IGNORED

Your day compared to the Duggars, Bates and Josh

homeschoolmomma1

My Thursday.

6.30 - alarm goes off, DH starts making lunches for the day while I make our bed and clean the bathroom (I do it every day so that it only takes a quick wipe over)

7.00 - oldest child is unpacking the dishwasher

7.15 - breakfast together as a family

7.30 - teeth are cleaned, hair is done, everyone gets dressed, dishwasher is repacked

8.00 - childrens beds have been made, we're all ready to leave the house

8.30 - everyone is at work or school, younger child is at a music lesson from 8.30 - 9.00 at school

4.00 - I drop our oldest child off to violin lessons, then band is in the same building until 5.30

5.00 - I drop the other child off to piano lessons and then go to the gym

5.30 - DH collects the children from music, they go home and do some chores, DH does some housework

6.00 - I get home, start making dinner and doing the laundry, DH goes to the gym

6.30 - clothes are ironed for the next day, children are doing homework

7.30 - DH is home, dishwasher is unpacked, everyone has dinner together then dishwasher is repacked

8.00 - children are bathed, teeth are cleaned, bedtime routine starts

9.00 - DH and I are both working from home. If I don't have much to do I get some housework done

10.30 - watch TV for a while, get online

11.30 - 12.00 - go to bed sometime.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4am - husband walks into bedroom, dog freaks out husband leaves to sleep in spare bedroom

515am- wake up, let dog out/leave door open ( dumb dog takes longer to get up then I do), load of laundry, shower, get dressed, hair/make up, FORCE dog to get up and go out side, feed/ water dog, check plants for new sprouts

650-leave for work, 17 miles away, sit in traffic, pay ridiculous tolls

720-put gas in car

740-work/pay bills

10- find out in laws are visiting TODAy!!!

12-take vacation time

1245-bank

1- grocery store

130- 4, clean 3 bath rooms, change sheets , two loads of laundry, vacuum whole house

5-help husband get dressed for professional dinner

530-go to home depot, buy more potting soil, stakes, pots, paint

600-dinner

615- paint stakes, water garden, check plants

7-in laws

710-get milk 4 tea for in-laws

730- load of'laundry

4:00 am: got up and got ready for work

4:30 am: left for work

4:45 am to 4:00 pm: work

4:00 pm to 5:00 pm: went grocery shopping

5:00 pm to 6:00 pm: made dinner for my son

6:00 pm to 6:30 pm: fed my son

6:30 pm to 8:00 pm: took my son on a walk and then played with him

8:00 pm to 8:20 pm: bathed my son

8:20 pm to 9:00 pm: fed my son, brushed his teeth, and put him to bed

9:00 pm to 9:15 pm: picked up my son's toys (yeah, at this point I still hadn't eaten dinner yet)

9:15 pm to 9:45 pm: eat dinner

9:45 pm to 10:00 pm: get ready for bed

10:00 pm: go to sleep

4:00 am: start over again

7:30: Get up, make breakfast

8:30: Take shower

8:50: Make coffee, start on my paper for the day

12:00: Watch Bear Grylls survive in the wild, make some veggies to go with leftovers

1:30: left for class and print said paper

2:00: print paper, say hi to friends

2:30: attend conference (boring) give out paper (got a 100%!), ask a question, learn about more work we have to do coz you know we ain't getting no break

4:00 end of conference, heading out to have a drink with friend

8:00 home, drinking tea, chilling

10:00: prepare for bed, take care of cat (food, water)

Up at 5:30- stagger into scrubs, drag self outside with the dogs, shuffle back into the house, pull hair back, gather books, and get to bus stop. Rode the bus to the train station, boarded the train, rode the train for forty five minutes. Arrived at school by 7:15. Sat through lecture, then went to lab. After lab change into regular clothes, call husband for a pickup from the train station. Get home by 1. Do homework and arrange slides for an hour, and then shower and get ready for work. Dogs go out again at 2, and then leave for work by three. Out by eleven,puppies have been out for a thirty minute walk, and now I'm in bed with a horror movie on the TV, and a glass of wine in my hot little hand.

I woke up at 6:30-ish, woke up my three schoolchildren, and went back to sleep for another hour while they showered and dressed and brushed teeth and made beds and bickered with each other. Then I got up at 7:30, said morning prayers, did NOT get dressed because no one was going to see my grungy sweats anyway. I helped my daughter finish her slumber party invitations, made sure my middle son had his homework, made my daughter put leggings under her shorts, argued over whether my son needs a sweatshirt, started laundry, etc. I got the two youngest up and put them in the car in their jammies so we could drive the others to school. They eat breakfast there because, according to Mike Huckabee, I am a lazy bitch.

