IGNORED

ATI Big Sandy, TX Catches Fire

fundiefun

Now I'm REALLY worried about Jana possibly working at Gothard HQ.

Well, and you have to wonder what Sara Smith (the ex-fiance of Christopher Maxwell) has to endure -- she works for Gothard HQ. And she's pretty and dresses attractively, and she's single. Hmmm.

Headquarters has been suspiciously silent about this article. Normally there are several pro-Gothard folks who chime in to defend the toad but not so much on this link, at least not last time I checked the comments.

I wonder if they had heathen insurance on the building... if not, expect a big fundraising drive to prevent satan from derailing their cause!

Now I'm REALLY worried about Jana possibly working at Gothard HQ.

I have been concerned all along. I don't for a second believe that it is better than raising younger siblings.

I wonder if they had heathen insurance on the building... if not, expect a big fundraising drive to prevent satan from derailing their cause!

Maybe than scamaraton health "insurance" has a homeowners branch?! :ugeek:

If I still believed as they do, I know who I would be pointing fingers at right now after reading this: http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2012/04/ ... innocence/

Please don't get mad at me, but I wonder if she will leave ATI/Quiverfull once she realizes what Gothard's all about... *again, please don't hit me!* If this does happen, which I sincerely hope it doesn't, I wonder if Jim Boob and J'Chelle will disown their daughter and defend Gothard instead... This hypothetical situation makes me sick. I sincerely hope that this isn't the way that the Duggars' cultish ways will be exposed, by exploiting their own daughter to stay in the top of ATI/Gothard/Quiverfull royalty... Again, I'm completely sorry if I'm being an insensetive (sp?) ass.

IMHO, I don't think Billy will "bother" Jana. I think he realizes Jana/Boob's position in the cult. He's to much to loose. He will give his "attention" to Miss Nobody.

I had very little sleep this weekend and I'm headed to bed, but I glanced at the article. My bleary eyes first read "Investigators believe electrical wiring caused..." as "Investigators believe ethical wiring caused" :shock:

IMHO, I don't think Billy will "bother" Jana. I think he realizes Jana/Boob's position in the cult. He's to much to loose. He will give his "attention" to Miss Nobody.

Jana isn't going to be threatened by Bill, she's been around him her entire life. He's gonna hit on a noob who is in awe of his power.

Jana isn't going to be threatened by Bill, she's been around him her entire life. He's gonna hit on a noob who is in awe of his power.

However, the whole thing makes me sick.

This is an elderly never-married single adult dispensing marriage and family advice, and also apparently hitting up on the cute young women. Why does anyone listen to this obviously inexperienced man? Even though I loathe James Dobson as well, at least the guy was married and had kids, even if he did abuse his little dog Siggie (and probably his kids as well). I hope Siggie is waiting for him when he dies, so that he can take a piece of Dobson's hind end.)

Next comes locusts, frogs and boils. They better knock it off before their first borns start dropping like flies. Hear that, Joshie?

:laughing-rolling:

Shouldn't BRADRICK have rushed to the rescue here? You mean they couldn't assemble their posse fast enough to react?

Heh, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Does anyone else get irritated that the Salvation Army and other religious groups use military rank names within their hierarchy? It seems so disrespectful of those who really are in the military - no matter how low their rank may be.

I remember reading in a Reader's Digest about a woman whose husband had died and thought he was supposed to get miltiary honors for burial because he was a certain rank in the SA, not the real Army. It was in one of those "Life in the United States" pieces, or something. It was in a fairly recent issue - about a year or so ago. I just can find it to confirm, but I remember reading it and getting irritated. I think in the widow's case it was partially her age that had to do with the confusion, mixed with grief (I'm hoping she didn't really think he got military benefits just because he was some nominal rank in a religious institution/group!). It still irritates me, though.

She has a lot to loose if she speaks up.... Even if they got to meet more people, I doubt that the subject of harassment has ever gone up in conversation.

There had to be something wrong with a guy who's over 60 single and basing his ministry on how families are so important and being married, courtship, etc, while not applying any of those standards to himself.

I hope she will do well, and I wish we could send this testimony to the Duggars and it would reach her, but I,m sure it would just not reach her. :(

There was something I was reading one day about Gothard and hair... the girl in this particular story had horribly frizzy hair, and Gothard likes "soft curls". She lived at the Institute (I think) and there was one girl who had the hair. She dressed in SUPER short skirts and when the frizzy haired girl tried to warn her. the golden haired girl brushed her off. She didnt get in trouble for dressing immodestly and Gothard invited her to his office. The whole thing sounded squicky to me... only the girls with perfect hair were invited in and they didnt have to dress modestly. I will see if I can hunt the story down.

The earlier article reads "The ALERT Academy and Big Sandy fire departments are working a structure fire at the academy's convention center.", so that can be interpreted as ALERT has its own fire crew, but they weren't able to knock out the fire on their own and had to call in the professionals (Big Sandy FD).

I have to wonder now, was the wiring done by licensed electricians, or perhaps was done by Christians who knew something about eletrical wiring and were willing to work for free? Unskilled labor is cheaper than union work, but you get what you pay for.

They bought the site from a defunct college, I believe. Don't know what buildings were there and which have been built since though.

It was kind of funny to read both parts of that story as that's the way I've always seen Gothard since first hearing about him. He's always seemed a greasy, underhanded predator of sorts. There's a special place for people like him.

It was kind of funny to read both parts of that story as that's the way I've always seen Gothard since first hearing about him. He's always seemed a greasy, underhanded predator of sorts. There's a special place for people like him.

That place isn't quite hot enough for him yet...but if he were to stumble into my imaginary duck pit, I'm sure my imaginary ducks wouldn't mind a bit.

Archived