IGNORED

Duggar article- yahoo loves Duggars as much as TODAY show!

homeschoolmomma1

This might be the best quote in the article:

She adds, “We just go straight to the heart and try to let them know they have a safe place to share and they don’t have to bear a burden on their own – that Mom and Daddy were once their age, too, and we know how it is.â€

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
“What’s going on in your life? Is there anything that you want to tell Mom? Is there anything on your heart that you want me to pray for you about? Is there any secret that you haven’t shared with Mom and Dad that you really want to share with us? And are there any temptations or struggles that you’ve had that you want to share with Mom and Dad so that we can pray with you about those things?â€

The kids might be more likely to answer these questions truthfully if they weren't under threat of being sent to Gothard indoctrination camp.

$65,000? I hate that the Duggars act as though they are somehow above others because they bought a home outright. The reality is that most people don't live in the middle of nowhere, in a tiny southern state, where values for land and property are extremely low. I live in Southern California and $65,000 would be barely enough for a downpayment on a nice home in a semi-decent neighborhood, especially in this market. The reality is that if the Duggars lived in a bigger state, they would probably still be in the original 3-bedroom home and would be carrying a mortage. Also, I think there would be less kids because they could never afford that many children in a state where the cost of living is so much higher.

I agree with you. Location has played a huge part in why the Duggars were able to buy homes at low prices and it is part of the reason they were able to support a large family. You are so right if the Duggars were living in California now, they would be carrying a mortgage and they would be struggling with some bills.

I found this comment on yahoo that touches on the location subject.

Peter B • 45 minutes ago

This only works in the midwest. Houses haven't cost $65,000 in New Jersey since 1975

This is a Gothard rule, part of his health seminars, so I be the do indeed bake bread. Whole wheat bread is apparently one of the foods Bill had decided cures cancer/illness. He has some stupid spiritual reason why making your own bread is a holy thing to do, as well. He's also again sinful storebought white bread. There was a link on FJ about his kooky alternative medical beliefs awhile back. I don't have the link at my fingertips right now, though.

Of all things to get hung up on he chooses bread??? That's bizarre.

The kids might be more likely to answer these questions truthfully if they weren't under threat of being sent to Gothard indoctrination camp.

Or weren't being watched 24/7.

Linda • Sioux Falls, South Dakota • 14 minutes ago

I think anybody that slams the Duggars are just plain jealous. Jealous that it isn't you who had 19 kids and bacame movie stars, jeaslous that they are what most of us would call the perfect family, ie: well behaved, intelligent, well adjusted, self-suffient kids, jealous that they live such a Godly life and jealous that they have no debt and that they have a lot more than most Americans do. I say this whole family needs a round of applause for setting such a good example. It's just too bad some people will never get it. Also, have you noticed that the tabloids haven't had any juicy gossip about them.

:laughing-rofl::laughing-rolling::laughing-rollingred: :lol:

LMFAO!!! MOVIE STARS?!!! LOL.... MOVIE STARS??? On what planet?!! Must.stop.laughing. Bwahahahahahahaa...!!!

Surely this person was joking when they wrote that the Duggars are movie stars. Right? RIGHT??

:laughing-rofl::laughing-rolling::laughing-rollingred: :lol:

LMFAO!!! MOVIE STARS?!!! LOL.... MOVIE STARS??? On what planet?!! Must.stop.laughing. Bwahahahahahahaa...!!!

Surely this person was joking when they wrote that the Duggars are movie stars. Right? RIGHT??

Well they were in one movie :roll: haha

She adds, “We just go straight to the heart and try to let them know they have a safe place to share and they don’t have to bear a burden on their own – that Mom and Daddy were once their age, too, and we know how it is.â€

The irony, it BURNS. How many defrauding cheerleader daughters have they raised? Boob, OTOH, I doubt Boob ever dated anyone before he took Mullet to the Senior Banquet or whatever that formal event (not a prom) was. THEIR daughters would not be allowed to wear the dress she wore; COLLARBONE!!! NIKE!!!!

Agree about "sharing their hearts" ====> indoctrination camp.

I spent about 20 minutes reading the comments and giving some thumbs down and replies. I had to reply to a few that said they wish they could be just like the Duggars! I can't believe how many positive comments. I counted it about 8 to 1 positive to negative when I was going through them.

I can't believe so many people think that the Duggars have not changed from 14 kids special.

Since both Michelle and husband Jim Bob are home most of the day, and the children are homeschooled, it’s not like the children miss seeing their parents.

“I think we probably spend more time together than the average family that may have two or three children because we’re home day in and day out,†she says.

Well they are NOT home all day and who does the skoolin'?

