IGNORED

The VF Heir is crowned!

GenerationCedarchip

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urge to critique the red dress from a historical perspective.... rising.... RISING.

Doug Phillips is a TOOL to make his wife dress in not so well constructed outfit. (The hems at the bottom are making me shrieky). And she's not wearing a corset.

Are corsets too sexy for this group? They do take attention away from ones countenance......

This has bothered me all day. HOW do you turn a coffin for 1200 people into a CELEBRATION???

There are few bodies buried on the U.S.S. Arizona and they have a memorial service every December 7th at Pearl Harbor to honor the lives of those who died. That is memorializing, honoring, respectful. Turning 1200 people's deaths into a flipping COSTUME PARTY and celebration where we sing Shirley Temple songs about a good ship is just PROFANE.

I remember when VF was started. I remember they were focused on high quality toys and childhood, blah, blah, blah. How do you jump the shark so badly that you turn a horrific disaster into an annual celebration for any reason, much less for your percieved 'chivalry' concept?

I mean, the SAHD movement was the chink that started my exodus. It was jumping the shark in icky and pedophilic ways, and I truly thought it was not catch on....I have since been introduced to Purity Balls and realized that they jumped that shark and just kept right on swimming. But, celebrating death???? It's so bizarre and horrific. How can they not see how horrific it is?

aox7dl.jpg

Creepy.

Dougie, next time you hit up the era (we'll now be @George V and Queen Mary), check out a few episodes of Downton Abbey. Even 80 year old Lady Violet can do modesty better than that poor teenager dressed in what appears to be scraps from the sewing room floor.

And for the most formal occasaion, LONG GLOVES YOU TWITS! You'd think these people whose middle name is Stumbling Block would know about LONG GLOVES for the ladies.

Three words:

Hor. se's. ass.

What? Beall isn't comely enough to pose with you, Doug?

I shouldn't be surprised at the trotting out of the eldest - or most photogenic - daughter for soemthing like this. Back a few years when Rev. Marcus Serven did a first-person impression of John Calvin, complete with long grey whiskers, he had his eldest daughter Rebecca (now Loomis) dress up as Idelette Calvin (Mrs. John). Looked really creepy, to have an old man - made up to look even older - with a dewy late-20-something at his side.

Doug and his coterie can blather all they want about the sacredness of womanhood and the everlasting bonds of marraige, but when it comes to public performances -- they find the equivalent to a trophy wife and trot her out.

Of course they'd say, well, we are serving our young menfolk by letting them gaze upon a young woman's face, keep them interested. Not touching! Not speakign to them alone without a monitoring chaperone! Never ever ever kissing nor hugging!!! But yes, let's do it for the boys, it's all about keeping the leaders o' tomorrow interested! Backstage, wife of 30-some years. Get thee hence. I need the prettier, younger version of you, and our daughter will do!

And for the most formal occasaion, LONG GLOVES YOU TWITS! You'd think these people whose middle name is Stumbling Block would know about LONG GLOVES for the ladies.

I thought they were short gloves too at first but at second glance, I can see they're actually long gloves. The end of the glove on her left arm goes up under the lace sleeve of her dress.

Three words:

Hor. se's. ass.

What? Beall isn't comely enough to pose with you, Doug?

I shouldn't be surprised at the trotting out of the eldest - or most photogenic - daughter for soemthing like this. Back a few years when Rev. Marcus Serven did a first-person impression of John Calvin, complete with long grey whiskers, he had his eldest daughter Rebecca (now Loomis) dress up as Idelette Calvin (Mrs. John). Looked really creepy, to have an old man - made up to look even older - with a dewy late-20-something at his side.

Doug and his coterie can blather all they want about the sacredness of womanhood and the everlasting bonds of marraige, but when it comes to public performances -- they find the equivalent to a trophy wife and trot her out.

Of course they'd say, well, we are serving our young menfolk by letting them gaze upon a young woman's face, keep them interested. Not touching! Not speakign to them alone without a monitoring chaperone! Never ever ever kissing nor hugging!!! But yes, let's do it for the boys, it's all about keeping the leaders o' tomorrow interested! Backstage, wife of 30-some years. Get thee hence. I need the prettier, younger version of you, and our daughter will do!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So what tragedy do you think Dougie will celebrate/misinterpret next?

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire--100th anniversary already passed on this, but Dougie could make it about how the girls in the factory would have avoided death if they hadn't been working in the first place.

WWI--Regurgitate the big shpiel he did for D-Day. Might be a bit hard considering more US soldiers died of VD than combat injuries.

Spanish Inquisition--All those good Christians strengthening the Church by getting rid of infidels.

