IGNORED

Awesome parenting advice from GC Kelly

GenerationCedarchip

So, your daughters have managed to come up with dreams in spite of your best efforts? Well, don't even think of encouraging your girls to follow dreams of education or career outside the home!

generationcedar.com/main/2012/04/why-im-not-teaching-my-children-to-follow-their-dreams.html

Love some of the comments, btw (and for once when I talk about GC, I'm not being sarcastic). Of course there are also the ones from the "Oh Kelly, you're so wise!" crowd.

Edited - forgot to break link. Oops.

Says Kelly: This is why man’s wisdom is so dangerous. It is most often driven by flesh–my dreams, my goals, my ambitions, my desires. Obedience requires faith to do what I cannot understand; to believe what may not make sense.

Sounds like the "Story of O."

Wow! My jaw dropped while reading some of those comments! My heart is breaking for the 10 year old little girl who wants to be a veteranarian, but her Mom says no. Poor thing...I hope she runs far, far away as soon as she can.

Wow! My jaw dropped while reading some of those comments! My heart is breaking for the 10 year old little girl who wants to be a veteranarian, but her Mom says no. Poor thing...I hope she runs far, far away as soon as she can.

Yeah - that and some of the others were so sad. But I loved the people who pointed out that sitting at home waiting to get married isn't realistic. And is brainyrainy one of us? I had to wonder as I read her comments - not to mention that Kelly couldn't counter the logic with anything except some snide comment.

Oh my god, I have no words:

Kelly:

I would agree with you that there can be a time when a woman needs to leave an abusive husband. The issue is defining abuse. Mamaolive hasn’t indicated abuse here, just a possibly-difficult situation. Separation is an option for women in truly abusive situations and I would never tell a woman she must stay “no matter whatâ€. Given that, I would offer a caveat. As I mentioned the Christians in the catacombs, saints have been called to very, very hard things since time began. I think we just have to be discerning and sure to have clear, biblical direction in situations like these.

:angry-cussingblack:

And she continues:

mamaolive,

I can’t offer advice from personal experience and I realize that many women do not have the sweet benefit of being married to a gentle, compassionate man. I am sorry that you feel enslaved. The only thing I have to offer is the wisdom found in Scripture about being married to a “hard†man:

“that they may be won when they see your respectful and pure conduct…â€

And hard as it is, yes, I believe Christians are called to “bear up†under many circumstances, sometimes very hard. I would imagine this might fall under the admonition to “rejoice and be exceeding glad when you endure hardship for my sakeâ€, even though that seems completely impossible as we walk through it. Praying for you…

This is from another of her posts:

They were too loud and fidgety so we drugged them.

They were too “rough†so we softened them.

They were too given to leading us so we insulted them.

They were too protective so we started opening our own doors.

And still they simply try to be who we need and want them to be.

Men are rare. Real men allowed to be who God made them. And like almost everything in the universe, we, WOMEN, hold the power to shape and change. We are the ones who have so craftily disassembled the real men. And only we can help build them back and raise a new generation of them.

Anyone else get the feeling that Kelly hates women?

I think hating women is a fundy requirement. I imagine being a fundy daughter is like wearing a lace noose, it may look dainty and innocent, but it chokes the life out of you all the same.

And she continues:

Aargh! It may be PMT or insomnia, but this shit does my head in.

They are so naive and sheltered it's unreal. I am so, so, strongly tempted to go to some of these sites and post my friend's story. She died from domestic violence, horribly, at the hands of someone who thought he was a hard man. She was a Christian. Wow, that saved her.

This sort of thinking scares me sh!tless. They want to raise a generation of women who have no skills to support themselves if need be. What about if the husband dies (heaven forbid!) and they have to find a way to support their full quiver? There's always the cases of domestic abuse, which these whack-jobs believe can be "cured" by their "witness". Umm...nope...it doesn't work that way. When he puts that big Winchester to your head and says "get the F out of my house", it's time to GO!