When we came home, I dressed the 4 yo and 18 mo, then fed them cereal and checked FB, freejinger and my classes while they ate. After they finished breakfast, I added their dishes to the growing pile on the counter. I spent about 1 1/2 hours in online discussion groups for school while my 4 yo watched the same Youtube video over and over and my baby took all the tupperware and pots out of the cupboards and all of the DVDs and movies out of the shelves.

I gave the little ones apple slices and peanut butter and considered putting back the stuff the baby dragged out, but decided against it. I took the kids outside to play and tried to read my abnormal psych book while they did. Our backyard is part of a large common space, and my neighbors have ill-behaved dogs, so I did not read much, if anything. When we came in, I switched over laundry and put last night's chicken carcass into a pot to boil with vegetables and spices. Then I called a government social services agency to see why it takes 4 months to process a children's medicaid renewal, and tried not to be homicidal when the answer was not satisfactory. At this point it was lunch time, so I made grilled cheese sandwiches and fed them to the little ones with carrots and oranges on the side.

I laid the baby down and got online to work on an assignment. I received an email that the instructor postponed the due date for three days and thought, "Fuck this!" I switched to some writing work while my daughter colored and then folded origami paper into interesting little shapes so she could make me guess what they were. I finished about two hours of work when the baby woke up. I realized that my husband would be home from a 3 day trip in a few hours and that I had not really cleaned while he was gone, so I ran around like a crazy person and picked up, did the dishes, vacuumed, swept and mopped the floor, and did yet more laundry. My older 3 arrived home and I told them to clean their bedrooms, which made my seven year old start wailing dramatically about how he has to do *everything*. Once he stopped wailing, it took about 20 minutes to do the job he protested so strenuously. I hope he feels a little foolish because he certainly acted foolishly. The oldest took off for a soccer match with friends. I made 9 yo and 7 yo read for 20 minutes, then practice violin, then do their math workbooks for a while while I worked. I finished about another hour of work. I strained the broth and added chicken soup stuff and my husband got home.

I threw together some biscuit dough and popped it in the oven, then double-checked the school's website to make sure nothing else is due today. We ate dinner, and then I let my husband hang with the kids while I got another two hours of writing done. It is now nine and I have to get the kids in bed and then do another 3 hours of writing. I also need to fold today's laundry and put it away, and if I was a submissive wife I would wash the dinner dishes instead of letting my husband do them (fat chance!). I got a lot accomplished today, but it was about half of what I needed to do. So I am beginning tomorrow very behind, but I am pretty used to it.

Gosh Emmiedahl, just reading about your day exhausts me! :)

Well, it is mainly the kid stuff that causes so much running around and craziness. Unlike Michelle, I firmly grasp the idea that I have to take care of my own offspring. :dance:

Up at 7am with and oldest son when dh goes to work

Son makes coffee (mine sucks) and starts his school(homeschooled)

Son does school while I check FB,FJ, etc...

run to post office to mail something for an FJ'er

other 2 kids wake up breakfast and dog walking

more school for everyone mostly outside

shower and sit in sun/read

walk dogs

we had a fieldtrip to a holistic vet today so we were gone from 11:30-4(eat whatever packed granola bars etc...)

stopped at Target on way home to grab a few things to come up with a fast dinner as no time to make what I planned

make dinner

husband brings the tres leche cake I ordered home from bakery

leave with oldest for fencing at 5:20

while son fences, I run errands,come back to discuss tournament with coach and the 3 fencers I am driving 2 hours away this weekend.

fencing over at 9:30 tonight so we get home around 10.

Get kids snacks,dogs walked,kids in bed

Its 12:30 and I did not take benadryl for the first time in months so sleep is hours away....

I got up at 5. That's when the hubby gets up for work. I fix him breakfast if he wants ( didn't want it today, doughnut day at work, lol)

Went back to bed when he left. Watched the 2nd rerun epi LPBW. Tried to watch the Duggars reruns but fell asleep.

Woke again around 8ish. Put the dogs out in their runs, fed them. Fed the horses. Cleaned tthe birds cage. Ate a banana.

Ran a load of laundry. Unloaded a bunch of wood scraps from my truck. Stacked them with more tornado debris and burned it.

Normally I would have cooked, but we had leftovers for dinner, so I didn't have to.

