IGNORED

Sister Wives

RR88

I think there have been a few threads about this show before.

Am I the only one who thinks that Kody has stopped sleeping with his other wives and is now de facto "monogamous" with Robyn? I can't stand her. I like Janelle the best.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's definitely more into Robyn than his other wives. After all, she is younger, hotter, skinnier, newer...

I like Meri the best. The kids are cool, too. Meri seems to have a little innocent flirtation going on with Logan.

I think Christine is crazy; Janelle is confusing (if she's so smart and competent, why is she with such a loser??) and Robyn is infantile and infuriating.

But think about how fast this will wear off. She's on her fourth child, and slowly picking up weight. Pretty soon he'll recieve "testimony" to look for another wife.

I think Christine is crazy; Janelle is confusing (if she's so smart and competent, why is she with such a loser??) and Robyn is infantile and infuriating.

I can take or leave Meri. I don't think she'd be a friend of mine, but I could probably tolerate her as a co-worker.

I agree Christine is a little flaky, but I don't find Janelle all that confusing. If I had to guess, I’d say she's dealing with some serious insecurity and inadequacy issues. She's by far the brightest of the wives and probably needs him the least, but she just can't see things clearly. I’d be curious to know more details of her life growing up. If the show does anything good for any of them, I hope it helps Christine see that she can easily free herself from that infantile creep who is giving her nothing but grief.

Robyn, on the other hand, is Kody's soul mate. Two dimwitted, juvenile peas in a pod. Even Christine must be able to see that.

I think the 3 original wives should take their kids and run and leave Kody and Robyn. I wonder if Meri encouraged this whole Robyn thing so now she won't have to have sex with him.

I think all these women are in this type of relationship because of major insecurities not all the same ones but yeah.

Don't use pepper.

I've been wanting the original recipe three to ditch Kody since the first episode. They have to have major insecurities if they think he's the best they can do or that putting up with this nonsense is better than being alone. Perhaps Robyn, who is a female Kody, will give them all the push they need to take care of themselves and their kids instead of pweshush Kody's ego.

I think he's definitely more into Robyn than his other wives. After all, she is younger, hotter, skinnier, newer...

I like Meri the best. The kids are cool, too. Meri seems to have a little innocent flirtation going on with Logan.

I also like Meri the best. I agree with you on the other wives. Robyn is probably my least favorite.

I like Janelle the most but don't mind Meri or Christine. Christine might be flaky but she seems nice. Robyn seems manipulative and childish.

I also like Meri the best. I agree with you on the other wives. Robyn is probably my least favorite.

Meri seems "off" to me when she does things such as pushing Kodi's and Robin's heads together so that they kiss in front of her. It's hard to imagine Meri is truly happy with her husband kissing another woman while (Meri is) saying she still loves Kodi.

x3

Robyn is dumb as a doorknob, and not half as cute as she thinks she is. The other three seem nice enough women, though I could only see myself being friends with Meri - Janelle seems quite insecure, and Christine seems a bit... well... unpredictable and self-absorbed.

I met the original three wives and Kody in the airport a few months ago. Christine seemed very nice, Janelle was a very take charge sort of person and Meri seemed to just oversee the chaos.

And the cameras definitely add weight because they were so skinny!

Janelle was skinny? I can imagine perhaps Robyn and Meri being not heavy but I can't imagine Janelle is truly skinny in person.

I think Robyn knows that she's the "prettier" one among the rest of the wives and shows off with it in a sneaky manner.

Speaking of her, I have yet to see her go an episode without crying or trying hard to hold back her tears over the stupidest shit.

Last I heard they were all on diets and buying a fitness business, no? If they are all losing weight, that's the best advertisement one could have.

I have a feeling Janelle might be an emotional eater. She seems so stoic, and she also seems to be the one ultimately responsible for paying the bills of this huge household. I cannot imagine her worries.

Meri seems "off" to me when she does things such as pushing Kodi's and Robin's heads together so that they kiss in front of her. It's hard to imagine Meri is truly happy with her husband kissing another woman while (Meri is) saying she still loves Kodi.

I wonder if she feels like this is the best way she has to hold onto Kodi (sp?) now. Robyn's the new favourite. If Meri and Robyn are friends, then Robyn will stand up for Meri and vice versa to Kodi. The women can run ideas through each other and tag-team Kodi when they want something. Meri's position is solidified as the new Favourite's best friend.

