IGNORED

TLC ON THE JOURNEY!?!?

FJismyheadship

On the 19 KAC facebook page a girl is claiming to have gone on the Journey with Jana and that there will be an epi about it!

What do you think?

They might as well air the episode on ESPN, because they are going to have to perform editing gymnastics to make JTTH seem harmless.

They might as well air the episode on ESPN, because they are going to have to perform editing gymnastics to make JTTH seem harmless.

LOL! Best comment of the day!

Maybe tlc is ready to "handle" the Duggars the same way they did with Kate (+8) and let "it all hang out"...... :whistle: A more realistic potrayal will bring better rating than the sweet sugar now playing.

Has anyone on FJ been to Journey to the Heart? (sorry if this has been discussed before). Is it always a punishment or is it something some girls want to do? It sounds to me like non-stop praying, lectures, and "testimony" with maybe a little bit of arts and crafts thrown in.

Do they provide decent lodgings and food to the girls there? Do they force them to over-exert themselves physically or something else in order to "break" them?

Has anyone on FJ been to Journey to the Heart? (sorry if this has been discussed before). Is it always a punishment or is it something some girls want to do? It sounds to me like non-stop praying, lectures, and "testimony" with maybe a little bit of arts and crafts thrown in.

Do they provide decent lodgings and food to the girls there? Do they force them to over-exert themselves physically or something else in order to "break" them?

I seem to remember someone 'in the know' posting here about there being a lot of 'confession time' - emotional/spiritual abuse to break their spirits rather than physical exertion.

I seem to remember someone 'in the know' posting here about there being a lot of 'confession time' - emotional/spiritual abuse to break their spirits rather than physical exertion.

It sounds a lot like the Honor Academy's (associated with Teen Mania) ESOAL (it has a different moniker now, but I can't remember what it is called). At least JTTH doesn't make its participants roll down a vomit-covered hill, eat cat food, or wake up every thirty minutes during the night to dunk their heads in a bucket of ice water to draw closer to God.

ETA: ESOAL is now called the Pearl Life Transforming Event (LTE).

The training centers have a mandatory fasting day. I wouldn't be surprised if JTH does too. Poor Jana, SO MUCH PRESSURE on here, and now it's being filmed so he has to look perfect for the camera. Maybe they're filming her escape? I guess JB&M don't realize the answer to 'So what's your 22yr old child up to?' is to film them at a brainwashing camp. I hope this nukes the show, but apparently nothing can!

I asked the girl what Bill Gothard is like in person. Im kind of doubting her so I want to see her responce.

It will be easy for them to make it look good. There's stuff like tubing on the lake, spending "alone time in prayer," etc. For some of these girls it might actually BE a vacation compared to what they're used to. The stuff they won't show is the "feelings" the counselor gets that someone is "holding some sin back," or the "demonic attacks" on the "good work" they're doing. Since it involves the girls breaking down and confessing sin, naturally the cameras wouldn't be there for such private "prayer time."

Maybe they are just taping Jana starting her new "job". I doubt they would go into too much detail. TLC would want to explain her absence from future episodes if she is indeed working in Chicago. If editted correctly it will look like Jim Bob and Michelle are great parents, letting Jana go off and get a "career" as a counseler or whatever job title they will give her (instead of getting married). They might even say Jana took some colege minus psychology classes to be qualified. I think TLC knows they can't have the Duggars on much longer without someone leaving to be married, job, college.

Maybe they are just taping Jana starting her new "job". I doubt they would go into too much detail. TLC would want to explain her absence from future episodes if she is indeed working in Chicago. If editted correctly it will look like Jim Bob and Michelle are great parents, letting Jana go off and get a "career" as a counseler or whatever job title they will give her (instead of getting married). They might even say Jana took some colege minus psychology classes to be qualified. I think TLC knows they can't have the Duggars on much longer without someone leaving to be married, job, college.

I was just about to make a similar post. I'm sure it will be a "look, Jana's working!" episode. And, if she meets a suitable young man at Gothard HQ, they could finish the season with a wedding. Short engagements seem to be the norm for Gothardites, and the show isn't coming back till the fall- plenty of time to seal the deal.