Went with my son and one of his buddies to a nearby lake to try to recover theIr sunken Jon Boat. No luck, lakes too high right now.

Checked in here on my phone several times today, as well as a couple other sites......

Somewhere in there I had lunch-cereal.

Husband came home. Had leftovers with him. Brought dogs in. Fed horses, topped their water and filled birdbaths in the yard.

Checked on the debris I burned 1 last time. Showered now I'm lying in bed.

Another lazy day here!

Woke up at 6, finished a paper on global perspectives on bullying and emailed it in.

Showered, dressed, ate breakfast.

Went to dance class, then made a few edits to the studio website (I'm their webmaster).

Ate lunch, went to work, worked a closing shift.

Got home at 10 pm, and am enjoying a well-earned Stella, with a Friends DVD on the ebil talking box.

Let's see - grad school, defrauding leotards, women working outside the home (with teh gays), and booze! And that thing Ross did with the copy girl was some major sin in the camp.

Woke up LATE (hey, it's my day off from work). I guess Smuggar and I are alike after-all. ;)

Surfed the web.

Got up and made some yummy eggs.

Took a shower & got dressed.

Checked the mail. Yay, got my mp3 player in the mail!

Drove to JC Penneys.

Went shopping for some cute clothes.

Also went grocery shopping for VEGETABLES. Smuggar probably wouldn't eat the food I bought at the store.

Drove back home.

Opened said Mp3 player and charged it on my laptop.

Uploaded some non-fundie approved music on it.

Went online and paid some bills. Checked my email.

Called my boyfriend.

Worked out in a tank top and yoga pants on my treadmill for 45 minutes. Very defrauding.

Studied for my Tort Concepts exam.

Made lunch for tomorrow.

BED.

Woke up late, forgot about meeting this morning and hit the snooze one too many times.

Showered, got dressed, grabbed yogurt and pear to-go. Got out of apartment in record time, but without coffee.

Walked to subway station. Realized I forgot my wallet. Swore out loud. RAN back to my apartment.

Fixed hair, ate breakfast and put on make-up while on the train.

Met with master's advisor. Was advised, vented (maybe almost cried a little), bitched about the Mets.

Finally got coffee. Got back on the subway.

Got to work. Pre- K. Name writing. Circle time. Behavior problems. Center time. Name calling. Read aloud. Playground. Split lip. Trip to nurse and phone call to parent. Snack. Circle time, the sequel. First group home. Chat with parents about behavior problems.

Lunch break. Ran copies. Filled out paperwork. Die-cut letters. Answered e-mails. Run out for emanadas and iced coffee. Promise to start eating better. Ate lunch standing up.

Second group of Pre-K. Name writing. Name calling. Circle time. Playground. Crowd control. Behavior problems. Snack. Read aloud. Helped five year old change out of seriously poopy undies. Moved student from my "worried" list to my "concerned" list. Center time. Circle time 2. Adios Pre-K group two!

Hello pre-schoolers! Or the ones held captive between 4 and 6:30 after a full day of school because their parents pay for extended hours so they don't have to hire a nanny. Snack. Stories. Group potty break. Herding cats. Coloring. More stories. Chat with parents. Clean classroom.

Walk home. Text flirt with guy I met in a bar over the weekend. Wonder he's as cute as I remember.

Make dinner for myself. Have a Corona. Wonder why my roommates never do the dishes. Dance and sing around the kitchen...Lady Gaga, Jay-Z, Rihanna, Elton John, the Clash...

Eat. Watch a couple episodes of 30 Rock. Decide I am turning into Liz Lemon and that I should date more.

Fall asleep in contacts and work clothes. Wake up to roommate coming home, after midnight like a normal, single, city dwelling 20-something.

Change into pjs, and glasses.

Check out Free Jinger.

Let's see...single woman, huge, flaming liberal city, consuming alcohol, impure thoughts about a man, higher education,Tina Fey, pop music, dancing! I don't think my lifestyle is Duggar approved. That's okay, Smuggar or Michelle would crumble after a few hours of real work anyway. I think my life would be a super-vacation for those poor older girls though. I do NOT condone underage drinking, but would hand any of those girls a beer in a heartbeat, if anyone could use a drink it would be them!

I got up around 08h30, got breakfast, sent my kid to the neighbour's house so I could get some school work done (which really means I glanced at the online discussion, panicked about all of my upcoming assignments, and played Facebook games), had a friend come over for some drinks, got a bit tipsy, took my kid to the park (tipsy had worn off), came home, made dinner, and am now watching Scooby Doo. Tonight I will be watching S01E10 of Game of Thrones and possibly thinking of doing more school work.