But I don't think Janelle minds working, too. Remember how upset she got after their move to Vegas and not having a job? Compared to the other wives, I think Janelle really enjoyed working and having a career, in general. Can't blame her considering her husband is a lazy ass who only thinks of himself.

Kody can put on a thousand different types of emotions for the audience, but I think he's a lazy fuck who only thinks of himself and practices polygamy for personal gain. He's an attention whore and loves being in the center of it and will do whatever it takes to make it stay that way. I think his mainstream mormon friends were right with Kody being an attention whore--he might have laughed it off but I think he knows it's true.

Janelle always seems to be the one talking about money. Like, Christine was saying in one episode that their happiness is more important and it's just money, while Janelle was looking at her in horror. I think she likes working, but that does not mean she is not stressed about family finances.

They all seem to have a way that they have made themselves important and unexpendable. Janelle is the workhorse, Christine is breeding and homekeeping, and Meri is everyone's support. Robin has an obvious attractiveness that makes her important to Kody at least. I think Meri has become Robin's bestie to make sure she keeps her role as the support system, because she is the less necessary of the group.

I don't think it is a conscious thing, but you have to know as a sister wife that you are expendable. If you leave, Kody is still married and has plenty of wives to cater to him. There would be no lifestyle change if Meri left, just one less home to pay for.

I can take or leave Meri. I don't think she'd be a friend of mine, but I could probably tolerate her as a co-worker.

I agree Christine is a little flaky, but I don't find Janelle all that confusing. If I had to guess, I’d say she's dealing with some serious insecurity and inadequacy issues. She's by far the brightest of the wives and probably needs him the least, but she just can't see things clearly. I’d be curious to know more details of her life growing up. If the show does anything good for any of them, I hope it helps Christine see that she can easily free herself from that infantile creep who is giving her nothing but grief.

Robyn, on the other hand, is Kody's soul mate. Two dimwitted, juvenile peas in a pod. Even Christine must be able to see that.

Word to all of this- I want Janelle and Christine to take their kids and go off back to Utah together where they can work, be happy, and free of Kody's emotional manipulation. I mainly feel bad for the kids, who are subject to their father's idiotic whims.

Meri and Robyn seem the most like women I would enjoy having as friends. Of the other two, Christine is flighty and Janelle too serious.

Have to admit I must be a sucker for different lifestyles since I also enjoy watching, 'The Little Couple' and love to snark on The Duggars.

I used to like the Duggars, but they completely finished me off with their love affair with Rick Santoro. First they want you to believe that their lifestyle is fine for them, but everyone else's lifestyle is just fine, too. Then they want to legislate all of us to live their lifestyle. And wouldn't you think they are REAL royalty rather than just Gothard royalty by the way they act?

Meri and Robyn seem the most like women I would enjoy having as friends. Of the other two, Christine is flighty and Janelle too serious.

Have to admit I must be a sucker for different lifestyles since I also enjoy watching, 'The Little Couple' and love to snark on The Duggars.

I used to like the Duggars, but they completely finished me off with their love affair with Rick Santoro. First they want you to believe that their lifestyle is fine for them, but everyone else's lifestyle is just fine, too. Then they want to legislate all of us to live their lifestyle. And wouldn't you think they are REAL royalty rather than just Gothard royalty by the way they act?

Didn't the Bates have a love afair with Rick Santorum too? They just didn't have the TLC money yet to follow him around like the Duggars. The Bates that you defend want to do the exact same thing as the Duggars.

I used to like the Duggars, but they completely finished me off with their love affair with Rick Santoro.

gilbatesfamily.com/2012/01/20/the-race-is-on/#comments

@BayLee

You have plenty of explaining to do. Everyone who reads FJ at all is aware of your love affair and supposed "personal relationship" with the Bates Family.

Guess what? Consider yourself caught in your own lies.

Never on FJ have I claimed to be anything other than a 69 year old female. Of course, I know that the Bates are Santorum fans, and so does everyone else who reads her blog. Also like everyone else the Bates are entitled to a political opinion. They were not following Santorum around in their bus, and they haven't written about their choice, aside from once, unlike Josh. When I met the Bates, several children ago, they were not famous. Because I no longer live in the South, I don't see them now, but we still email, sometimes often, sometimes not as often. Now if you want to say I'm a liar, well, I certainly have no way of stopping you, but I have spoken the truth. What I can't imagine is why people are so obsessed with whether or not I know the Bates. And I don't stalk them, either.

Archived