If TLC were to sign a 2-year contract and start showing the truth, ratings would skyrocket.

There will still be Duggar defenders even if they showed the truth.

If people can defend Romney for the dog incident (and I have seen a lot of those... they scare me) then people can defend the Duggars for whatever could come out about them... Jinger could get knocked up out of wedlock and people would still talk about how godly that family is.

I'm afraid that is right. Some people get stuck with their original opinion and can never be swayed from it no matter what happens. There are also some people who seem to believe that if someone proclaims themselves Christian then they are automatically "good people."

Although at this point I'd rather watch a show that delved into what they really believe, highlighted Gothard's twisting of scripture, and gave a realistic view of the children's educational unattainments, etc, than another trip local or overseas.

I am getting the feeling that TLC actually supports the Duggar fundie patriarchal lifestyle. It seems like they are trying really hard to make the show work when they would normally drop dead weight like this. I used to think TLC was just greedy an exploitative, but now I think they're supportive of fundie-ism too. It's like they'll bend over backward for the Duggars, and they are slowly trying to pull more an more of their propaganda into the show.

I am getting the feeling that TLC actually supports the Duggar fundie patriarchal lifestyle. It seems like they are trying really hard to make the show work when they would normally drop dead weight like this. I used to think TLC was just greedy an exploitative, but now I think they're supportive of fundie-ism too. It's like they'll bend over backward for the Duggars, and they are slowly trying to pull more an more of their propaganda into the show.

That would explain all the "baby story" and "I didn't know I was pregnant!" shows. :roll:

I'm probably opening a Pandora's Box here -- I'm a law student, so I'm a busy little girl, and since I'm on break for three week, I want to spend it snarking with my new friends -- but what is Journey to the Heart? I really don't understand the concept. Other than it looks like a scary bible came, ie, Jesus Camp or Jesusland [book] but something tells me there is a lot more sinister going down there.

Also, wanted to register my DERP??? with this comment from Prisicilla - it's probably because I'm an evil Catholic that I don't understand it

“Lord, I know that love is not an emotion! Please show me what you are doing.†Jogging down the road, the Lord reminded me of the road He trod to Calvary. That was certainly not a road of emotion. He prayed three times that, if it was possible, to have this cup pass from Him. However, God so loved the world that He sent His only son to lay down His life for us. True, sincere love is not an emotion, but it is laying down your life. I needed to lay down my life, my plans, my future, my all so that together, we could go farther for God.

Love is not an emotion?? Really??

I'm probably opening a Pandora's Box here -- I'm a law student, so I'm a busy little girl, and since I'm on break for three week, I want to spend it snarking with my new friends -- but what is Journey to the Heart? I really don't understand the concept. Other than it looks like a scary bible came, ie, Jesus Camp or Jesusland [book] but something tells me there is a lot more sinister going down there.

Also, wanted to register my DERP??? with this comment from Prisicilla - it's probably because I'm an evil Catholic that I don't understand it

Love is not an emotion?? Really??

I guess she's trying to make the argument that love is an action? I've heard that said before, but mostly by people who are trying to encourage an active partnership between people in a relationship, and we know that's not what fundie marriages are about. In her case, it probably means, "It doesn't matter how I feel, as long as I think god wants me to be in this relationship and we make it look perfect to the rest of the world."

As far as JTTH, you can see a podcast here where the J'slaves and Priscilla talk about their experiences. I think Jana talks about how she was made to realize that she had feelings of resentment towards family members, and that she was being selfish in her actions. Considering how things work at the Duggar house, I think feelings of resentment would be natural enough, but they consider those feelings something that needs to be trained out of her.

If JTTH is shown on TLC, it will be so edited as to not show the truth. They will not mention Gothard, and they will edit out all but the most innocuous parts. They will make it look like a group of girls just having fun. Mark my words.

If JTTH is shown on TLC, it will be so edited as to not show the truth. They will not mention Gothard, and they will edit out all but the most innocuous parts. They will make it look like a group of girls just having fun. Mark my words.

I agree, this will happen. TLC had hidden details about Gothard and ATI in other episodes before.

Archived