Well, they seem to be fond of ships. Lusitania's 100th is coming up. *cringing at the thought of VF touching that*

Oh! And we're coming up on the 200th of Waterloo! I bet Dougie would love to have an excuse to get dressed up in his best Master and Commander outfit.

Completely off topic but that is how I roll... everytime I see this thread title I read that the VF Heffer has been crowned and I see a pretty cow with her long eye lashes wearing a tiara on her head.

That and that VF is wearing a new crown of hair.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Well, they seem to be fond of ships. Lusitania's 100th is coming up. *cringing at the thought of VF touching that*

Oh! And we're coming up on the 200th of Waterloo! I bet Dougie would love to have an excuse to get dressed up in his best Master and Commander outfit.

Napoleon is the role Dougie the tool was born to play! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I couldn't find a heifer with a tiara. But I found this

queen-B-300x300.jpg

You do know that I love you, right? You and your wonderful yummy bra.

Guest Anonymous

Napoleon is the role Dougie the tool was born to play! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AND he's even short enough.

So why doesn't Dougie just break down and join SCA? Or a SCA. I don't know how to type that, sorry. Then he can dress up all he wants.

However, if the women are going to be in costume, they need to get a better seamstress. That dress is just whack, yo! The bottom of it looks to be slapped together in the wee hours when the person making it couldn't give two more shits about the damn thing and just wanted it finished already.

Turning 1200 people's deaths into a flipping COSTUME PARTY and celebration where we sing Shirley Temple songs about a good ship is just PROFANE.
:happy-cheerleaderkid: ...and a worm, just cus it's cute. :animals-worm:

So why doesn't Dougie just break down and join SCA? Or a SCA. I don't know how to type that, sorry. Then he can dress up all he wants.

However, if the women are going to be in costume, they need to get a better seamstress. That dress is just whack, yo! The bottom of it looks to be slapped together in the wee hours when the person making it couldn't give two more shits about the damn thing and just wanted it finished already.

I thought that too. The lace looks cheap and nasty and how it has been attached to the dress leaves a lot to be desired. I wonder if Jenny Chancy had anything to do with them.

That lace is generic, made in China(Korea?) polyester stuff. I've seen it my local cut-price fabric store (and I live on the opposite side of the world from Dougie "Tool" Phillips).

I wouldn't be surprised if Liberty did her 'research' on Jennie Chancey's page. There is a fairly detailed discussion on the fashion of the period and a plug for Sinkfest, as well as a photo of a dress that bears a passing resemblance to Liberty's disaster. Pity she didn't notice how often Jennie Chancey uses an iron in her tutorials though. As much as I dislike Jenny, at least she understands the value of pressing.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh My God, I just can't even...

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I was eating and gasped hard enough to choke. Not only the typical WTF, but he clearly has no idea what that song is about. For one, the ship is an airship, an airplane. He needs to watch the film Bright Eyes.

The gloves are cheap and poorly fitted. There is a reason why full length gloves have buttons inside the wrists. Being around that much polyester would probably give me a rash.

"...Doug Phillips passed the baton of leadership to his firstborn son Joshua aboard the Showboat Branson Belle on April 15 ... Mr Phillips the younger accepted the presidency of the CBMTS just moments after the exact time that Titanic sunk one hundred years before."

Yeah...um...the ship sank on April 15 in the time zone it was in. At the moment it sank, it was something like 5:10pm on April 14th (not all time zones are by full hours, and no daylight savings then either).

He went for the black tails! There are some photos from the "celebration" on the VF FB page now.

535272_467836339963_56307449963_1562220_679728606_n.jpg

When I went last week, my cousin took a picture of me with my cell and was caught and I had to delete the photo and show the security guy it was deleted. Either Doug got special permission, rented the place out entirely, or broke the rules, to get this photo.

And oh my god that dress is hideous. Gloves, hair, all wrong. At least wear a corset!

That lace is generic, made in China(Korea?) polyester stuff. I've seen it my local cut-price fabric store (and I live on the opposite side of the world from Dougie "Tool" Phillips).

I wouldn't be surprised if Liberty did her 'research' on Jennie Chancey's page. There is a fairly detailed discussion on the fashion of the period and a plug for Sinkfest, as well as a photo of a dress that bears a passing resemblance to Liberty's disaster. Pity she didn't notice how often Jennie Chancey uses an iron in her tutorials though. As much as I dislike Jenny, at least she understands the value of pressing.

It's the crunchy cheap shit available at JoAnn Fabrics. Another buck a yard would have gotten something a little stater and not shiny.

Jennie is squirting out new babies in Africa now (and will probably insist sheisnt racist since some of her kids are literally African, even if just by birth), though she had sone Sinkfest event there she was going to, a fancy and expensive affair when she's supposed to be there helping the poor and starving.

Archived