IGNORED

Why Christianity makes no sense

Ralar

There is the concept though that original sin is a construct of man. Our church doesn't believe in or teach original sin. ;)

It's funny how for many years I accepted this stuff. I listened to every fluffy piece of info about salvation and God's love.

Now I see in Christianity exactly what I see in this thread. It makes no sense to me and all of the flowery talk doesn't erase that feeling.

I don't mean to offend any Christians here. If you believe that and it makes you happy, then I'm truly happy for you.

No offense meant to anyone who gets comfort from their faith. I understand that religion is needed by some very wonderful, intelligent people.

The god many Christians worship is like an abusive husband. He lets his wife know that she is useless without him. If she wants his love, she has to continually tell him how great and wonderful that he is, no matter how crappy her life is. At some point in her life, she has to hit rock bottom and truly understand how low she is, then she must beg her husband for forgiveness for even small infringements against him. And if she stands up to him and tells him that he is an ass, he tortures her forever.

It simply doesn't make sense.

Archived