IGNORED

Fanatical Finnish "True Christian" cult

chiccy

...It seems not to be a joke. The crazy ringleader of this particular cult is a man named Niilo Paasivirta. His beliefs are outlined here, with a forum here

and some anti-roleplaying craziness here.

In the forum, they are recruiting teenage virgins to be polygamous wives and concubines.

A sampling of the beliefs:

True Christian Clothing

"It would be better if women did not wear underwear. Because those painted Jezebels use their underwear only to arouse and seduce men. They open their blouses or let their skirts (too short skirts, by the way) loose in a way that reveals the lingerie below. Women's lingerie is often coloured suggestively and laced. True christian women do not wear underwear when allowed outside the house. Younger wives in my household aren't allowed to wear shoes either, until they are completely trained. Shoes would allow them to loiter on the streets." (Niilo Paasivirta, Guestbook, 9th of March, 2006)

So, the basic way girls and women should dress is:

Nothing costly, nothing with gold or pearls.

Skirt, never trousers.

No underwear, whenever possible.

No shoes unless a trusted, trained and submissive wife, or accompanied with one.

Never any anime-cosplay-costumes. Hardly any "costume" is suitable for a true christian girl/woman!

Prov. 7:10: "And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart."

I Tim. 2:9: "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array"

Neither bathing nor showering is sinful in any way, if you are an adult, practicing True Christian. However, children, teenagers and non-christians focus on their bodies and touch themselves in a filthy way, and practice vile acts while bathing and showering. That always means indulging in the deadly sin of lust and is equal to adultery.

That's why a good christian father should, if their girl is bathing or showering, be there watching for any signs of onanism or other vile acts. The "private parts" can be washed by this True Christian, who won't ever be tempted to sin even when seeing and touching her privates.

Matt 5:28-30: "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." / "And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." / "And if thy right hand offend thee, cut if off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."

Women can be married about as early as the law permits.

13 years is allowed for example at certain states of USA. The younger the bride is, the better it is for her to be married to a slightly older, mature and experienced man, preferably already with other wives.

The Bible says: whenever girl's breasts are visibly developed (not necessarily fully grown), and pubic hair can be seen, she is ready for marriage.

Ezek. 16:7-8: "I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare." / "Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine."

There is no limit to number of wives a man can have. Common men should have one wife, but wealthy and important men have more.

Exodus 21:10: "If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish."

In the Bible, we find that Lamech had 2 wives, Esau 3 wives, Jacob 2, Ashur 2, Gideon many, Elkanah 2, David many, Solomon had 700 wives of royal birth, Rehaboam 3, and Abijah 14. Jehoram, Joash, Ahab, Jeholachin and Belshazzar also had multiple wives. From the historical record, it is known that Herod the Great (73 to 4 BCE) had nine wives.

Job got three new wives (see Job, chapter 42)!

Also, according to the Bible, man can also have concubines. Abraham had two concubines, Gideon at least 1, Nahor 1, Jacob 1, Eliphaz 1, Gideon 1, Caleb 2, Manassah 1, Saul 1, David at least 10, Rehoboam 60, Solomon 300, an unidentified Levite had 1, and Belshazzar, more than 1.

True Christian Wives

It has always been natural for the wifes to enjoy each other when the man was away. Also, wifes may have sex with each other for the pleasure of their husband who is present.

The Bible does not directly mention this, but it must be obvious, since there is no way that, say, Abijah - not to mention Solomon - could have satisfied all their wives themselves.

So, this "lesbianism" is perfectly fine for wifes of their own husband. Of course, it is UNNATURAL to have two women living together. That is ALWAYS a deadly SIN! Only when a man has MANY WIFES, may women to women sex be practiced for the pleasure of the man.

Pleasure of sex can be enjoyed only in marriage, and so there's nothing wrong in getting the most of it. This is obvious, since the Bible tells us that the most important and wealthy men also had concubines - to increase their pleasure!

Let's clarify this - some people seem to be really confused and unable to read the facts: whatever happens in a lawful marriage between a husband and his wives is never lesbianism or homosexuality! True Christian marriage NEVER includes the vile SIN of homosexualism!!!

Chastising your wives

Christian wife (or concubine) can be chastised* by her husband if she is disobedient. Here we should note that so-called "sado-masochism" is a horrible sin! But when a man disciplines his wives, there's nothing wrong if he gains pleasure when their nude bodies, glistening in sweat, writhe under the lash and they moan in pain. That should not even be called sado-masochism. Discipline for man's wives should always be in the nude so that man can avoid causing any harm accidentally.

Only chastise* on the hands, thighs, back, or buttocks. Chastising a wife on the head or face can cause extreme physical and emotional harm.

As the English law (the "Rule of Thumb") said: "Man can chastise* wife with a whip or rattan no bigger than his thumb, in order to enforce domestic discipline."

Eph. 5:22-24: "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." / "For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body." / "Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing."

Col. 3:18: "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord."

And that's just the tip of the iceberg of vileness...

Oh great. Just watch, he's going to start giving our home grown "fundies" ideas.

From the stuff quoted here, it reads more like an S&M forum to me (complete with the fantasy angle) but maybe I just frequent the not-so-clean parts of the internet... But really, rules for no pants and no underwear? Can't touch yourself but a dude has to do it? Yeah... not so uncommon to read (in detail! Lots and lots and LOTS of detail!!) really, just not usually found on the RELIGIOUS parts of the internet!

That looks like a satire site.

Read the parts about the "usb ports" having three prongs like satan's trident etc.. Most of it looks pretty blatantly satire

Not to mention the references to cosplay.

Wikipedia & RationalWiki (lame sources, but the best I could find) claim it's satire - the guy describes himself as a satirist in his bio and was tried for blasphemy for insulting God (he claimed in court he was referring to the invisible pink unicorn, not the Christian God), so I don't think he's really a fundie.

Yeah. This Finnish gal says he uses satire and parody against fundamental christianity. His internet personality is quite well known amongst Finnish Internet users. :)

Edit: missing words

Glad to know it is satire. I couldn't get past reading women not wearing underwear and fathers watching their daughters bathe to read any further.

While I salute him for being able to fool us, I am saddened by how like a parody most Fundies really are.

Are there fundies in Finland? I apologize for my ignorance but I thought that Christian Fundamentalism was an American problem. Also, you can be charged with blasphemy in Finland?

If he chose to join this site we could provide him with a lot of snark material. The Pearls, Mark Driscol etc would all be good subjects for him to mock.

While I salute him for being able to fool us, I am saddened by how like a parody most Fundies really are.

Are there fundies in Finland? I apologize for my ignorance but I thought that Christian Fundamentalism was an American problem. Also, you can be charged with blasphemy in Finland?

If he chose to join this site we could provide him with a lot of snark material. The Pearls, Mark Driscol etc would all be good subjects for him to mock.

well I think it sounds too much like Warren Jeff...

Even for satire, that's some pretty sick shit. The satirist had to think this out in detail, after all.

Fundies? Yes, but they are not similar to American fundies. We have our own young Earth creationists and some True Love Waits people but our 'folk church' (The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland) is also in American standards very liberal (women priests, gays are accepted and can work in church offices if they are in registered partnerships, we have even an openly transsexual minister (former vicar)). There is a saying - used both in positive and negative sense depending on speaker - how in Lutheran church walls are wide and roof reaches high meaning church will accept almost everything. Evolution and religion(s) are taught in schools and there are some debates whether evolution should be taught but nothing serious. Finns are quite education oriented people, we value education and information and most of the christians themselves don't see why faith should be opposite to science.

Kids usually move out when they graduate from lukio/gymnasium or vocational school and we don't have same kind of SAHM culture as it is in the US. Some choose to stay at home, some stay at home few years, some don't at all and it is not a big deal. Every family decides themselves what they do. SAHD/SAHS culture is almost nonexistent. Even amongst christians. Government pays allowance until (the youngest) kid is three years old and mothers/fathers usually return to work after that. Homeschooling is also almost nonexistent.

We have our own quiverful group called Conservative Laestadians who believe using contraceptives is a sin and they don't use television but they don't preach out their choices nor they don't keep their daughters at home but educate them. Conservative Laestadians claim that every woman makes her own decision but pressure is high, some use pills in secret. A couple of years ago I read an article about doctor level Laestadian women who said that they are relieved that they found their spouses later in life so they can't have that many children. That is fundy thinking in Finnish standards.

We have a small christian cult, though, I have discussed about it in some other thread. Most fundies are not basic Lutherans but members of smaller sects, mainly pentecostals.

And blasphemy...well. In 1734 blasphemy was made punishable by death but after 1823 Tsar changed sentences to other than death. Time in prison has changed during centuries, after 1970 it was maximum of two years. In 1999 blasphemy was removed from law and replaced with breach of the sanctity of religion and maximum for that is 6 months in prison. In reality blasphemy and attacks against peace of religion sentences have been mainly fines. For example, people were fined when they wrote antisemitic material and other ones painted blood on mosque door. One MP was fined when he called Islam a paedophillic religion in his blog. So, in reality the real blasphemy cases have been rare. I think an author called Hannu Salama was the last one who was convicted for _real_ blasphemy in 1964.

Here is an excerpt from the Finnish law:

A person who

(1) publicly blasphemes against God or, for the purpose of offending, publicly defames or desecrates what is otherwise held to be sacred by a church or religious community, as referred to in the Act on the Freedom of Religion (267/1922), or

(2) by making noise, acting threateningly or otherwise, disturbs worship, ecclesiastical proceedings, other similar religious proceedings or a funeral,

shall be sentenced for a breach of the sanctity of religion to a fine or to imprisonment for at most six months.

Thank God it's satire. :shock: I think a lot of fundies would get on board with that.

I think a lot of them already are on board with a lot of that.

There is also an American branch of the Conservative Laestadians- the Apostolic Lutheran Church of America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic_ ... of_America

apostoliclutheran.org/doctrine.php

While most of my knowledge of their beliefs is anecdotal, they do appear to be very quiverful in nature: marry young, no birth control and lots of children (The handful of members that I've known personally had between 9-16 children). I've been told that one of the churches where I used to live had a conference/gathering of church members from all over, specifically for the young adults to meet a future spouse of the same religion- it sounded a lot like courting to me, although I don't think they actually called it that.

I have only heard a few people saying they court, and they have been strict pentecostals. It is not a Finnish custom, not even amongst them who say they are believers. But Laestadians here have same kind of gatherings. Once a year there is this massive four day happening, it is open for everybody (not just for Laestadians) and there are as much as 100 000 visitors. They themselves joke about how they are going there to check out possible spouses :)

But yeah, many marry young here, too, and they can easily have over a dozen children. Laestadians mainly live in the west coast and in Lapland. I was born in eastern part of Finland so growing up I didn't know any Laestadians but my husband who is from west board town knew many from school. Some had 14 siblings, some less. What is funny is that if you have more than 4-5 children, people will automatically think if you are a Laestadian :D My mother has eleven siblings and every time I mention it to new people here, their face reveals how they assume her and probably my family is religious but they don't dare to ask more, lol. Nope, my grandparents were just horny and very fertile heathens :D

But in general we don't really have religious groups who will stick out because of what they wear. Some muslim ladies with hijabis but christian groups are just like everyone else. Faith and religion is seen so private issue here that people rarely ask about other people's views nor tell others what they think and it includes also what to wear. It is considered rude. Finns wear 'modest' clothes anyways because of the weather ;)

There is also an American branch of the Conservative Laestadians- the Apostolic Lutheran Church of America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic_ ... of_America

apostoliclutheran.org/doctrine.php

While most of my knowledge of their beliefs is anecdotal, they do appear to be very quiverful in nature: marry young, no birth control and lots of children (The handful of members that I've known personally had between 9-16 children). I've been told that one of the churches where I used to live had a conference/gathering of church members from all over, specifically for the young adults to meet a future spouse of the same religion- it sounded a lot like courting to me, although I don't think they actually called it that.

We've got one of their churches about a mile from my house in South Carolina. The families that go there are all related to each other, have huge families, and are involved in the construction business. They build really shitty houses. My neighbor had one of their houses and the master bath mirror fell off the wall the first week.

Archived