IGNORED

Awesome parenting advice from GC Kelly

GenerationCedarchip

It's sick and not Biblical at all (Christians are supposed to endure hardship they encounter for the sake of Christ ie hardship because they are Christians, which does not extend to spousal abuse), but people like them glorify suffering.

THIS!!! Eleventy.

Kelly Crawford should earn some kind of medal by now. Never has so much bullshit been spoken by one single person.

I don't get it. How is being a vet "following your dreams" and thus bad? It sounds to me like a very sound career choice which would earn you a good living and help those poor animals God gave us dominion over.

And college is NOT expensive. Am I the only one who did my undergrad degree at a state school for practically nothing? I worked part-time, rented a room in a house, drove a cheap car, went camping for "vacation" and bought cheap or used clothes. I think I wound up with 6k in student loans from undergrad. Big woop. I honestly do not think fundies even know how the university system operates or how much it even costs. I will bet dollars to donuts that College Plus, if you got a BA off it, would wind up costing MORE than just going to one of the cheaper branched of the state school.

I honestly do not think fundies even know how the university system operates or how much it even costs. I will bet dollars to donuts that College Plus, if you got a BA off it, would wind up costing MORE than just going to one of the cheaper branched of the state school.

Absolutely. They have been either been brainwashed to believe what their spurious leaders tell them or were born without analytical skills to analyze a situation. Community college and state schools are frequently much cheaper than College Minus and most online programs and actually lead to a usable degree.

I don't get it. How is being a vet "following your dreams" and thus bad? It sounds to me like a very sound career choice which would earn you a good living and help those poor animals God gave us dominion over.

And college is NOT expensive.

While your undergrad degree didn't cost you that much, vet school is a horse of a different color. According to this article, in 2008, the average debt for veterinary students in the US was $120,000 while the average starting salary was $61,518. Vets just don't make as much as MDs and they often struggle to make their student loan payments. I've read other articles that warn that some areas may see a shortage of vets because of financial difficulties.

Kelly Crawford should earn some kind of medal by now. Never has so much bullshit been spoken by one single person.

I think St. Paul still has her beat.

The good news is that this movement will likely die out due to a lack of education and mobility. If they were educating their children and teaching them to move in public life, we would have reason to worry. The first generation of fundies is able to disseminate their ideas only because they had more secular upbringings. Their children will spend their lives powerless. Consider, for example, all of the Pearl children and the Duggars. The parents have made good use of the gifts they deny to their children, so the children are barely literate and have no hope of ever wielding power over anyone outside their tiny group.

The human tragedy is sad, but it is better for everyone if bright young girls like Bria and Jasmine stay in the bubble to which they are assigned.

Archived