IGNORED

ATI Big Sandy, TX Catches Fire

fundiefun

Who was teh Sin in the Camp this time that the Good Lord was trying to torture to death in teh purifying fire?

Looks like it was just an ALERT building.

Why didn't the brave men of ALERT put it out? They are 'first responders' and had a whole crew of people there this time of year. Yet they still called the heathen fire department.

Why didn't the brave men of ALERT put it out? They are 'first responders' and had a whole crew of people there this time of year. Yet they still called the heathen fire department.

they were all hiding as far way as they could get cringing and praying to god.

Exactly. Why did they need to use the civil authorities?

Interesting, the article said it was the convention center. I wonder how much damage was done and if it will impact the annual ATI conference. Isn't that the big building that they gather the adults in for almost the whole time?

I wonder if the "Col. John Tanner" quoted in the article is a real Colonel, or just another fundie wannabe.

http://www.alertcadet.org/about/leadership/

Looks like a wannabe to me. Like a rank in the Salvation Army.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/02/0 ... with-guns-

He's mentioned in this article. Definitely a wannabe.

I'm thankful that there was any loss of life but how many burning bushes do they need to wake up and hear the still voice of God?

Im not surprised. Those folks think building codes are just suggestions. I believe the HQs in IL had several fires as well that were put out with much hush-hush to keep people from finding out.

Im not surprised. Those folks think building codes are just suggestions. I believe the HQs in IL had several fires as well that were put out with much hush-hush to keep people from finding out.

That's extremely disturbing knowing how many little kids go to these homeschooling conferences, where they are separated from their parents as well as from older siblings. And it's not as if these kids have been to public schools where they have regular fire drills. From what I've seen of ATI conferences on TV, the smallest children are placed together in a large room with teenaged girls acting as teachers. If, God forbid, the worst should happen, how would these girls round up all those little ones and get them out of the building quickly?

I'm thankful that there was any loss of life but how many burning bushes do they need to wake up and hear the still voice of God?

The only words directly these people here are the ones they want to hear. They say / do / think and then say it came from god.

If god actually sends them a message, they miss it entirely in their arrogance and ignorance.

Next comes locusts, frogs and boils. They better knock it off before their first borns start dropping like flies. Hear that, Joshie?

I wonder if they thought that God was punishing them because there might have been a sinner in the camp...

Shouldn't BRADRICK have rushed to the rescue here? You mean they couldn't assemble their posse fast enough to react?

That's extremely disturbing knowing how many little kids go to these homeschooling conferences, where they are separated from their parents as well as from older siblings. And it's not as if these kids have been to public schools where they have regular fire drills. From what I've seen of ATI conferences on TV, the smallest children are placed together in a large room with teenaged girls acting as teachers. If, God forbid, the worst should happen, how would these girls round up all those little ones and get them out of the building quickly?

I don't know. I really hope we don't learn the answer to that the hard way. :(

Next comes locusts, frogs and boils. They better knock it off before their first borns start dropping like flies. Hear that, Joshie?

That fat tool is ready to drop all by himself thanks to a heart attack or stroke brought on by his own dumb habits, no godly intervention needed -- not that there'll be any "G-d heeding" anyway, when it does happen. I've never seen anyone that young look that unhealthy by his/her own hand.

Archived