IGNORED

The VF Heir is crowned!

GenerationCedarchip

So, what exactly does this society "do" other than host annual dinners? Does it raise money to support causes that actually support women and children? Somehow, I doubt it.

No. Women and children are supported by their headship. Whatever this little society does, it doesn't affect anyone other than Dougie and his chosen. It's showboating on the back of a tragedy. It's using his version of history (again) for profit. It's taking advantage of his followers who have already proven they are too lazy to think for themselves. And, yeah, I have no doubt it serves as a great career (ahem) for the offspring as he is prepared for marriage and being the headship of some poor girl and the babies they make.

Must be rough to have daddy create a whole 'business' just for you. I thought real men went out and earned a living, but I guess they actually just hang on to daddy's coat tails and get employment handed to them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another fundy dad setting up a business for his young son. J. Teef must be so proud of all he's accomplished at such a young age--I mean, he's a CEO, y'all! :roll:

I wonder if Dougie's getting the boy ready to go a courtin'? This could be interesting...

Don't forget...The Fresh Prince was also the "Director" of the Dougie created "Ballantyne the Brave" society (?) and we see what happened with that. I don't see either venture as being a business, so much as they are hobbies. SRSLY, how much money can be raised on an annual basis, from the same pool of Kool-Aid drunk contributors, to make this an actual business? Not to mention, doesn't a business have to offer some sort of service to be considered a true business? I can't see that this Boys To Men Titanic Society offers anything other than an annual dinner where boys and men can play dress up for the night.

I just got the announcement in my inbox - Dougie is handing over leadership of the Titanic Men and Boys and whatever to his son.

Nice pic, too. Two questions:

(1) What on earth must other Titanic-related groups made up of either (a) descendants of passengers and crew, or (b) actual serious historians, think about this? All that SOLEMNITY and GRAVITAS and... total toolitude.

(2) Do people in the VF orbit not notice how at all of these momentous occasions of passing some some mantle of SOLEMNITY and GRAVITAS or going on Grand! Adventures! and whatever else, not to mention just being featured in the product catalog, all of the starring roles just conveniently go to Dougie's own kids?

He has quite a few kids but not enough to hide the incestuousness of this entire empire.

About Good Ship Lollipop - it first came out in 1934 and is about a plane. What in the HELL does it have to do with the Titanic?? (Okay, maybe it's titanically bad taste. That's the only Titanic I'm sensing.)

Exactly. There were/are most certainly heroes of 9/11, ones we know and ones we will never know. Its a high emotion event that has been in media and film... just like the Titanic. FUCK NO will there be a "party" at the top of a skyscraper or on an airplane "celebrating" the date.

I dunno. This is Dougie, after all. Give him a few more years, who KNOWS what might happen.

Because Doug Phillips is a tool.

The blog post about the whole event said there were about 600 attendees -- WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? Do you think that number is accurate or inflated by Doug's ego?

So what tragedy do you think Dougie will celebrate/misinterpret next?

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire--100th anniversary already passed on this, but Dougie could make it about how the girls in the factory would have avoided death if they hadn't been working in the first place.

WWI--Regurgitate the big shpiel he did for D-Day. Might be a bit hard considering more US soldiers died of VD than combat injuries.

Spanish Inquisition--All those good Christians strengthening the Church by getting rid of infidels.

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire--100th anniversary already passed on this, but Dougie could make it about how the girls in the factory would have avoided death if they hadn't been working in the first place.

WWI--Regurgitate the big shpiel he did for D-Day. Might be a bit hard considering more US soldiers died of VD than combat injuries.

Spanish Inquisition--All those good Christians strengthening the Church by getting rid of infidels.

Right now my historical interest is about the westward movement so I would like to suggest the trials of the Donner Party.

Very bad and tastless joke ahead.

It comes with dinner. :oops:

The start of WWI is so close Doug can't help but dishonor it's memory.

Everyone can dress up and pretend to get trenchfoot, the die from a mustard gas attack.

Oh, hey, what about the war of 1812? Dougie burns down the White House? Lots of cool costumes then back then too.

Well on one of the FB pages, I think the Hazardous Journeys page, Dougie is considering future destinations.

Destinations under consideration for the Hazardous Journeys Society over next 18 months: Antarctica, Siberia, Guatamala, Patagonia, Tanzania, Grand Canyon, Alaska, Brazilian Amazon, Space.

Yes, Space.

The 12 year old boy in me wants to suggest a trip to study Uranus...

http://www.facebook.com/hazardousjourneys

Methinks he fancies himself as a fundamentalist Bear Grylls. Dougie, you better get to like drinking your own piss.... :lol:

Edit: The 12 year old boy won out. I left

Space; I think you should probe Uranus. There is so much we don't know about it.

