IGNORED

Seppi Wedding

Nurse Jenna

A woman leading the men's choir? I guess the Seppis haven't been spending enough time at the BaylyBlog, because this kind of "feminization" of their church and rejection of God's created order will send them all straight to hell. Tim says so.

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2012/04/mighty-lord-extend-your-kingdom.html

With the last picture under the "Wedding Prep" post, is Greg's daughter the one with crutches? She looks quite...sullen. Then again, if my dad was marrying into that type of crazy, I'd look pissed too.

Can I just say this couple grosses me out. This all must be fucking traumatic for Greg's daughter. How close to Regina's age is she again? My heart goes out to her....

The Seppi's are new to me. Do we know how old Greg is? Why would a fundie family let their daughter marry a man so much older who has been married before (unless his wife died, but i'm not sure of the circumstances here). Anyone care to enlighten me?

The Seppi's are new to me. Do we know how old Greg is? Why would a fundie family let their daughter marry a man so much older who has been married before (unless his wife died, but i'm not sure of the circumstances here). Anyone care to enlighten me?

They were divorced, details were never revealed, but Old Man Seppi was good with it so I should think adultery. The daughter was stale dated.

Divorced and has a child -- that's a pretty steep challenge in the fundie world. Oh, and that unfortunate lump on his forehead -- it looks like it hurts. What could that possibly be? Other than that, he's a good looking guy, I think.

He's a fundy atny and also a John Bircher so he's a good catch for the woman. Who knows he may be able to knock her up before her womb closes.

riffles

Divorced and has a child -- that's a pretty steep challenge in the fundie world. Oh, and that unfortunate lump on his forehead -- it looks like it hurts. What could that possibly be? Other than that, he's a good looking guy, I think.

I don't know what it is, but it is always there, in every single picture. I am completely intrigued by this.

The bump it's kind of like when someone doesn't know they have something in their teeth...you can't help but look at it.

It should be a Seinfeld episode.

They were divorced, details were never revealed, but Old Man Seppi was good with it so I should think adultery. The daughter was stale dated.

What does stale dated mean? Please enlighten me.

What does stale dated mean? Please enlighten me.

She's been on the shelf to long, like Bodkin or a Maxwell. Her breeding years were limited.

thanks for the info. honestly, the bride does not look older than 30 or so to me--but i guess in fundy-dom this must be considered rather old to just be getting married for the first time

Every time I see photos from a Seppi family event, I want to adopt the old lady with the carefully made curls around her face as my nana. She looks really sweet.

You'd think that with the money they saved by having the wedding in their barn and not spending anything on decor/centerpieces that at least 1 of her 2 dresses would have fit her well and been stylish. The first is definitely from the 80s, I see dresses like that at the thrift store all the time. And the second one looks homemade and ill-fitting. She would have looked nice in a retro dress with a fitted waist and "poofier" skirt... Something to make her look like she had some shape. And those retro style dresses have things like sleeves and aren't too low cut, so no immodesty. Then again, these people are among the least stylish and with in I've seen on these blogs.

As for the head bump, my FH and his brothers have those. They are genetic. The two brothers went bald and had the bumps removed by a plastic surgeaon. FH has them but has managed to retain his hair (thank goodness!) and hopefully will not go bald anytime soon... but if he does off to the plastic surgeon we go!

I am going to guess that the gloved man has an allergy. I hate what these people stand for, but I would feel bad for him on the allergy level just a teency teency bit. Not much though, and perhaps it is G-d's wrath for having heinous beliefs. Years ago I worked as a teller and handling money caused me to be super sensitive to anything I touched. I wore gloves when it didn't look weird, but tolerated the pain when it would have seemed odd... apparently this dude does not have that same level of resolve :-)

You'd think that with the money they saved by having the wedding in their barn and not spending anything on decor/centerpieces that at least 1 of her 2 dresses would have fit her well and been stylish. The first is definitely from the 80s, I see dresses like that at the thrift store all the time. And the second one looks homemade and ill-fitting. She would have looked nice in a retro dress with a fitted waist and "poofier" skirt... Something to make her look like she had some shape. And those retro style dresses have things like sleeves and aren't too low cut, so no immodesty. Then again, these people are among the least stylish and with in I've seen on these blogs.

As for the head bump, my FH and his brothers have those. They are genetic. The two brothers went bald and had the bumps removed by a plastic surgeaon. FH has them but has managed to retain his hair (thank goodness!) and hopefully will not go bald anytime soon... but if he does off to the plastic surgeon we go!

I am going to guess that the gloved man has an allergy. I hate what these people stand for, but I would feel bad for him on the allergy level just a teency teency bit. Not much though, and perhaps it is G-d's wrath for having heinous beliefs. Years ago I worked as a teller and handling money caused me to be super sensitive to anything I touched. I wore gloves when it didn't look weird, but tolerated the pain when it would have seemed odd... apparently this dude does not have that same level of resolve :-)

An allergy to hay or something?(I kind of have that with hay,but I don't normally attend weddings in barns so maybe I would wear gloves at well. Of course I would wear elbow length gloves and a ball gown though,not those stupid things with a plaid shirt) I could see Steven being the allergy type, they seem like a frail couple. :violin:

Okay, I googled their names (Regina Seppi and Gregory Goehrig) and I *think* he's 36 and she's 28. Could be wrong...

There's a post on servenclan or srloomis where both Steven and Beckers have on white gloves at a dance. Granted, it's a "formal" dance" (in a church hall, IIRC, not a barn) and they're wearing formal clothing to match, but ... this is an engineer-dude who's deep into Dominionism. I can really see him wearing the gloves because (stated reason), "It's part of the dance tradition" and (real reason) "people will notice that I'm wearing gloves and they will think, 'Wow, he is different!'"

Remember: cute as those two gingers are, they are very very happy that 2 states now consider every post-ovulatory woman to be pregnant and that other states require trans-vaginal sonograms before abortions: those adorable [sic] Loomii are just as evilly inclined as are the unfortunate-looking Seppii.

Edited to aver that I am not condemning all engineer-dudes as being ... dorky or showoffy. Just that Steven's behavior is going to elicit the worse theory from me before the better theory.

Archived