Really? So they know what's it like to raise kids that aren't their own and be forced to live in isolation with a crappy education and no friends outside their family?

I spent about 20 minutes reading the comments and giving some thumbs down and replies. I had to reply to a few that said they wish they could be just like the Duggars! I can't believe how many positive comments. I counted it about 8 to 1 positive to negative when I was going through them.

I can't believe so many people think that the Duggars have not changed from 14 kids special.

I think a lot of people who are leaving positive comments don't know the dark side of the Duggars' beliefs. They probably don't know about Gothard or ATI.

Another person claiming overpopulation is a myth.

Stellamojo • Norfolk, Virginia • 39 minutes ago

The weight of their decision to have so many children, leaving 17 humans on the planet after they die, is selfish and irresponsible. There are resources everyone use that have a high cost to replenish if they can be, and WE ALL pay for their lifestyle.

1 Reply

cupcake

1Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!0

cupcake • Houston, Texas • 20 minutes ago

Overpopulation is actually a myth. The entire world's population could fit in the state of Texas with an acre of land each. As far as the world's resources the Duggars buy everything used. How many small families do you know who buy new tennis shoes each year for every child, a vehicle for every teenager, and new clothes each time their children grow. I challenge anyone to legitimately say that the Duggars use up more resources than the average American family, even given their size. They are also providing encouragement for other Christian families all over the world, volunteering in their community, and even in several other countries. What have you been doing to better the world lately? I mean, since this topic is clearly so important to you...

Some people are so fucking stupid. Overpopulation is not about space. It is about resources. Not all land is arable and not all land is habitable.

Buying everything used does't mean jack shit when it comes to resources. Buying some thing used is just gross. Buying shoes used is gross and unhealthy. I had a high school teacher who was married to a podiatrist and she told my class several times about her husband advising people not to buy used shoes. The Duggars do use more resources than the average family. They probably dispose of more trash than small a family does. They use styrofoam and paper plates daily. Small families don't do shit like that. The Duggars drive gas guzzling vehicles. If parents in small families buy their teenagers new vehicles. They sometimes have reasons for it. In some states, you are better off having a new car ever 5-7 years because weather conditions and road salting tear up vehicles. Teenagers in small families are actually out doing things on their own, they are controlled 24/7 by mommy and daddy.

Some people are so fucking stupid. Overpopulation is not about space. It is about resources. Not all land is arable and not all land is habitable.

Buying everything used does't mean jack shit when it comes to resources. Buying some thing used is just gross. Buying shoes used is gross and unhealthy. I had a high school teacher who was married to a podiatrist and she told my class several times about her husband advising people not to buy used shoes. The Duggars do use more resources than the average family. They probably dispose of more trash than small a family does. They use styrofoam and paper plates daily. Small families don't do shit like that. The Duggars drive gas guzzling vehicles.

Amen. I do not think that people like the Duggars have the education or the critical thinking skills to understand this. They only have the brainpower to understand a concept like overpopulation on a VERY basic level. So when you tell someone like Mullet that all the world's people could fit in an area the size of Ft. Lauderdale, then that is the end of their thought process. It is the way a child might think of the planet's "space," because a child does not understand where all their things come from.

The Duggars are extremely child-like in their behaviors and actions. Just take the paper/styrofoam as an example. They do not even have a mature enough temperament to do the dishes. :cry:

Gee , the article forgot to mention how they save on groceries by shooting squirrels and making them into a tasty stew.

What a load of BS.

Another person claiming overpopulation is a myth.

Buying everything used does't mean jack shit when it comes to resources. Buying some thing used is just gross. Buying shoes used is gross and unhealthy. I had a high school teacher who was married to a podiatrist and she told my class several times about her husband advising people not to buy used shoes. The Duggars do use more resources than the average family. They probably dispose of more trash than small a family does. They use styrofoam and paper plates daily. Small families don't do shit like that. The Duggars drive gas guzzling vehicles. If parents in small families buy their teenagers new vehicles. They sometimes have reasons for it. In some states, you are better off having a new car ever 5-7 years because weather conditions and road salting tear up vehicles. Teenagers in small families are actually out doing things on their own, they are controlled 24/7 by mommy and daddy.

Splitting hairs, I know, but the commenter's statement about Texas isn't even remotely true! Texas is huge, but it has 167,672,913.14 acres of land (source: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_acre ... d_in_Texas (not the best source, but I saw the same number in several places)). So, barely enough for half of the U.S. population to each have an acre...

It took me approximately 30 seconds to look that up. It might not be 100% accurate, but it does indicate that there is no way Texas has almost 7 billion acres. I hate it when people don't research the statements they dutifully repeat!!!

