IGNORED

Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic Could Close

Visionoyahweh

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20 ... dyssey=tab

"If this legislation reduces the number of abortions in Mississippi, we believe that's a positive result for women's health and for everyone involved," he said.

While the law could shut down the clinic, it would not prevent private doctors from performing the procedure. Women might struggle finding physicians who are willing, though.

"I don't see a great deal of physicians that are choosing to do that," Bryant said.

In the statement, Scott raised a concern that limiting access to legal abortions would result in desperate action by desperate women who will seek out unsafe procedures.

Speaking of such women, Mims said: "I would hope they would choose life. I would hope that they would give the baby up for adoption."

If the the last abortion closes, some women could go out of state for abortions. I know someone who worked at an abortion clinic here in New Mexico and she said there were cases in which women from out of state came for abortions for different reasons.

Does he really think that closing abortion clinics will reduce the number of abortions?

My guess is that women will go to other states to have them or go back to using homemade abortion tools... like wire hangers and knitting needles.

We're going to start seeing more prosecutions of women who mail-order RU486, I bet.

Doesn't Mississippi have the worst poverty rate of the 50 states?

We're going to start seeing more prosecutions of women who mail-order RU486, I bet.

Yup it does.

Does he really think that closing abortion clinics will reduce the number of abortions?

My guess is that women will go to other states to have them or go back to using homemade abortion tools... like wire hangers and knitting needles.

It sure won't do anything to reduce the number of unwanted children who end up wards of the state...

50th in everything.

It sure won't do anything to reduce the number of unwanted children who end up wards of the state...

Oh but there are so many good loving christian families who are willing to adopt the babies, it won't be a problem! :roll:

Yep and if the child in question has anything wrong with it...mentally impaired, physically impaired, maybe both, FAS or drug addicted. Are those same people telling women to give their child up for adoption instead of aborting going to adopt a child who has extra needs? I know that if I give birth to a baby, I'm keeping that baby. If I just couldn't care for it for some reason after I gave birth, I have family who would. Not everyone has that. This a shame, but it won't stop abortion.

Then people wonder why, "why should I vote? The government doesn't care." That's what a democracy is about, dumbass. Then they complain when theocratic whackadoodle events and laws like this happen. Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful...

Being a native Mississippian who now lives in the Midwest, I can say this doesn't surprise me in the least. MS recently also tried to pass the personhood amendment, a person from the moment of conception. It didn't pass in voting so now they are trying to have the senate vote it into law. The law would also make certain forms of birth control illegal and make invitro fertilization procedures illegal.

MS also has the highest teen birth rate too.

http://news.yahoo.com/mississippi-teen- ... 28345.html

Archived