IGNORED

Cracked: 5 Gender Stereotypes That Used To Be the Opposite

Glass Cowcatcher

As far as ungendered baby clothes go, thinkgeek.com has some, provided you don't mind a yellow onsie with a biohazard sign on it. :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they've been moving away from that, now that more contributors are female and some of the more chauvinist writers are getting called out in the comments. I know some articles have been written by women, and there was an article published recently called "5 Ways Modern Men are Trained to Hate Women" or something like that. That one was rather misguided and not taken very well by either side, though :?

I like Cracked's lists when they're not sprinkled with sexist jabs. I don't watch the videos much, though.

Yeah, I've been noticing a change too, lately. I've been reading Cracked for a couple of years, but had to stop some months ago because the sexism really got to me. I don't watch the videos either and usually steer clear of articles on sex/gender because blech.

A couple of years ago I wanted to get some newborn baby clothes for my friends who were expecting (and who did not find out the baby's sex) and it was SO hard to find neutral colours. Even plain white was only available for hats or socks.

It is hard to find neutral or even just not pink for a girl stuff. I'm expecting a girl and although I do know what it is I wanted to keep the pink to a minimum. However it's just been so difficult to find non-pink items that she has way more pink then I want for her. I also try to avoid the really air headed sounding sayings on things. I saw a onesie that said "I love to spend Daddy's money" it was for a newborn! And I haven't bought anything with princess on it yet but did get some as gifts. Since I'm not going to get rid of something I need just over a word I'm just going to use those items for around the house.

Archived