Amen. I do not think that people like the Duggars have the education or the critical thinking skills to understand this. They only have the brainpower to understand a concept like overpopulation on a VERY basic level. So when you tell someone like Mullet that all the world's people could fit in an area the size of Ft. Lauderdale, then that is the end of their thought process. It is the way a child might think of the planet's "space," because a child does not understand where all their things come from.

The Duggars are extremely child-like in their behaviors and actions. Just take the paper/styrofoam as an example. They do not even have a mature enough temperament to do the dishes. :cry:

The Duggars' use of paper and styrofoam plates is just annoying. A lot of people use stuff like that for the occasional party or get together. The Duggars use styrofoam and paper plates every single day for all their meals. They have that fucking industrial dishwasher and they should use real dishes. In families that have basic dishwashers, a lot of times each family member will rinse off their plates and then put them in the dishwasher. Most of the Duggars kids and Boob and Mullet could do that. Mullet could load up the younger kids' dishes.

Yeah, I honestly do not even see how using paper plates really saves all that much time or effort. One person can be in charge of cleaning the items used for cooking, and everyone else - even the little kids - just needs to rinse their plate, fork, and cup and put it in the dishwasher. It's basically just one more (5 second) step than throwing all that in the trash.

Personally, I HATE eating off paper plates and using plastic forks or knives. Paper plates offer little "stability" for the food and plastic forks/knives are practically useless.

“We just go straight to the heart and try to let them know they have a safe place to share and they don’t have to bear a burden on their own – that Mom and Daddy were once their age, too, and we know how it is.â€

That makes me cringe every time I hear it or something similar. It's so intrusive like the parents have the right to every thought and they are using their religion to pry into their children's thoughts even and try to control every tiny thing about their children's lives.

As far as the Duggar fanatics, I think they have exceedingly poor analytical skills and accept what they are told at face value without thinking. Anyone who believes these "reality" shows are real is in need of education if they aren't elderly grannies in nursing homes.

“We just go straight to the heart and try to let them know they have a safe place to share and they don’t have to bear a burden on their own – that Mom and Daddy were once their age, too, and we know how it is.”

That makes me cringe every time I hear it or something similar. It's so intrusive like the parents have the right to every thought and they are using their religion to pry into their children's thoughts even and try to control every tiny thing about their children's lives.

As far as the Duggar fanatics, I think they have exceedingly poor analytical skills and accept what they are told at face value without thinking. Anyone who believes these "reality" shows are real is in need of education if they aren't elderly grannies in nursing homes.

I think a lot of the Duggar fanatics are the types that don't know how twisted reality TV is. The Duggars do have their granny fans, but I often see a lot of 20-60 something fans. Some people don't have a basic knowledge of how the entertainment industry works. Some people who have worked on reality shows have gone public about a lot of deception that goes on behind the scenes. Sean Overbeeke is sleezy just like all the other reality show producers. He and TLC hide a lot of shit about the Duggars. There have been times on 19kac that you can tell certain things were staged. Mary's "surprise party" was clearly staged. She really didn't seem surprised at all. Parts of the Jackson/Johanna party were staged, there was no way Jackson could have earned all those tickets in a short amount of time to buy Johanna those toys.

One comment said Extreme Home Makeover helped build the house. The Duggars were sent to Disney World. But didn't we see them building the house along with Clark Wilson? I thought TLC helped pay for the kitchen to speed up production and the Duggars built the rest ..

Yeah, I honestly do not even see how using paper plates really saves all that much time or effort. One person can be in charge of cleaning the items used for cooking, and everyone else - even the little kids - just needs to rinse their plate, fork, and cup and put it in the dishwasher. It's basically just one more (5 second) step than throwing all that in the trash.

Personally, I HATE eating off paper plates and using plastic forks or knives. Paper plates offer little "stability" for the food and plastic forks/knives are practically useless.

They wouldn't even need to rinse. They have a commercial dishwasher.

I agree on the paper plates.

Yeah, I seriously do not understand the paper plate thing. It is SO tacky on top of being wasteful. I am not a bible scholar or anything, but from what I know of the bible, I sort of get the impression that mealtimes and food are essentially sacred.

One comment said Extreme Home Makeover helped build the house. The Duggars were sent to Disney World. But didn't we see them building the house along with Clark Wilson? I thought TLC helped pay for the kitchen to speed up production and the Duggars built the rest ..

The commenter is wrong. Unless they're involved in a massive cover-up, the Duggars were not on extreme makeover. ABC and TLC do not even belong to the same company. The Duggars put up most of the structure of their house by themselves. TLC finished off most of the interior: drywall, paint, carpet, decorations, furnishings, etc.

Archived