IGNORED

Bella Santorum, NRA Member

Visionoyahweh

Personally, I don't want to ever own a gun and I'd have a hard time considering raising a family with someone who keeps guns in the house. That being said, if someone is using it for hunting I can understand it. I just think that before you are given a gun or even allowed to be a member of the NRA you should have to pass some kind of gun safety test..... I dunno. Regardless, signing her up for that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I don't understand why that's even allowed. Signing a three year old up for the NRA does go against their message of safety and all of that..... It's just weird.

ETA: I don't really know much about gun laws because I just have no interest in them so if something I've said is inaccurate, I'm sorry.

+1

My son almost got his head blown off, literally, while on a trip with family friends last fall. The family in the cabin next door left their gun where their little boy got hold of it while they were out hiking. My son and his friend were sitting on the porch of their cabin when the gun discharged in the little boy's hands and took out the corner of the roof of the porch where my son and his friend were sitting.

So yeah, I'm not too thrilled with casual gun ownership and if anyone looks at the amount of gun-related accidental deaths in this country, they'd have to be stupid to have a different conclusion. Responsible gun ownership is one thing and I don't personally have a problem with people exercising their second amendment rights. But as with anything, there are just too many damn yahoos out there who have no business with a deadly weapon.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived