IGNORED

How about that... Tabby's Back

Koala

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm disappointed with you all! Don't you remember chanting "twist me, turn me, show me the elf?"

Totally OBV witchcraft!!!!

'Something something, I saw myself?' Aauugh! I can almost remember it! :angry-banghead: Pretty sad, considering that not only was I a Brownie, my daughter was one, too, and I was the assistant witch...er, troop leader! :lol:

Edited to add: Ooh, I've hit a hundred posts, I'm now a Frumper Lover! :dance:

When I was small I wouldn't join the Brownies as I refused to swear allegiance to the Queen (a required part of the oath you swear when you join in the UK), being raised in a solidly anti-monarchy household in a historically anti-monarchy city. JFC, I hope you're proud of 8 year old me ;)

I always wanted to join the Brownies or Girl Scouts, but they would never start a troop at my school because they said there weren't enough people interested. So I am still jealous-mad at the organization for my inability to participate. PFFFFT.

ETA: Yes, even though I'm in my 20s, still unreasonably jealous and mad.

I'm disappointed with you all! Don't you remember chanting "twist me, turn me, show me the elf?"

Totally OBV witchcraft!!!!

I remember that, but I don't remember making those sit upon things in Brownies. I happened to enjoy Girl Scouts, but in my area, most people quit after finishing Juniors, and with a lack of interest, I stopped as well.

Twist me, turn, me, show me the elf..I looked in the mirror (or was it water??) and saw myself!

If my random brain is remembering correctly, that's the rhyme you say during one of the Brownie ceremonies. I also still remember a bunch of the random girl scout songs, in case anyone is in the mood for a FJ singalong. Ooh maybe we can conjure witches with a rousing "John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith"?

Twist me, turn, me, show me the elf..I looked in the mirror (or was it water??) and saw myself!

If my random brain is remembering correctly, that's the rhyme you say during one of the Brownie ceremonies. I also still remember a bunch of the random girl scout songs, in case anyone is in the mood for a FJ singalong. Ooh maybe we can conjure witches with a rousing "John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith"?

That was it! Who remembers what 'six' they were in? I was a Sprite. I never got to be Sixer though - obviously not considered leader material!

When I was small I wouldn't join the Brownies as I refused to swear allegiance to the Queen (a required part of the oath you swear when you join in the UK), being raised in a solidly anti-monarchy household in a historically anti-monarchy city. JFC, I hope you're proud of 8 year old me ;)

Totes! :) Don't think I ever thought about it, it was just one of those things grown ups make you say.

constantgardener, I was a Kelpie. Always thought that was weird, looking back on it as kelpies are not pleasant spirits...

That was it! Who remembers what 'six' they were in? I was a Sprite. I never got to be Sixer though - obviously not considered leader material!

Me too! I was a Sixer though.

Do you remember this; Here we come, the sprightly Sprites, Brave and helpful like the knights!

Me too! I was a Sixer though.

Do you remember this; Here we come, the sprightly Sprites, Brave and helpful like the knights!

Don't remember that one at all! I do remember going on Pack Holiday and everyone had to be named after an insect for the duration. I got there late after all the butterflies etc had been taken and I ended up being an earwig for the weekend. Had to wear an earwig badge and everything. Scarred me for life.

Archived