CD. When I saw the pic of the Bose headphones, I did wonder if Joseph listens to music, but he probably doesn't.

Chris and Anna Marie are married so unless they are planning a courtship between Anna Marie's unborn baby and Josie Duggar I don't think they are there for courtship reasons. I'm surprised that they are traveling since she has to be nearly fullterm at this point. I would assume they are visiting her family or attending a wedding not just random fellowshipping.

Oh OK, didn't know they were married. (I really don't follow the Maxwells much!) Thanks!

I think NR-Anna still has about a month to go -- I think she's due end of May. But it is odd they would travel that far (unless they flew, and even the airlines used to prohibit women over 7 months pregnant to fly -- not sure if that's true anymore). Her family lives in Washington state. Maybe Christopher was photographing a wedding and she wanted to go. They don't have any friends, presumeably, so it wouldn't be like they'd be invited to one.

Melanie looks pretty big, I hope everything is going smoothly for her this pregnancy.

And OMG I am totally defrauded by that first workout photo. PHOARRR!

That's like the most boring birthday ever. It's not like he had school/work as an excuse. This would be an okayish normal day for a normal person, but for them this is celebration. Must be hard to find presents that aren't what some would consider fun.

Rice and noodles with the meatballs? Not one or the other?

I thought that was weird, too!

AND, I wonder if Joseph was allowed to have ALL of his mocha at Starbucks, or just part of it and had to parse out the rest to the others?

I thought that was weird, too!

AND, I wonder if Joseph was allowed to have ALL of his mocha at Starbucks, or just part of it and had to parse out the rest to the others?

There was also a conspicuous absence of vegetables. Just meat starch and what appeared to be a very watery gravy.

Rice and noodles with the meatballs? Not one or the other?

Unless she made a pot each of rice and rotini pasta, and each person chose what they wanted? From the picture, it doesn't look like the rice was mixed w/ the noodles. If someone in the family is allergic to wheat, they might need to avoid pasta.

Why does Steve need the ear piece while he's driving? Is he on the phone all day? With whom??

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/DSC_0378.jpg

It's interesting how someone (Sarah?) felt the need to point out that Joseph was at a point in his work where he could take a break...that tells you he's not busy at all...

Why does Steve need the ear piece while he's driving? Is he on the phone all day? With whom??

titus2.com/blog/wp-conte

It's all about image, you know. Stevie needs to look busy and important and vitally necessary.

Archived