IGNORED

Most. Boring. TV. Show. EVARRR. Thx, EWTN!

Boltingmadonna

I went to 'The Catholic University of America", my freshman year we had 35 channels but it included HBO. (HUGE deal for me since I never had cable in my life). Then there was a student vote to raise the amount of channels to 65, but HBO wouldn't be included. We ended up getting few different versions of EWTN. No Joke. They also took away our free subscriptions to the Washington Post too.

I thought you were going to talk about Mother Angelica says the rosary or some show like that on EWTN, but I got to say that show sounds worse.

I'm not Catholic, but I've DVR'd one episode of that show. The chanting, flat voices, and repetition put me right to sleep. I pull it up on insomnia nights. I am going to hell. :twisted:

I dont fold sheets. I ball them up until needed, shoved in the closet. When I need them I stick them in the dryer for 10 minutes and "wa la" no wrinkles!

I do this too. I also got rid of all but 2 sheet sets for the beds (well except the crib.) One to use and one to wash. Lots more room in closet, and we haven't missed them. I kept lots of pillow cases, but got rid of the sheets.

My way to avoid folding sheets is wash them, dry them, put them right back on the bed. I know they don't last as long, but I'm tired of them by the time they wear out anyway.

I dont fold sheets. I ball them up until needed, shoved in the closet. When I need them I stick them in the dryer for 10 minutes and "wa la" no wrinkles!

I do that as well, since if the sheets are balled up enough, they stay in the cabinet until I put them in the dryer to remove the wrinkles. I have 2 sheet sets for my bed anyway, so I have plenty of storage space. I think I might watch that show for the snark value, as that's the only reason I really watched Martha Stewart's show. I also loved the show her daughter did which was all about snarking on Martha.

I was raised fundie Catholic. Whenever Fox News wasn't on in my house (which wasn't often) it seemed like it would be on EWTN or Law & Order reruns. I remember Johnette from a show she hosted before, "The Abundant Life." Mother Angelica, Benedict Groschel, Frank Pavone, Father Pablo, they were all household names.

After checking out the "Women of Grace" site tho, I won't be watching any of the video clips. Especially not the one about "Narcissism: Its Roots and Fruits." Any more vapid talk about sacrifice and submission and "having a servant's heart" will make me gag. (And the first mention of Therese of Liveaux or Padre Pio will have me over the toilet in no time!)

Ah, memories. *heads for the booze cabinet*

I never did figure out how to get the fitted sheet to fold neatly. So I just stopped caring. :D As long as nothing falls down off the shelf, it's all good.

Heh, I just stuff the fitted sheet into the storage bin under the bed.

I never watch EWTN, but flipping through stations I always end up stopping in fear when those black and white episodes of Bishop Sheen are on.

I was raised fundie Catholic. Whenever Fox News wasn't on in my house (which wasn't often) it seemed like it would be on EWTN or Law & Order reruns. I remember Johnette from a show she hosted before, "The Abundant Life." Mother Angelica, Benedict Groschel, Frank Pavone, Father Pablo, they were all household names.

After checking out the "Women of Grace" site tho, I won't be watching any of the video clips. Especially not the one about "Narcissism: Its Roots and Fruits." Any more vapid talk about sacrifice and submission and "having a servant's heart" will make me gag. (And the first mention of Therese of Liveaux or Padre Pio will have me over the toilet in no time!)

Ah, memories. *heads for the booze cabinet*

Good ole EWTN! I find it a bit amusing that several of their big names ended up leaving the priesthood in disgrace or have been suspended from priestly ministry.

Also, did anyone else catch the intro blurb on the Women of Grace website?

The Women of Grace® Television program discusses contemporary issues from a Catholic perspective and affirms women in their dignity as daughters of God and their gift of authentic femininity™

Sooo... they've trademarked "authentic femininity"? I'd love to get my hands on the paperwork for that patent application! What would unauthentic femininity be, anyway? Dyeing your hair? Wearing Spanx?

Flat sheets for the win! Earlier this year I bought a set of linen flat sheets for my bed. I love them dearly, but I haven't been able to sleep on them for the last two weeks due to increased nerve sensitivity from shingles. They're coming back out this weekend and I can't wait.

I have to ask, who actually watches EWTN? Is it Catholic fundie women only? Do mainstream Catholics watch it?

I've never watched it, but I have to admit, titles like "Tiny Tots for Jesus" sound sooo snark-worthy. :twisted: They really get 'em early, don't they?

Also, did anyone else catch the intro blurb on the Women of Grace website?

Sooo... they've trademarked "authentic femininity"? I'd love to get my hands on the paperwork for that patent application! What would unauthentic femininity be, anyway? Dyeing your hair? Wearing Spanx?

Ahem. Women of Grace (or Mary, or Maude, or Godiva, or Hera, etc. ad infinitum), it's pretty much this: if you've got a vagina (or are planning to get one), you're authentically feminine. Y'know? Sheesh. :roll: :)

Maybe I'm odd, but why worry about wrinkles in the fitted sheet? No one sees it it if you make the bed, and if you don't, well, are you really the type to worry about wrinkled sheets?

Maybe I'm odd, but why worry about wrinkles in the fitted sheet? No one sees it it if you make the bed, and if you don't, well, are you really the type to worry about wrinkled sheets?

I wash and dry the sheets, make a weak stab at "folding" them, and then stuff them and one matching pillowcase in the other matching pillowcase. When DH makes the bed (his job), he just pulls a stuffed pillowcase off the shelf and everything's included (there really are no wrinkles once the bed is made anyway).

I learned how to fold fitted sheets from Free Jinger. True story. So never let the fundies get away with saying that we're not Titus 2ing all over this place. (Although I think it was SEK who linked me the video, and I think I'm older than her, but whatever! I learned something householdy from the pit of feminist vipers.)

Did I? I vaguely remember maybe doing that, but who knows. I was taught how to fold fitted sheets by a Christian feminist and I actually use a slight different method than the video I may or may not have posted.

(I don't know how old you are but I'll be 27 in June, so if you're older than me you're going to hell for letting me lead you. Or something like that.)

My way to avoid folding sheets is wash them, dry them, put them right back on the bed. I know they don't last as long, but I'm tired of them by the time they wear out anyway.

That's what I do, too. Martha Stewart actually recommended it on her folding fitted sheets segment.

Fitted sheets were a lot easier to fold when they didn't have elastic all around and were only elasticized at the corners and maybe the top and bottom, IMHO. I could fold those just fine.

Is Mother Angelica still around?

Gosh she made me laugh, unitentionnal on her part of course.

Or Father Corapi, the priest who told whoppers re: his pre-priestly life such as being a roadie for ELO and Jethro Tull, doing lsd every day during his youth :roll: , etc. He defrocked last year because he got caught with a mistress or something. What a hypocrite that guy is.

They worship these 2 over at the Catholic Answers forum (dunno about Corapi now)

Mother Angelica is still living although she no longer appears in live broadcasts. She had two major strokes in the past 10 years which affected her speech.

Mother said some stuff after 9/11 that was just as batshit crazy as anything Pat Robertson said; she just didn't get as much publicity.

Archived