IGNORED

I’m going to... ultimately defeat feminism - Bria Crawford

Effie

This is a guest post over at integritasdomus. Bria often borrows other people's texts. (I'm not sure if she has a single original thought in her head.)

Anyway, the list is snark-worthy:

integritasdomus.blogspot.se/2012/04/guest-post-im-taking-over-world.html

* I’m going to change the perception of true womanhood.
What does that even mean? Is your womanhood a truer kind than mine? I don't know how old Olivia is, but Bria just turned 18. I think they are similar in age. This means they haven't been women for that long (I refer to girls under the age of 18 as girls, and not women). Still they seem destined to determine what it's like to be a true woman.

* I’m going to challenge, and ultimately defeat feminism.
Over my dead body, you will.

* I’m going to battle perverted misconceptions, namely true womanhood and motherhood.
There is no such thing as true womanhood or true motherhood.

* I’m going to turn the tide of narcissistic, humanistic and liberal garbage being passed off as education.
Instead you are going to pass off your dangerously limited knowledge as education?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a couple of twits. What these fundies refuse to acknowledge is, we ebil feminists have babies too. My daughter/son, I don't know which yet, will grow up to be an ebil feminist. Just like Mommy, Daddy, and the rest of the enlightened people in our families.

she does imply in red letters that it's all sarcasm

Warning, you should not use sarcasm without discretion or when under the influence of stressful family gatherings. This may lead to negative side effects including excommunication, extreme awkwardness and possible heated debates.

Number 7 is clearly sarcastic, but I don't think all of the points are. That's why I didn't make much of the red letters in the end. Many of these points seem to reflect what Bria and Kelly believe. In her sidebar it's written "Feminists ought to get a good whipping. Were woman to 'unsex' themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection." I don't know. Do you think all of the points are sarcastic?

I'm still not over this in her review of the movie Hugo:

Indecency: This was a wonderfully clean movie with two minor exceptions. An actress has a costume on and it exposes her legs a bit more than prefered but it's very brief and not too close up. And the second one even took me a minute to catch so I think it will go over 14 and under's heads. It was just a brief moment of mildly spoken innuendo and talk of infidelity. It's meant for light humor but still uncalled for. And as it's said with British accents, some might not even understand the words.

Oh snaps!

Number 7 is clearly sarcastic, but I don't think all of the points are. That's why I didn't make much of the red letters in the end. Many of these points seem to reflect what Bria and Kelly believe. In her sidebar it's written "Feminists ought to get a good whipping. Were woman to 'unsex' themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection." I don't know. Do you think all of the points are sarcastic?

what the fuck? :?

Guest Anonymous

Hell no, I think she's (lamentably) dead serious.

"Feminists ought to get a good whipping. Were woman to 'unsex' themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection."

Who is she quoting here, Rush Limbaugh? :lol:

Unfortunately, the only thing Bria Crawford is ever going to defeat is a pile of her future headship's dirty skivvies.

These fundie teens crack me up. At best, Bria is going to marry an asswipe like Josh Duggar and spend her life shitting out babies on the toilet between worrying about how to make a food stamp budget pay for velveeta for her chickenetti. That's the best case scenario, and her only real action, if you want to call it that, will be whining on the internet to like-minded idiots just like her mom does.

The worst case is that she ends up staying at home waiting for a Prince Charming that never comes and caring for her mother's ever-growing brood.

You have to *do* and *be* something to make any meaningful change, and she seems opposed to that.

holy mackerel. I didn't see that. I guess Kelly has succeeded in completely brainwashing/poisoning her. ugh. I was giving her the benefit of doubt, but clearly that was a misguided.

what the fuck? :?

She is quoting something Queen Victoria said. The entire quote is:

I am most anxious to enlist everyone who can speak or write to join in checking this mad, wicked folly of 'Women's Rights', with all its attendant horrors, on which her poor feeble sex is bent, forgetting every sense of womanly feelings and propriety. Feminists ought to get a good whipping. Were woman to 'unsex' themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection."

