IGNORED

Bella Santorum, NRA Member

Visionoyahweh

Yeah, they went there.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-hab ... 20479.html

Bella Santorum, Rick Santorum’s ailing three-year-old daughter, is now a life member of the National Rifle Association.

The ex-candidate announced at the NRA’s annual meeting here Friday that he and his wife Karen have long been life members.

“Now Bella is a life member of the NRA,†he said. “And I hope it’s a long life!â€

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do thank Mr. Santorum for being so open about the fact that he uses his disabled child as a political prop.

Well done, Sir!

Rather than being home with his daughter, who was just released from the hospital, he felt the need to go suck up to the NRA? Even though he is no longer in the race? Even though I'm fairly sure he is worse with a gun than Sarah Palin?

Way to cement the idea that your child is nothing more than a political prop. I can already see it ... when that poor little girl dies, he is going to go overboard with his disgusting behavior.

I think it is wrong to make a small child a member of NRA. Frothy is sucking up the NRA and some members will see through it.

He's making it awfully hard for me to have sympathy for him and his family going through this ongoing crises when he does stuff like this.

For Bella, yes. For him? Not so much anymore.

Why on earth does a child need a gun?

My dad started teaching us to handle guns when we around 11 or 12. I have relatives who do the same things for hunting reasons. I find it ridiculous to make a 3 year old child an NRA member. Bella is disabled and will likely never handle a gun. If Bella wasn't disabled and several years older I can maybe understand making her an NRA member.

Poor Bella. I don' thave any sympathy for the dude anymore, his daughter is only there to push his agenda. Poor thing.

I'm for responsible gun ownership where the law permits it (IMHO Switzerland has the best gun laws in the world) and to raise children proper gun safety is paramount, but 3 is a very young age to become a lifetime NRA member...

Santorum's use of a sick child to satisfy gun nuts is despicable. Bella should be a member of the Gund teddy bear society, not the NRA.

Hmm, doesn't the NRA claim to be an organization to promote safe and responsible gun ownership? They're really letting their cover slip with this one and appearing as the obsessed guns nuts that they are that don't care about responsible behavior.

I do thank Mr. Santorum for being so open about the fact that he uses his disabled child as a political prop.

Well done, Sir!

Hey, Sarah Palin uses her disabled son, Trig, as a prop; why shouldn't Frothy Mix?

I think it is wrong to make a small child a member of NRA. Frothy is sucking up the NRA and some members will see through it.

I do too.

My grandson's mother and stepfather are gun enthusiasts and members of NRA. They tried to get my grandson interested in it, signing him up for lessons at a shooting range. He has zero interest in it. His Dad is not into that at all and neither am I. I'm glad the mother and stepfather quit trying after they realized no way was S. going to do it.

I agree, too. I'm a very big supporter of gun-ownership and 2nd Amendment rights, but I don't agree with signing young children up for "lifetime" membership in any sort of group with a political, social, or religious agenda. Not only does it smack of using the kid as a tool to promote an agenda, but many times the child's name is added to a membership roster that they might not want to be on when they become old enough to form their own opinions.

(My dad signed me up as a lifetime KKK member when I was under a year old. The group he was with was later sued and dissolved, but that means my name probably ended up on some government list about the time I was 10 years old. Made me REALLY thing twice about what I do with my son and if I'm willing to attach his name to anything).

I agree, too. I'm a very big supporter of gun-ownership and 2nd Amendment rights, but I don't agree with signing young children up for "lifetime" membership in any sort of group with a political, social, or religious agenda. Not only does it smack of using the kid as a tool to promote an agenda, but many times the child's name is added to a membership roster that they might not want to be on when they become old enough to form their own opinions.

(My dad signed me up as a lifetime KKK member when I was under a year old. The group he was with was later sued and dissolved, but that means my name probably ended up on some government list about the time I was 10 years old. Made me REALLY thing twice about what I do with my son and if I'm willing to attach his name to anything).

I'm with you on gun ownership and 2nd Amendment rights. I would never sign up a kid for the NRA or the Second Amendment Sisters unless they were teenagers. I agree signing up a kid for lifetime membership in a certain organization can end up being a bad thing. I have relatives who might have done something similar to what your dad did. Some of my relatives are/were belonged to ethnic based organization that was investigated by the FBI for a long time. I would worry about my cousins' names being on a government list.

Seriously? That's insane! I didn't even know you could sign other people up for things like that.

Guest Anonymous
I wonder when the Duggars will buy Josie and Jujubee their life memberships? :roll:

I'm sure they already have. JB just knows to keep his mouth shut unlike Joshie.

Seriously? That's insane! I didn't even know you could sign other people up for things like that.

Yup you can. I remember watching a documentary on different KKK groups years ago and there were people signing up their children and the children also had little robes and hoods.

Yup you can. I remember watching a documentary on different KKK groups years ago and there were people signing up their children and the children also had little robes and hoods.

I suppose the KKK isn't exactly known for being ethical in any way so I'm not sure why I was surprised.

As a moderate on gun issues, this really bothers me. It just feeds the "myth of the gun" which is, IMO, the root of some many of our issues with the thing. Plus, kids should be encouraged to try many things and chose for themselves what interests them.

Archived