IGNORED

The Guild (Webseries)

Lostie

Does anyone watch this awesome webseries starring Felicia Day?

I only found it a few days ago, but it follows a guild from an online game as they meet each other in real life and tackle quests both in and out of game. It just started Season 5 - and each episode is less than 10 minutes long so I got caught up in about 2 days.

You can find the first season here:

I highly recommend it - is anyone else watching it?

I have seen a few episodes, and I am not a huge fan. I think I am one of the few geeks who isn't a fan of Felicia Day. However, she isn't bad as Penny in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (which if you haven't seen, I highly recommend it).

I have seen a few episodes, and I am not a huge fan. I think I am one of the few geeks who isn't a fan of Felicia Day. However, she isn't bad as Penny in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (which if you haven't seen, I highly recommend it).

Any particular reason why?

Also, I've seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. I like that too.

Any particular reason why?

Also, I've seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. I like that too.

Nope. I totally get why she has a huge fan base. I got to see her once at a Q&A after a screening of The Guild & Dr. Horrible. She seems like a lovely woman. She just doesn't do anything for me. Though, one of the first things I may have seen is the music video from the Guild which I really didn't like. (Just not my style). I blame Mr. Cordelia for showing me that one. :lol:

She is a producer on Wil Wheaton's new TableTop gaming videos, so she does get a bit of love from me there. :)

I was recently introduced to the series by my new guy. So, he likes seasons 3 and 5 the best, and of course, season 1 is the one that introduces everything. At this point I have only seen those seasons, in order. Which is weird, because I have no idea what happens in seasons 2 and 4 except details he's told me that affect the other seasons. I like season 5 a lot. I wish they'd do some more seasons, I'm really digging it. And Clara might make all our bad fundie moms look perfect! LOL.

• 1 month later...

I have been watching it and I have had a Clara in an old guild. Not much fun raiding with a person who has to go afk to put the babies to bed, etc.

I have been watching it and I have had a Clara in an old guild. Not much fun raiding with a person who has to go afk to put the babies to bed, etc.

Of course Clara doesn't usually go afk OR put her kids to bed. She just tells them to go or make her husband do it.

I'm into Guild, and I'm totally not into gaming. So most of the jokes are so over my head.

Have any of you checked out Geek & Sundry yet? It's a youtube channel of geeky webshows- Felicia Day does a weekly one, they have the Guild, and Wil Wheaton does an hour long show every few weeks called "Table Top" where he and some friends play board games. It's much more exciting than it sounds, I swear.

Archived