IGNORED

Duggar article- yahoo loves Duggars as much as TODAY show!

homeschoolmomma1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine tried homemade laundry detergent for awhile and she said the stuff doesn't get certain stains out. She tells other people that they are better off buying laundry detergent.

Your friend is right. we had to switch to tide/Arm and Hammer, our clothes were SMELLY and not like "oh i left em in the washer too long" smelly, but like, they still reeked of SWEAT. :(

If it GOT the stains out, it would be worth it, but it wasn't, even just for 2 adults and 1 toddler.

They wouldn't even need to rinse. They have a commercial dishwasher.

I agree on the paper plates.

The commercial dishwashers where I've worked still required rinsing. Not much, though. It would be super easy for one person (adult) to wash up 3 meals' worth of Duggar dishes in about 15 minutes with their dish washer. Soak them in advance and get a couple kids helping with the rinsing, loading, drying and putting away, and it would take hardly any time at all.

...The commercial dishwashers where I've worked still required rinsing. Not much, though. It would be super easy for one person (adult) to wash up 3 meals' worth of Duggar dishes in about 15 minutes with their dish washer. Soak them in advance and get a couple kids helping with the rinsing, loading, drying and putting away, and it would take hardly any time at all.

OK, maybe I'm wrong (never having had a commercial DW...)

However-

I don't rinse, except in rare circumstances, before loading my Bosch home DW, and things get clean just fine. I scrape really big pieces into the trash. The old junky piece of crap I had for several years before the Bosch required pretty much washing the dishes before loading them into it :-(

Heck, even if these people did not have a dishwasher, but just a sink, how much work would it really be to do the damn dishes? One person washes while two people dry and put away. Growing up on a commune, I have actually cleaned up from meals for up to 50 people. We did not have a dishwasher. It is not that big of a deal. You just wash in one sink, rinse in the other, and then dry on the rack. While you do that, another person cleans up the kitchen. It takes about 20 minutes (and that is for 50 people). It is a two person job.

I think either their commerical diswasher is broken or Jim Bob doesn't want to spend the money on the cleaning products.

I think they are just lazy and do not live a conscious life.

I vote for this one. It's like mothers of high order multiples. You watch one and by pre-school age her kids cleared the table and loaded their dishes in the dishwasher routinely. You watch another one and her kids eat off paper plates and sit in high chairs when they are school age. Laziness of taking the effort to do just a little bit and also too lazy or uncaring to teach the kids.

Yeah, that is why I do not consider Michelle Duggar to be a particularly good mother. She is very lazy, and instills laziness in her children. I think the eating off paper plates for every meal is simply the best example. It is lazy, tacky and wasteful. As someone with actual experience cooking and cleaning for lots of people in my youth, I can say that good, whole foods meals can be prepared, and that dishes CAN be done. It just takes a small effort, but you have to want those things to be a priority. I think eating well and eating right should be a priority. As a matter of fact, the bible is pretty clear on this as well.

Your friend is right. we had to switch to tide/Arm and Hammer, our clothes were SMELLY and not like "oh i left em in the washer too long" smelly, but like, they still reeked of SWEAT. :(

If it GOT the stains out, it would be worth it, but it wasn't, even just for 2 adults and 1 toddler.

I don't remember my friend complaining about a smell. I'll ask her next time I see her. My friend likes trying DIY methods/recipes. She looked up different recipes online and decided to try a liquid recipe. After the homemade stuff didn't work on stains , she thought about trying a powder recipe but she saw complaints on some sites about the powder detergent recipes not working great on stains.

Archived