IGNORED

Duggar article- yahoo loves Duggars as much as TODAY show!

homeschoolmomma1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read this a few minutes ago. They don't make their own laundry soap and I highly doubt they make their own wet wipes.

. Buy your home with cash. The Duggars borrowed to purchase their first home—a tiny 900-square foot cottage where they raised five children. It took them seven years of scrimping, but they bought their 2,000-square-foot second house, which they were living in with 17 kids when their reality show began, outright for $65,000. Their current house sits on 20 acres and is 7,000 square feet. The family divides itself over four bedrooms and shares one super-sized family closet.

At least they didn't imply the Duggars paid for all of their current house Thanks TLC! Also 4 bedrooms, if you count Grandma's little room.

. The Duggars outfitted their home with energy efficient light bulbs and appliances.Their monthly bill for water, utilities, and phone is just shy of $700.

Not buying it. Not with all those iphones.

Make their own bread? WTF?? I don't think Jessa is making bread between straightening her hair and applying self tanner. So, who is making the bread? Grandma Duggar?

They did make laundry detergent on one episode.... I don't know how it would remove all the stains the howler monkeys get on their clothes in one day.

They have stopped making laundry detergent. I call bullshit on them making bread. The Duggars don't buy everything used. We all know they have been buying Aeropostale clothes at the mall for the past few years. As usual the usual Duggar defenders have to compare the Duggars to people on goverment assistance.

TWISTEDBITCH • Naperville, Illinois • 1 hour 34 minutes ago

Look at it this way, they're not living on welfare. If they can afford to have a big family, more power to them! If they were living off the government, that would be different.

Boob and Mullet have never been able to completely support their large family on their own. They have taken food and clothing donations in the past.

The below comment made me want to barf.

Linda • Sioux Falls, South Dakota • 14 minutes ago

I think anybody that slams the Duggars are just plain jealous. Jealous that it isn't you who had 19 kids and bacame movie stars, jeaslous that they are what most of us would call the perfect family, ie: well behaved, intelligent, well adjusted, self-suffient kids, jealous that they live such a Godly life and jealous that they have no debt and that they have a lot more than most Americans do. I say this whole family needs a round of applause for setting such a good example. It's just too bad some people will never get it. Also, have you noticed that the tabloids haven't had any juicy gossip about them.

The Duggars aren't movie stars. They are Z list celebs. I wouldn't label any of the kids intelligent. So far not one Duggar child has earned a college degree. The adult Duggar children aren't really supporting themselves. John and Josh's business were handed to them.

It looks like this article combines information from several older interviews with them. Must be a slow news week.

Loved this comment. I don't the Duggars have ever been on food stamps, but they probably got some nice food donations from the church they attended years ago.

Eko • 1 hour 6 minutes ago

Jim Bob was a member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, talk about the biggest government aid known to man. They also used food stamps, and how many tax breaks do you think they get for 19 freaking kids? They are NOT off of government aid by a long shot.

Theresa B • 31 minutes ago

Exactly. The democrats wants us all on federal aid. Yes people actually do this without the governement. Some people know how to work for a living. They do real estate and a tv show. That is work. Those children do just fine and are not bossy like someone tried to say. Bunch of dangerous democrats on here pushing their dangerous agenda. Seems some of you are jealous they are working and not living of your nanny state you want.

The Duggars' reality show really isn't work at all. Some of the shit they do is staged but they aren't spending 12-18 hour days working for TLC. Actors and actresses on scripted TV shows are hard workers compared to Smuggar and the rest of the family. What is really sad is that there is a few TV show casts that work harder than the Duggars and they make less than them.

Loved this comment.

As a family they are still consuming a massive amount of resources. I would like to know what their carbon footprint is as compared to a 4-person family (handmade soap or not). Our planet cannot sustain the current trend of population growth. We number more than 6.8 billion worldwide, having doubled in less than 45 years and quadrupled in less than a century. By 2030 we will need to supply the world with 50 percent more food, 30 percent more water and 45 percent more energy. The way I see it, the Duggars are selfish, even though they do not receive government aid. If all the Duggars children go on to reproduce like JimBob & Michele, think of how many people will have come from those 2.

3. Buy used-everything. The Duggars have never owned a new car. One of their vehicles is a 21-seat bus that once belonged to a hockey team. It cost just over $2,000 at an auction and is worth about $50,000. Mom Michelle shops at garage sales and thrift shops for the kids' clothing and shoes. Jim Bob told MSNBC the family motto is, "Buy used, and save the rest."

