IGNORED

Duggars are going to be at ATI camp on Tuesday

ErinIsSik

If they paid regular fees it would cost them $100 + $50 for every child in COMMIT('ladies 12-15'), Pre-EXCEL (Girls 8-11) or Children's Institute (4-7 yo's) and $70 of every one participating in EXCEL ("men' 8-17). I'm pretty sure that, since they are spreading the good news of Gothard, they don't pay a red cent.

Bloody expensive for the average ATI family, especially considering it's compulsory and that that price doesn't include fuel or accommodation.

If they paid regular fees it would cost them $100 + $50 for every child in COMMIT('ladies 12-15'), Pre-EXCEL (Girls 8-11) or Children's Institute (4-7 yo's) and $70 of every one participating in EXCEL ("men' 8-17). I'm pretty sure that, since they are spreading the good news of Gothard, they don't pay a red cent.

Bloody expensive for the average ATI family, especially considering it's compulsory and that that price doesn't include fuel or accommodation.

What I find absolutely appalling is I imagine for the vast majority of ATI families this ends up being SO expensive it takes absolutely every not-extra penny they have in order to go to this that it becomes their annual "vacation." Even if a family "only" has 5 kids, yet they're all boys between the ages of 8-17, that's $450 JUST TO WALK IN THE DOOR!

I'm not gonna figure out how much it'd be for the Bates' to attend if they had to pay - "no, horses, you still don't get to eat today, one more of our blessings is of the age to pay, so it's important you sacrifice your daily not-enough-calories ration of food. It's ok, tho, because God will bless you with another blessing of your own, though, so we're really just helping you become more blessed. Isn't that WONDERFUL?! Oh, isn't it such a blessing to you that God saw fit to give you to a family as godly as ours?" :shock:

What I find absolutely appalling is I imagine for the vast majority of ATI families this ends up being SO expensive it takes absolutely every not-extra penny they have in order to go to this that it becomes their annual "vacation." Even if a family "only" has 5 kids, yet they're all boys between the ages of 8-17, that's $450 JUST TO WALK IN THE DOOR!

I'm not gonna figure out how much it'd be for the Bates' to attend if they had to pay - "no, horses, you still don't get to eat today, one more of our blessings is of the age to pay, so it's important you sacrifice your daily not-enough-calories ration of food. It's ok, tho, because God will bless you with another blessing of your own, though, so we're really just helping you become more blessed. Isn't that WONDERFUL?! Oh, isn't it such a blessing to you that God saw fit to give you to a family as godly as ours?" :shock:

When my family was in ATI, and lived on the West Coast (this was before they did the regional conferences and just had the annual one in Knoxville), we only went twice in 8 years. It's not actually mandatory, I think; just highly recommended. Although we all know the slippery slope in fundamentalism from "recommended" to "required" and from "unwise" to "sinful."

So the Duggars are cheaper this year. A lot of the kids are getting older. I did the math and this is what I came up with. If I made a math mistake- I am sorry. Math was never my stong suit ;)

okay if Jim Bob and Michelle went with the 18 "kids"

Children's Institute (ages 4-7) $50 Duggars X 3= 150

Pre-Excel (girls, ages 8-11) $50 - None this year

COMMIT (young ladies, ages 12-15, includes Student Sessions) $50 Duggar X 1 = $50

ALERT Cadet Challenge (young men, ages 8-17) $70 X 7 = $490.00

Since we know the Duggars are an ATI family and will not pay at the door it is $100 dollars for ATI family

I also figure the Duggars will sleep in the Bus.

I also know they would not use meal tickets (although I don't know)

Grand Total- $790

Just for fun if Josh, Anna and the kids went

Family- $100 dollars

Meal Ticket (yes I bet he would buy them) 9 meals- Adult $76.50 x 2 =$153.00

HE lucks out because he does not have to buy meals for the kids yet since they are 2 and under they are free.

grand total $253.00

This does not include gas and misc.

There is a campground fee also I think. I wonder if they have to pay extra for the bus.

What answers could they possibly give to girls with serious problems??? They have no life experiences to speak of and none of them has a specialized degree in counseling (there are some situations that are brought up that could require professional advice).

probably the same blabla the Botkin sisters are writing/talking/blogging about all the time.. in the end it is going to be BooB that writes down the correct answers and they will repeat them and smile nicely.

There is a campground fee also I think. I wonder if they have to pay extra for the bus.

i hope they do. i hope there is an extra fee for having a bus instead of camping. i love it when the man sticks it to jim bob and he can't weasel out a smaller price. "if we park by the edge that cliff there backwards and only use the passenger side to exit, can we park for half-price?

I think these "serious" questions would be serious in terms of their big fans: questions on how to be good buddies, good big sisters, not have resentment, courtship, "studies" etc.

I'm also seriously hoping that "thousands of questions" mean only a few girls wrote/emailed them asking lots of questions each and not that they are really asked for advice from so many different girls.

What I find absolutely appalling is I imagine for the vast majority of ATI families this ends up being SO expensive it takes absolutely every not-extra penny they have in order to go to this that it becomes their annual "vacation."

2 ATI families that I know well used to do just that. It was bad enough for the one family, in which the father actually had a good income. The 2nd family never even had enough money to keep their old car repaired and going. It was sad.

At least there was some good news - only 4 kids in the first family, 3 in the second.

It's several years later. The kids in the 2nd family are TOTALLY out of ATI anything.

We will see about the kids from the first family - they are teens now. The family is much more moderate now (more "fundie-lite).

Are they filming this AGAIN? Haven't we all seen by now that the Duggars aren't really that 'welcome' (if you look at the faces when J/M are speaking and all those boys in untucked shirts are on stage no one in the audience looks "thrilled'. All the girls do is ride herd over little kids and pretend to teach something. This is not news.

Now, Jim-Bob and Michelle standing up and saying "We've thought it over and this was the biggest waste of money ever...." that WOULD be news!

I find it odd that in the brochure ati.iblp.org/ati/events/regionalconferences/documents/2012conferenceguide.pdf?show=true

that there is not a single married woman's photo without her husband right next to her. And the only women (girls) in the brochure are the Duggar girls, and 2 others all talking about relationships or SAHD stuff. Yet, there are dozens of nearly identical looking old white creepy men on the brochure. And the only non-white faces are the slightly brown Peruvian kids that are being "saved" by the Gothardites.

I wonder what Embassy University is. Apparently its a revolutionary way to get the best college education in the world. And you can start when you're 12!!! Why am I bothering with this silly masters degree at a public university (for which I should be writing papers, but am snarking on Free Jinger instead :oops: ) when I can get THE BEST education that the world has to offer via Embassy U?! I bet it only takes an hour a week and I never have to leave the house too.

And the only non-white faces are the slightly brown Peruvian kids that are being "saved" by the Gothardites.

I noticed that the auditorium shots are filled with row after row of white people.

You can't write off homeschool expenses. Believe me, I've tried.

Nope, you can't...it freaking sucks!

Big Sandy is not that far from me....how can I scale the wall and get a Cosmo magazine and a hair straightener to Jinger ?

Archived