IGNORED

Duggars are going to be at ATI camp on Tuesday

ErinIsSik

I can't get too into detail about all the details of how this came about, but my husband had to go to ALERT Academy today. He found out the Duggars are due to show up for "an annual ATI meeting" on Tuesday, but just because they are signed up doesn't guarantee that they will show up. Would this be the week long camp thing they do in Big Sandy? Me and the husband were also invited to sign up, which obviously won't be happening....

The annual conference in Big Sandy is April 24 to 27. The Duggars usually attend and TLC has filmed snippets before. Don't want to go be on the look out for them?

Yah, if the Duggars do show up I'm sure there will be a camera there, especially if the Bates are also in house. The person he was speaking with couldn't confirm for security reasons, I imagine. He called while still on the property to tell me how creepy it was, he doesn't know much about fundies. "Erin.... everyone is wearing skirts, and the guys are wearing fatigue pants and these shirts that say ATI...they're ALL wearing them Erin, it's weird." I couldn't help but giggle.

Yah, if the Duggars do show up I'm sure there will be a camera there, especially if the Bates are also in house. The person he was speaking with couldn't confirm for security reasons, I imagine. He called while still on the property to tell me how creepy it was, he doesn't know much about fundies. "Erin.... everyone is wearing skirts, and the guys are wearing fatigue pants and these shirts that say ATI...they're ALL wearing them Erin, it's weird." I couldn't help but giggle.

Security reasons? What, someones gonna come glitter bomb them?

That would be epicly funny. I'm telling y'all, when the Duggars are in town the ALERT people go bat shit. Everything goes on lockdown and they have guards like....everywhere. I'm sure they thing the ebil atheists are gonna come try to get the Duggars or something :roll:

Interesting that the ATI Homeschool Conference website isn't posting a list of speakers for each conference site as they've done in years past. Both Boob/Mullet and Gil Bates have spoken at these things (and I think the Bateses have been to Big Sandy since Gil started speaking - free ticket).

There is a list. I'm digging it up now...

ETA: Here you go

ati.iblp.org/ati/events/regionalconferences/documents/2012conferenceguide.pdf?show=true

I already snarked on it in the FB group Many disturbing tidbits, as always.

Am I the only one who thinks it's ironic that you can pay by credit card?

There is a list. I'm digging it up now...

ETA: Here you go

ati.iblp.org/ati/events/regionalconferences/documents/2012conferenceguide.pdf?show=true

I already snarked on it in the FB group Many disturbing tidbits, as always.

Nice catch! :lol:

Choose Wise Teachers for Your Youth

The father is responsible to personally check out every

teacher who influences the hearts and minds of his sons

and daughters. (See Galatians 4:1–2.) This is hardly possible

by sending them off to a college. Chris Hogan will explain

the steps he is taking to maintain open communication

with his children. (Speaking live at all conferences!)

Here we go with the no college theme again.

I'd noticed the credit card for the Journey to the Heart also. Bill, Bill, Bill have you no sense of hypocrisy?

Interesting that the ATI Homeschool Conference website isn't posting a list of speakers for each conference site as they've done in years past. Both Boob/Mullet and Gil Bates have spoken at these things (and I think the Bateses have been to Big Sandy since Gil started speaking - free ticket).

While I'm not dyslexic (normally), for some reason I read this as "Bill Gates", and was all "WTF!?!?!! Why the hell have I not heard about this before?!?!" :lol:

And yet, they don't believe in credit... okay, I know, they could have a credit/debit card that is connected to their checking account, but I'm a little stabby today so, yeah. Don't go into debt just to go to a Fundie Function! Mwahahahahaha

Ah, didn't hit up the registration link.

Boob and Mullet aren't getting paid, so I guess they're taking this year off, ostensibly to let the Bateses get the spotlight before their show starts.

But, lookie who IS speaking:

Duggar Sisters: Vital Questions Girls Ask

Because of the international attention that

is being given to the Duggar family, the four

oldest daughters receive thousands of questions

from girls who have serious problems

and want practical answers. Jana, Jill, Jessa, and

Jinger will select key questions and give precise

Biblical principles.

So, I guess Gothard shuts down HQ during the conferences since he speaks at all of them. Whether Jana goes back to Illinois is still topmost in my mind; I'm pretty convinced that she's under his servitude (like he pays those kids? suuuure) now.

Guest Anonymous

I'd noticed the credit card for the Journey to the Heart also. Bill, Bill, Bill have you no sense of hypocrisy?

Not as long as the cardholder is solvent.

Ah, didn't hit up the registration link.

Boob and Mullet aren't getting paid, so I guess they're taking this year off, ostensibly to let the Bateses get the spotlight before their show starts.

But, lookie who IS speaking:

Duggar Sisters: Vital Questions Girls Ask

Because of the international attention that

is being given to the Duggar family, the four

oldest daughters receive thousands of questions

from girls who have serious problems

and want practical answers. Jana, Jill, Jessa, and

Jinger will select key questions and give precise

Biblical principles.

So, I guess Gothard shuts down HQ during the conferences since he speaks at all of them. Whether Jana goes back to Illinois is still topmost in my mind; I'm pretty convinced that she's under his servitude (like he pays those kids? suuuure) now.

What answers could they possibly give to girls with serious problems??? They have no life experiences to speak of and none of them has a specialized degree in counseling (there are some situations that are brought up that could require professional advice).

Heaven forbid kids be exposed to multiple views of the world to help shape their understanding of politics, culture, ect. If they really hate college so much then they really shouldn't take advantage of the services offered by those who choose to attend college. Next time they are having a heart attack perhaps they should just chill and figure it out themselves instead of going to a cardiologist who exposed themselves to the wrong kind of influential teachers to become a cardiologist. :roll:

While I'm not dyslexic (normally), for some reason I read this as "Bill Gates", and was all "WTF!?!?!! Why the hell have I not heard about this before?!?!" :lol:

LOL, on one episode Gil Bates compared himself to Bill Gates and said, "I'm richer than him because I have all this great family" or something to that effect. He was talking to Jim Bob.

Heaven forbid kids be exposed to multiple views of the world to help shape their understanding of politics, culture, ect. If they really hate college so much then they really shouldn't take advantage of the services offered by those who choose to attend college. Next time they are having a heart attack perhaps they should just chill and figure it out themselves instead of going to a cardiologist who exposed themselves to the wrong kind of influential teachers to become a cardiologist. :roll:

very well put! I've been trying to articulate that thought and couldn't do a better job.

They shouldn't use electricity, airplanes, automobiles, fuel for cars, and should go back to weaving their own cloth and churning their own butter.

Of course the duggars will write this off as a homeschooling expense.

You can't write off homeschool expenses. Believe me, I've tried.

They could do a pop-up!

"It would take 5 LGBT activists carrying 3 lbs of glitter each to successfully glitter bomb all of the Duggars."

Did anyone figure out the cost? I would love to know how much the Duggars and Bates pay for this conference.

Archived