IGNORED

The end is nigh, apparently.

Sola

I want to come! I've never done all those things and want to be able to join the fun. Now, how do I get lordpuglover on board to knock me up just so that I can have an abortion? Silly man thinks that getting me pregnant in the first place isn't healthy for anyone but most of all me. :whistle:

Tell him not to be so silly as the coke you will be snorting off the hookers belly while he impregnates you will protect you from the ebil fetus of doom.

See, problem solved.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yawn, the first time I heard that the world was ending I was in 7th grade, now

I'm 69. The Mayans had to end their calendar at some point, so why not in Dec. 2012? My theory is that if there is a God, he'll keep humans around forever just for his amusement.

• 1 month later...

Bumping cos.... well I guess we all better get those bills paid. It's the 27th and we're all still here.

On Weinland's blog he put a post up yesterday backpeddling a little. http://ronaldweinland.com/?p=114

It will be interesting to see what he has to say over the next few days.

why oh why did I go swimming this morning?

if only I had known that the world was ending Id have pencilled in more debauchery

not carried on with my ultimately doomed fitness kick...

It's fuckin' RANT TIME!

Fuck him, and fuck all the lying prognosticators who claim to know the mind of God and wish for the world to end.

Let me tell you a story:

The Marianas Trench, located in the Pacific Ocean, is deeper than Mount Everest is tall. For the first time in over 50 years, a man – the first ever to have made the journey alone – braved the unrelenting pressure of these amazing depths so that he might take 3D photographs in the basement of the world. With help from National Geographic, which plans to collaborate on a documentary about the Marianas Trench, well-known producer James Cameron risked his own life to record a part of the Earth – our only home - few people will ever see.

And there, 3500 feet below sea level, Cameron found life – life growing on a surface as alien as the moon. He claims to have felt detached from the rest of humanity – and indeed, he was. No matter what happened above during his time in the trench, it was highly unlikely to affect him while he remained so deep.

This happened about a month ago. When the story began appearing on sites such as this ond, the comment sections were hijacked by a bunch of trolls who bitched about how unfair it was that an atheist should explore that trench; that such an amazing opportunity weren't left for a more 'gawd-fearing' man. Never-mind that Cameron and National Geographic bankrolled this, or that Cameron actually designed the sub he used to explore the trench: Someone else deserved it more because they are willing to mouth platitudes about God. (So much for the capitalism some of these whitewashed tombs idolize).

Granted, most of us to not have access to the same resources as Cameron does, but that should in no way diminish our curiosity or place severe limits around what we can do – e.g., buying a microscope set – to learn more about the natural world.

The natural world! The world we were allegedly given charge over, that we might work the land and be good stewards of its bounty.

I am of the minority opinion, here: I think people who believe in God should fear it – not because it's malign, but merely because it's omnipotent. Imagine a being – and of course the atheists believe that's really all we're doing – that could dismantle the Earth, atom by atom, so quickly that humanity has yet to develop a measure for such a short span of time; and then reassemble the planet and all its inhabitants mid-spin. Or, to bring it closer to home, imagine a scenario where you're looking out your front window when – BAM – it simply...changes locations. Right before your eyes, and for no earthly reason, this window has now moved to another wall.

The God Christians believe in can do these things, and they'd be mere parlor tricks for a creature that may look all the way back in time, and forward as well, only to meet itself there (as literally the Alpha and the Omega) – a being so ancient that our universe is merely one of many it has made; that it has already seen, more than once, the trillions upon trillions upon trillions of years it takes for a universe to die. And that it has seen many of these occurrences, perhaps, as some scientists believe, so that new universes might bud from the old.

Mark Whittle, a professor of cosmology at the University of Virginia, tried during one of his lectures to give students an idea of how big our existing universe is, and also to settle them on the idea of how quickly it's expanding -- literally falling outward as the result of dark matter's mysterious properties.

He told his students to imagine they were colossal giants, taking million light-year strides across the universe, hour by hour. According to him, no matter how far they walked at that speed, all they would find around them is a “mist of galaxies†with no end in sight.

He also said another thing: That our universe, at its youngest, was “ringing with sound†- actual sound “between a note and a noise†- loudly, but about 50 decibels below our range of hearing.

People who read the Bible both literally and figuratively might be wont to identify that sound – that single note, lasting 300 000 years – as a word. The Word that started it all.

That is the God of this world; of its deepest parts, where we were meant to explore and where life, improbable though it may seem, can thrive, having been given the necessary tools through 50 million years of adaptation.

The prophets of old were not fortune-tellers - at least not generally; they spoke not so much about the future but about the present age and the cruelty of it. They warned people to care for the weak, lest the strong be overcome by empires even stronger than their own. They warned the wealthy not to oppress the poor, lest the wealthy should be taken into captivity, as they were taken to Babylon while the poorest remained behind to till the land.

A modern prophet would never dare predict the end of this magnificent world - or, in the very least, he or she would never be so bold as to date it when the Bible is so clear on that very subject.

The world, yes this very one, and they'd see it destroyed over their petty, insignificant political squabbles.

Gnats! Liars!

This

why oh why did I go swimming this morning?

if only I had known that the world was ending Id have pencilled in more debauchery

not carried on with my ultimately doomed fitness kick...

I had kinky sex 2 nights ago, does that count? It was with my hubby, so that might cancel out the debauchery.

We still have time, it's only 12:30 EST.....are we using GMT or what?

Gonna go find a hooker, no blow I'm stuffy!

I used to register slight worry whenever someone would prophesy the end of the world on a certain date, but that's because Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows hadn't yet been released and I was scared I'd never know if all turned out well in the end in Harry's world. It's been out for five years now ( :shock: how is that possible!?!), so I don't worry any more. Bring it on, all ye doomsayers! :lol:

Did he mention a time and zone along with the date? It's past noon here in New England and still no signs of apocalypse. Urgh. Starting to wonder if I did all that cokenhookers last night for nothing.

Can "recreational abortionist" be a post number rank? I mean like: blanket trained, secretly a duggar, etc.?

Well, Dick Clark did die earlier this year. So maybe the end really is nigh, if he's not here to do the New Year's Rockin' Eve.

Can "recreational abortionist" be a post number rank? I mean like: blanket trained, secretly a duggar, etc.?

Seconded :lol:

The day after the end of the world, when the world is still going, has got to be embarrassing for people who make these bad predictions.

Well I checked his website earlier and he hasn't made a new post yet since the one on the 26th where he started doing a minor back peddle.

Hee! I knew about this and then totally forgot about it for the last week or so (busy). Just... how do these doomsday folks waste so much time WAITING, anyway? You'd think if the world were truly coming to an end, you'd be busy doing things you *really* wanted to do with no thought of having to be safe or save money, etc. And me? Guess I'll just be toodling along with no thought of approaching doom, living life as usual. Apparently, I have no talent as a doomsayer or believer.

It's hilarious really, he now has an over blown, very wordy and quite pathetic new post up which states that it will all happen NEXT Pentecost.

This was his second prediction, he's now onto his third. Anyone fancy sending him some tithes?

It's hilarious really, he now has an over blown, very wordy and quite pathetic new post up which states that it will all happen NEXT Pentecost.

This was his second prediction, he's now onto his third. Anyone fancy sending him some tithes?

How about some Spam (and maybe spam)? ;)

Archived