I bought into that crap for years, until the day the old man (now X old man) told me to take my brats and go. I had NO education, no marketable skills. We lived in a mini-van. That was the beginning of the end for me. Still a Christian, but instead of a "meek helpmeet", I'm a full on "girl power" believer with a husband who supports me. It's a darn good thing I went and got an education...my husband has a medical condition that has forced him to stop working. Disability doesn't pay much...thank God I can make a living wage!

These women are NUTS!!! Completely BATSHIT FKN NUTS!

Says Kelly: This is why man’s wisdom is so dangerous. It is most often driven by flesh–my dreams, my goals, my ambitions, my desires. Obedience requires faith to do what I cannot understand; to believe what may not make sense.

Sounds like the "Story of O."

PLEASE, someone go over there and post that.

Aargh! It may be PMT or insomnia, but this shit does my head in.

They are so naive and sheltered it's unreal. I am so, so, strongly tempted to go to some of these sites and post my friend's story. She died from domestic violence, horribly, at the hands of someone who thought he was a hard man. She was a Christian. Wow, that saved her.

I don't think Kelly et al mean hard in that sense, more like hard-hearted. Also, to be honest I think Kelly would simply think of your friend as a martyr who is now being rewarded for putting up with her abuse. It's sick and not Biblical at all (Christians are supposed to endure hardship they encounter for the sake of Christ ie hardship because they are Christians, which does not extend to spousal abuse), but people like them glorify suffering.

This sort of thinking scares me sh!tless. They want to raise a generation of women who have no skills to support themselves if need be. What about if the husband dies (heaven forbid!) and they have to find a way to support their full quiver?

That makes me wonder, has Kelly posted an update about her neighbors? The ones whose father was killed in the tornado? What are they doing for money now? Has the son "finished" his education and stepped up as primary breadwinner? Has the mother remarried? Is the "body of Christ" supporting them, and building them a brand-new house with shabby chic decor? Or are we just ignoring that situation because empty platitudes don't hold up in reality?

I think hating women is a fundy requirement. I imagine being a fundy daughter is like wearing a lace noose, it may look dainty and innocent, but it chokes the life out of you all the same.

Oh, I love this statement! You get bonus points for profundity (no pun intended) today. :D

The out-of-control egos that come up with these oh-so-holier-than-you statements are amazing. And not in a good way.

Well, Kelly's also one who claims shy children are being rebellious and rude instead of understanding that young children are sometimes lacking good social skills and when around adults, they aren't comfortable because they don't know what to say. Most children grow out of this and learn how to communicate better. I know plenty of shy children who are not shy at all as adults. The comments were worse though assuming shyness is self-centeredness because it's all about themselves and thinking how others view them. Yes, but that's not self-centeredness, that's self-consciousness (is that a word?). The best thing to do in that case is to work on the child's self-confidence. Introverted and shy children are often very aware of the world around them. They most likely over think social situations. I thought it was good that Kelly suggested working with a shy child at home to help them gain some confidence. Her tips weren't all bad, but the idea of a shy child being rude and rebellious bothers me. I know I was never trying to be rebellious or rude when I was child. I just never knew what to say and was really uncomfortable around adults I didn't know or with new people. I grew out of it with age, though still am a bit self-conscious and lacking in self-confidence. My parents never worked with me on that though.

Shorter Kelly Crawford:

"I couldn't hack it in the real world, so I'm going to do my best to thwart my daughter's dreams and desires."

Oh, I love this statement! You get bonus points for profundity (no pun intended) today. :D

The out-of-control egos that come up with these oh-so-holier-than-you statements are amazing. And not in a good way.

Thank you. The brain cells were working that day.

What about sons? Do they also need to deny themselves and sacrifice their own ambitions and dreams? I wonder if it is okay if a boy wants to be a veterinarian or engineer or anything else requiring an actual education. They seem to think every man needs his own business to avoid contact with those who don't live the lifestyle, so do boys also need to deny themselves?

