IGNORED

Ain't No Laundry Moutain High Enough

dairyfreelife

Really hard to say. My own husband did his own cooking, cleaning and laundry before we got married. As soon as we got married he just expected me to do everything. It was quite a bummer. It took some effort to get him on the right track again. If a wedding can do that to a guy's brain, I'm sure a baby could, too.

Good to know. After reading some of this stuff, I am going to make sure and have a long talk with any guy I might marry (or have a baby with).

My theory is that men are much more "primal" than women. I think they more easily slip into human animal mode. So when "their" woman makes a baby, they sometimes slip into a different mode. I could see that.

I have a question about guys like this. Were they mature, decent, loving men before the baby came, and just suddenly changed right after you gave birth?

Good for the co-workers of your ex! The baby doesnt' make these guys immature jack holes, they were that way to begin with. An asshole is an asshole is an asshole. Thank God I married a real man. The first trimester of my pregnancy I couldn't cook, grocery shop or clean the house and my husband did it all without complaining or thinking he was doing me a favor.

riffle

Sort of OT....my friend tells a "cute" story about how when she was a baby, her mother left her with her father for a few hours. During that time, my friend needed a diaper change. Rather than changing his kid's diaper, this guy left his daughter lying in her own shit and just kept putting blankets over her to block the smell. :shock: My friend's dad is quite proud of the fact that he had 4 kids and never changed a diaper. Classy.

I came home from the hospital after the birth of our first child to every dish he had used sitting in the sink, his dirty clothes tossed on the floor, and no new groceries having been bought. He got asked exactly what had happened to him while I was delivering his child and recovering. Yes, he got busy pretty quick. Second child, house was spotless when we got home.

I was in the hospital on bedrest for a month before having our second child via C-section. There were THREE capable adults in the house while I was gone, yet I still came home to laundry piled on the changing table. :evil:

Archived