Sola they'll never get it - their heads are already inserted too deeply to see anything but their own faecal matter.

I'll keep checking to see when it's deleted!

Sola they'll never get it - their heads are already inserted too deeply to see anything but their own faecal matter.

I'll keep checking to see when it's deleted!

I'm awaiting the handslap from the sheeple. If someone says something I shall feign innocence and point out their dirty minds!

Well on one of the FB pages, I think the Hazardous Journeys page, Dougie is considering future destinations.

Yes, Space.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Literally lol'd. Nearly crying from laughing and co-workers are giving me weird looks :?

More importantly - what costume will Doug wear for this event? We all know that he loves to play dress-up...

Navy captain: (pros: has the highest rank on the ship, cons: is responsible for the catastrophy... plus it gives "In the Navy" vibes...)

2547rs.jpg

First class passenger: (pros: Very Important Person, cons: short men will look like penguins in black tails... but damn, Billy Zane was HOT in the movie!!)

8698801_gal.jpg

Ship boy (even more Village people vibes)

61894-large.jpg

Ship maid:

titanic_christmas_staircase.jpg

Any other suggestions?

WTF, we're celebrating the death of 1200 people, mostly POOR people by singing Good Ship, Lollipop now? WHO in their right minds can look at that and say yeah, that sounds like a GOOD idea.

What TOOLS. All of them.

I cannot believe my stupid mother worshippd VF when it was first started. Their original toys looked cool but the more they drew a line for boys versus girls, the more I just chucked their crap in the trashcan.

Guest Anonymous

Right now my historical interest is about the westward movement so I would like to suggest the trials of the Donner Party.

Very bad and tastless joke ahead.

It comes with dinner. :oops:

They could also re-enact the sinking of the "General Slocum" in 1904. This would be right up Dougie's alley, as most of the 1000+ victims came from St. Mark's Lutheran Church, then in the East Village. The church was so decimated by the loss of so many congregants, that it merged with a sister congregation, Zion Lutheran Church in Yorkville. The Zion St. Mark's Lutheran Church still stands AFAIK, on 85th Street and First Avenue.

I can only endorse and second what other posters have said: DOUG PHILLIPS IS A TOOL!

Destinations under consideration for the Hazardous Journeys Society over next 18 months: Antarctica, Siberia, Guatamala, Patagonia, Tanzania, Grand Canyon, Alaska, Brazilian Amazon, Space.

Can someone please explain to me why these awesome headships choose to go on "hazardous" journeys instead of supporting their wives and children? Is it because they have small wee wees?

Oh, and I suggest they add "ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY", preferably in the northeast to the list. Those students will eat them alive. Might I suggest Tufts?

He went for the black tails! There are some photos from the "celebration" on the VF FB page now.

535272_467836339963_56307449963_1562220_679728606_n.jpg

Urge to critique the red dress from a historical perspective.... rising.... RISING.

Doug Phillips is a TOOL to make his wife dress in not so well constructed outfit. (The hems at the bottom are making me shrieky). And she's not wearing a corset.

Urge to critique the red dress from a historical perspective.... rising.... RISING.

Doug Phillips is a TOOL to make his wife dress in not so well constructed outfit. (The hems at the bottom are making me shrieky). And she's not wearing a corset.

I think that's his daughter acually.

The VF crowd doesn't care about historical accuracy... it's enough that what they wear or do resembles the idea of something. (Polyester wasn't invented until the 1940's, but they always make their dresses from the shiniest type of it...)

I think that's his daughter acually.

The VF crowd doesn't care about historical accuracy... it's enough that what they wear or do resembles the idea of something. (Polyester wasn't invented until the 1940's, but they always make their dresses from the shiniest type of it...)

That lace on that dress is RIFE with it. And her hair is wrong. She needs more of a LDS/Erin Bates poof. And the way the hem is rolled over, its not smooth, i can SEE where its NOT EVEN BEEN PRESSED- its got those little bumps you get when you sew carelessly. Her neckline is also about 2 inches too high. *twitch twitch twitch*

Well, because we know Dougie and/or his acolytes boy toys interns read FJ, here's some actual scientific research for them:

http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/ind ... a41688eb3b

The researchers analyzed 18 of the world's most famous maritime disasters...Out of the 15,000 people who died in the 18 accidents, only 17.8 percent of the women survived compared with 34.5 percent of the men. In three of the shipwrecks, all the women died. ..Captains and their crew are 18.7 percentage points more likely to survive a shipwreck than their passengers.

Archived