I call bullshit! They bought a bus for 2K? If that was possible smugly would be the wealthiest man on earth reselling shit for 48k profit a pop.

Also Michelle doesnt do the clothes shopping... Jinger does.

They really are scraping the bottom of the barrell arent they?

I call bullshit! They bought a bus for 2K? If that was possible smugly would be the wealthiest man on earth reselling shit for 48k profit a pop.

JB is slimy enough to squeeze some kind of outrageous deal like this out. I still don't really believe it, though. Even if it's true, I'm sure it was by means most heathens would consider immoral. Plus, aren't they trying to resell the bus for like $80k at the carlot?

I rolled my eyes at this comment.

RobertH • Virginia Beach, Virginia • 36 minutes ago

Their children are home-schooled. And they are way more educated than the average public school graduate who can barely read, write, or do arithmetic As for their decision to have 19 children...that's between them and God, none of your business. However, if you must know, we Americans are facing a declining birth rate crisis b/c of all those parents who said, "one, two, and we're through." Another gem thanks to the overpopulation nuts who said the planet wasn't big enough to support the growing population...but that's another issue....

I guess this guy has never seen the Smuggar's websites or some of the shit Michelle writes.

I rolled my eyes at this comment.

I guess this guy has never seen the Smuggar's websites or some of the shit Michelle writes.

Well to be fair, they probably seem very educated to someone like RobertH.

Make their own bread? WTF?? I don't think Jessa is making bread between straightening her hair and applying self tanner. So, who is making the bread? Grandma Duggar?

They did make laundry detergent on one episode.... I don't know how it would remove all the stains the howler monkeys get on their clothes in one day.

A friend of mine tried homemade laundry detergent for awhile and she said the stuff doesn't get certain stains out. She tells other people that they are better off buying laundry detergent.

Loved this comment.

Alexa • 1 minute 47 seconds ago

They cut their own hair? That would explain why the girls/women's hairstyles in that family are so horrible. They all have the same hillbilly haircut.

Good one.

becky • La Crosse, Wisconsin • 3 minutes 9 seconds ago

Yeah, too bad this doesn't apply to the real world......What would have happened had their investments not paid off? What would have happened if Jim Bob was struck ill and not able to work? Seriously, just because these pointers worked for them doesn't mean it applies across the boards......it's not always about "common sense"!

Nope. Bought for around 50k. The new bus was around 75k. Article also forgot to mention how Boob claims to have bought the 20 acres for < $300k in 2002 (and how he talked the owner down from $1MM. It was in the first book; I call BULL.SHIT. IIRC, the land appraisal in the most recent tax records assessed the property for about the same amount, so even with the big rise and dip and small rise that puts property back to levels c.2009, the property is worth no more than what he paid for it 10 years ago?

Some bidnessman, that Boob Duggar. Yup. I'm mega-jealous. :roll:

Make their own bread? WTF??

This is a Gothard rule, part of his health seminars, so I be the do indeed bake bread. Whole wheat bread is apparently one of the foods Bill had decided cures cancer/illness. He has some stupid spiritual reason why making your own bread is a holy thing to do, as well. He's also again sinful storebought white bread. There was a link on FJ about his kooky alternative medical beliefs awhile back. I don't have the link at my fingertips right now, though.

I think it was on TWOP that someone said Jinger was the one who made whole wheat bread, possibly every day. Baking a loaf of bread once in a while can be very calming and therapeutic. Baking enough bread for over 20 people every day, and she might as well open a bakery. At least she'd get paid for doing it.

$65,000? I hate that the Duggars act as though they are somehow above others because they bought a home outright. The reality is that most people don't live in the middle of nowhere, in a tiny southern state, where values for land and property are extremely low. I live in Southern California and $65,000 would be barely enough for a downpayment on a nice home in a semi-decent neighborhood, especially in this market. The reality is that if the Duggars lived in a bigger state, they would probably still be in the original 3-bedroom home and would be carrying a mortage. Also, I think there would be less kids because they could never afford that many children in a state where the cost of living is so much higher.

I think it was on TWOP that someone said Jinger was the one who made whole wheat bread, possibly every day. Baking a loaf of bread once in a while can be very calming and therapeutic. Baking enough bread for over 20 people every day, and she might as well open a bakery. At least she'd get paid for doing it.

I think there was a reference to Jinger baking the bread in the world tour episode where they make the bread.

Archived