IGNORED

"Always Learning" says she can use BC, but no one else can

wow her post about acidic food is crazy magical thinking

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/04/are-you-alkaline.html

Babies are born very alkaline. They have pretty pink tongues. Breastfed babies keep pretty pink tongues. Formula fed babies get a white coating on their tongues. They become more acidic. When you die, you are very acidic. Disease breeds in acidic bodies. Therefore, the key is to stay as alkaline as possible.

There are lists out there of alkaline and acidic foods. All raw foods are alkaline. All processed, cooked foods are acidic. There are some neutral foods like butter. So eat as many alkaline foods as possible to keep a strong immune system.

Woman you posted this list and it links to acidic, non processed foods like cranberries, cooking fats , legumes, meat and grains. Oh and guess what? Butter is acidifying!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What, no camel milk?! And they've got all that stored milk in those jigantic ( :dance: ) humps of theirs! You just drill a hole in one, stick in an aquarium tube, and let the baby suck on that for awhile until he or she is full. Simply, straight from the source, and organic. And isn't that what we all want? :lol:

Coffee isn't a drug, but caffeine is. Caffeine is an alkaloid, so it must be OK to consume, right? RIGHT??

She didn't post my reply to her where does the semen go? entry...probably because i explained the difference between sperm and semen and then told her she was ignorant...oopsie!

Woman you posted this list and it links to acidic, non processed foods like cranberries, cooking fats , legumes, meat and grains. Oh and guess what? Butter is acidifying!

There is so much fail in that short paragraph, I can't even... :doh:

I can't believe I just discovered this woman's blog. Lorie is such a vapid, thoughtless, mean-spirited and smug wretch. She's FJ gold!

There is so much fail in that short paragraph, I can't even... :doh:

This kind of reminds me of the hot-cold dichotomies many cultures have about foods, diseases, and medicines (taking a medical anthropology class this semester, #nerdalert); meaning if you have a "hot" illness, say, malaria, in order to cure it, you need to eat "cold" foods, like chicken and oranges. This has nothing to to with actual temperatures, but rather carefully constructed ideas about the human body. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, honestly.

A glass of sodium hydroxide a day keeps the doctor away, then? It'll keep you alkaline alright.

I hate this sort of pseudo science. The body has a few different pH's to ward off infection. The skin for example is slightly acidic while the blood is slightly basic. Another example is that your stomach is acidic while the intestines are basic. Most bacteria cant survive the pH change. The pH also effects the rate of biochemical reactions in the body. If you were to change the pH of your body then you would also change the rate for the chemical reaction.

I commented telling her that lemons and vinegar are acidic. If it's not there she's deleted me.

She didn't post my reply to her where does the semen go? entry...probably because i explained the difference between sperm and semen and then told her she was ignorant...oopsie!

This crazy cat lady also posted the same thing. Wonder how many of us did?

she sent me this email today:

Dear Jen,

I am not sure what comment you are referring to when you said I didn't publish your comment. I published all of them except the comment you made about being alkaline. It was written in a mocking tone. I have studied health for many years and listened to and read many intelligent men. I don't just pick out things from nowhere to write. I don't mind people disagreeing with me but when it comes across as harsh and judgmental, I don't publish it. I allowed that for a long time but then decided I didn't want that tone on my blog anymore. I hope you will understand!

Blessings,

Lori

she sent me this email today:

Dear Jen,

I am not sure what comment you are referring to when you said I didn't publish your comment. I published all of them except the comment you made about being alkaline. It was written in a mocking tone. I have studied health for many years and listened to and read many intelligent men. I don't just pick out things from nowhere to write. I don't mind people disagreeing with me but when it comes across as harsh and judgmental, I don't publish it. I allowed that for a long time but then decided I didn't want that tone on my blog anymore. I hope you will understand!

Blessings,

Lori

Dont you love how she comes off sounding like a bitch and still says blessings in closing. I think thats her way of saying "but bless your heart for trying to confuse me with facts."

Edit to add: All of the "intelligent men" that talk about how we need to make our bodies alkaline have real scientific research to support their claims. I bet she also drinks unpasteurized cows milk because it has supposed beneficial enzyme's that are killed in pasteurization. I ask everyone who tells me this to name the enzymes. To date, no once can name one enzyme. They cant even tell me what an enzyme dose. They all give me two sources that are suppose to support their facts. Those sources have no scientific facts to back of their claim about enzymes. The papers they cite talk about probiotics which everyone knows are important. A probiotic is NOT an enzyme.

I take medication that causes severe fetal deformities and even fetal death. Without the medication I would be incredibly sick. Does this mean that I too am allowed to use birth control? I guess not as the pregnancy would still be safe for me, just not for the baby.

Hell no because only she can and you must have pissed off god to deserve dead babies, or something.

(Really, I'm sorry this is the spot you're in.)

Dont you love how she comes off sounding like a bitch and still says blessings in closing. I think thats her way of saying "but bless your heart for trying to confuse me with facts."

Edit to add: All of the "intelligent men" that talk about how we need to make our bodies alkaline have real scientific research to support their claims. I bet she also drinks unpasteurized cows milk because it has supposed beneficial enzyme's that are killed in pasteurization. I ask everyone who tells me this to name the enzymes. To date, no once can name one enzyme. They cant even tell me what an enzyme dose. They all give me two sources that are suppose to support their facts. Those sources have no scientific facts to back of their claim about enzymes. The papers they cite talk about probiotics which everyone knows are important. A probiotic is NOT an enzyme.

They catalyze biological reactions by lowering the activation energy. I am not speaking as a science major here, that is shit that my kid learned in eighth grade biology. I am appalled that she gives out health advice (and homeschools!!!not enough exclamation points in the world for this!!!) without the most reudimenary, middle school knowledge of life.

Enzymes do get denatured by heat in pasteurization, but they would be denatured by acid in your stomach regardless. You don't absorb huge globular protein anyway. No way in hell that is sliding past a cell membrane.

They catalyze biological reactions by lowering the activation energy. I am not speaking as a science major here, that is shit that my kid learned in eighth grade biology. I am appalled that she gives out health advice (and homeschools!!!not enough exclamation points in the world for this!!!) without the most reudimenary, middle school knowledge of life.

E.

Enzymes do get denatured by heat in pasteurization, but they would be denatured by acid in your stomach regardless. You don't absorb huge globular protein anyway. No way in hell that is sliding past a cell membrane.

:clap: You get a gold star. There has been an E. Coli outbreak here in Oregon due to unpasteurized cows milk. One of the parents and her 2 year old got sick. This parent still refuses to believe that the milk caused her to be sick. She claims that she was sick because she drank diet soda :angry-banghead: She is still saying this after they found E. Coli in the milk. The state of Oregon banned the sale of unpasteurized cows milk. You can get around the law by selling herd shares. Unpasteurized goats milk can be sold in stores, but, its highly regulated. I just get so angry that parents willingly make their children sick. So far, 11 people are in the hospital and some of them will need kidney transplants. :angry-fire:

Archived