She uses the entire quote in her sidebar so I would suppose that she agrees with the points in her article.

Ghee...such strong language doesn't sound like good womaning to me. Doesn't she know that "to battle" anything and "taking over the world" are men's work :roll:

Have you seen the comments? Likely some of you wrote them. ;-) They're up at the moment.

Kathy said...

"“I’m going to change the perception of true womanhoodâ€

Bria, you have not been a woman for that long. A few months, perhaps? Why don't you wait and see what "womanhood" really means. I think you will find it comes in many shapes and sizes.

Your Sister in Christ,

Kathy

April 22, 2012 10:16 AM

Haakon said...

Dear Bria, the idea that a woman can "defeat" anything is feminist. The most things around you are in one way or another, feminist.

You can’t rely anymore on what everyone else tells you. You are 18! You need to start thinking for yourself - before it's too late. I would expect an 18-year-old to have at least a concept of critical thinking. Criticizing “the worldly ideas and opinions†is not what critical thinking is about. Critical thinking is the art of questioning everything – yes everything. This means you have to question why you believe like you do, and why you have certain opinions. It doesn’t mean you have to change your ideas or opinions. You just need to understand the alternatives to full. What I see now is someone who makes fun of things she has completely wrong ideas about. As an old retired teacher, this is quite tragic for me to see. What I see is a fine example of a woman who has not been encouraged to think for herself. I would expect a high level thinking for someone in your age. I’m disappointed to not even see a trace of that. Perhaps that’s something you can develop instead of obsessing over the length of women’s skirts (I read your review).

As a teacher, I would expect an 18-year-old to have at least one single original thought in her head. I would also expect her to have analytical skills – something which you sadly haven’t developed (yet). You have a very restricted reading list. You can only find wisdom if you step out of your comfort-zone. Read everything and anything, Bria! People in your age read Dostoevsky and Goffman. They read books which they do not necessarily agree with. They read because they want to learn about the alternatives. How can they choose what’s right for them, if they only know one perspective?

I have an assignment for you: go to the public library. Borrow books which are not found in the Christian section. You have read a lot, but clearly you have chosen the wrong books. Do not take the hardest yet. You are not ready for the big philosophical authors. Start with a book which you would completely disagree with. This is an easy assignment for you. I know you are very strong in your faith. Therefore you should find a book which questions your faith. I know you will be able to question a lot in this book. There is where your critical thinking starts. Take one of the more modern faith-questioning books. Read it through even if it upsets you. Read it and disagree with it. Read, disagree, read. If you want to become wise, you must read things you disagree with.

April 22, 2012 1:29 PM

Who is she quoting here, Rush Limbaugh? :lol:

Nope. Actually, I think she's sorta quoting RL Dabney - a 19th Century racist, woman-hating preacher who supported slavery. He was also a Calvinist, so of course his works are popular in Dominionist circles. [EDIT]

I mentioned Kelly Crawford's love of the man - along with her own view of "true womanhood" - here.

I'm not too worried about Bria "defeating" feminism. Despite her over-inflated ego, she lacks critical thinking skills and an education. As others have said, she'll end up wrangling a dozen kids and playing good little helpmeet to some fundie douchebag.

I love the responses to her article. Nice work, FJ!

Bria is one of my favourite fundiemaidens. When she writes, she tries so, so hard to sound edumacated... which, given Kelly's teaching, leads to some serious LOLs.

Bria is one of my favourite fundiemaidens. When she writes, she tries so, so hard to sound edumacated... which, given Kelly's teaching, leads to some serious LOLs.

Yep, the vapid apple did not fall far from the vapid tree.

Wow, she's such a tough and intelligent "true woman" that she deletes comments written by those who disagree with her! I guess "defeating feminism" is as easy as putting your fingers in your ears and saying, "La, la, la! I can't hear you!"

Archived