Do I win?

Maybe.

Today my day is much more like Smuggar's.

Got up at 9.15, drank coffee provided by my headship. Floated around in my pj's til 11am. Got dressed, came online, answered a few emails, did a bit of knitting, ate breakfast and surveyed the tip around me.

And that's it, so far. The cats are giving me the evils because I haven't fed them yet. The breakfast dishes are still unwashed, the beds are unmade. However it is Saturday and I care not!

Day starts at 6:30. I wake the kids, make breakfast, pack a lunch for my daughter, drop the kids off at school, come home to eat and get dressed, go workout, went to a few yard sales, got lunch, volunteered at my daughters school, cleaned the house, picked my daughter up from school, ran to my dh's work, sat at a cookie booth for Girl Scouts for 4 hours, went out for pizza with part of the troop, came home and examined my sons face after getting hit by a baseball at practice, went to bed.

Pretty boring life and I LOVE it.

Up at 6, read a novel for an hour, then breakfast with my grandparents.

1 hour of playing the Sims 3.

Shower, more coffee, then 45min drive home.

Quickly run inside the house and grab my friend's b'day present,

and drive over to her house.

Train to the city, shopping, lunch, movie and a trip down to the beach.

Train home and by now it's 9.30pm, watch a bit of TV and have a snack at my friend's place,

and drive back home.

Sitting in bed checking the internet :)

Admittedly not much of a hard-working day, but a fun day and an excuse to spoil my best friend for her 21st.

I find it interesting that nearly everyone at FJ starts their day at 7 am or early (with a majority starting 6 am or earlier). What time do the Duggars finally roll out of bed? Wasn't it like 9 or 10 am? I remember all of them bitching about how early they had to get up to go visit that public elementary school. I wish I could live my life on Duggar time. It would certainly be easier than dragging my ass out of bed at 4 am to go to work.

Woke up at 6 to shower.

Wake brother up at 6:30.

7:00 eat cereal

7:15-7:30 Go to dump

7:30-11:00 Water plants, feed animals, clean house

11:00-12:00 Read

12:00-12:30 Greet parents back from hospital

12:30-1:00 Lunch

1:00-4:00 Work on paper for class

4:00-7:00 Gym

7:00-10:00 Reading/TV

10:00 Bed

I find it interesting that nearly everyone at FJ starts their day at 7 am or early (with a majority starting 6 am or earlier). What time do the Duggars finally roll out of bed? Wasn't it like 9 or 10 am? I remember all of them bitching about how early they had to get up to go visit that public elementary school. I wish I could live my life on Duggar time. It would certainly be easier than dragging my ass out of bed at 4 am to go to work.

I noticed that too.

At almost 8:30 am I am in a vertical and upright position. I will soon be balancing my check book and moving out to the world. I will acquire numerous flower starts for my garden, tonic and lime to go with my gin, a large piece of dead beast and charcoal on which to cook it. With temps approaching 75, my day will be spent gardening, topless. No sense exposing the BB to the higher temps, it will just go limp :lol:

At almost 8:30 am I am in a vertical and upright position. I will soon be balancing my check book and moving out to the world. I will acquire numerous flower starts for my garden, tonic and lime to go with my gin, a large piece of dead beast and charcoal on which to cook it. With temps approaching 75, my day will be spent gardening, topless. No sense exposing the BB to the higher temps, it will just go limp :lol:

This made me actually giggle out loud. :D

Yesterday (Friday)

7am got up, ate breakfast and read the paper

7:45 Walked to work (at the local public high school

7:55 Checked e-mail and learning platform (it takes me less than 10 minutes to walk to work :D )

8:30 Got on bus for field trip (with female colleague)

At field trip locations all day (Among other things we saw a movie about a woman who had a child out of wedlock *shock* *horror*)

4:30-9pm Paid bills. Did my taxes (I'm not in the US so I am not late :) ) Called my grandmother. Made dinner. Watched tv. Played on the computer. Went to bed.

Today (Saturday)

7 am woke up for some ungodly reason.

8-11am loafed around reading the paper, eating breakfast, playing on the computer.

11am-1pm: Post-office, bookstore, grocery store (WALKED to all these locations by the way)

1pm ate lunch

2-6pm (aka now) loafed around watching the dressage, playing on the computer, reading.

Do I win? :mrgreen:

Archived