What about sons? Do they also need to deny themselves and sacrifice their own ambitions and dreams? I wonder if it is okay if a boy wants to be a veterinarian or engineer or anything else requiring an actual education. They seem to think every man needs his own business to avoid contact with those who don't live the lifestyle, so do boys also need to deny themselves?

Yes. Boys can't be doctors either. They'll never allowed into a reputable university. Not because they are unable to go, but their parents have instilled great fear of the outside world and need to control all their children. Boys have more independence than the girls, but let's face it, they aren't allowed a real life either. Their SOTDRT education also restricts boys. Creationist science is worthless for a pre-med degree. Can't have their sons believing in God and evolution. :roll:

Catch these paranoid histrionics in the comments?

First, from commenter Michelle:

My husband and I have even recently discussed the need for our daughters to go to college simply because the laws may very likely change and require it by the time they are homeschooling mothers.

Then response from Kel-Kel:

We have had this discussion too. Of course, we don’t know anything about what laws will require, but keep in mind that there are some incredible opportunities to avoid the exorbitant costs of traditional college (including more than just financial costs) and still pursue a higher education, whatever your decision for doing so.

Like, I'm glad they're considering college for their daughters (even if probably some College Minus bullshit), but really? By the time they are homeschooling mothers, the laws will have changed to mandate college education for everyone? The COMMIE INDOCTRINATION MACHINE!!!!!!!! rolls on.

What a way to stomp on your kid's dreams. Seriously, sometimes I think people should have to pass a test in order to be a parent. I feel so bad for those kids. Having your aspirations and dreams obliterated is worse than having to live in poverty in my opinion. Poverty is bad, but at least a child still has hope that he/she will one day escape it through education and hard work. To have no hope of ever doing what makes you happy is crushing.

That makes me wonder, has Kelly posted an update about her neighbors? The ones whose father was killed in the tornado? What are they doing for money now? Has the son "finished" his education and stepped up as primary breadwinner? Has the mother remarried? Is the "body of Christ" supporting them, and building them a brand-new house with shabby chic decor? Or are we just ignoring that situation because empty platitudes don't hold up in reality?

I don't think Kelly has posted an update on the Lee family. She mentioned them a couple of times after the tornado. There was a website that collected money for the Crawfords, Lees, and another fundie family. I found Sherry Lee's blog. After the tornado, Sherry and her kids first stayed with friends, then her mom and then some friends set up the family in a house. On the blog last summer Sherry talked about the older boys and volunteers restoring the "Railroad House" which was a bit vague. They recently moved into the house they restored. As for money, Sherry mentioned getting monetary and food donations. I think Sherry probably got a lot of freebies and help like Kelly did. But I get the vibe that Sherry was more grateful for help than Kelly.

This is Sherry's blog but it isn't updated often.

barnhousenews.blogspot.com/

I don't think Kelly has posted an update on the Lee family. She mentioned them a couple of times after the tornado. There was a website that collected money for the Crawfords, Lees, and another fundie family. I found Sherry Lee's blog. After the tornado, Sherry and her kids first stayed with friends, then her mom and then some friends set up the family in a house. On the blog last summer Sherry talked about the older boys and volunteers restoring the "Railroad House" which was a bit vague. They recently moved into the house they restored. As for money, Sherry mentioned getting monetary and food donations. I think Sherry probably got a lot of freebies and help like Kelly did. But I get the vibe that Sherry was more grateful for help than Kelly.

This is Sherry's blog but it isn't updated often.

barnhousenews.blogspot.com/

I think she posted on FB that the Lee family moved to TN.

Did anyone else notice the link to a new SAHD blog?

http://silkandpurple31.blogspotdotcom/p ... -blog.html

No dreams for these girls so they might as well prostitute themselves on a blog to attract a husband... because lets face it, that's what these girls are REALLY doing w/ these blogs. That and killing the many hours in their day.

Like, I'm glad they're considering college for their daughters (even if probably some College Minus bullshit), but really? By the time they are homeschooling mothers, the laws will have changed to mandate college education for everyone? The COMMIE INDOCTRINATION MACHINE!!!!!!!! rolls on.

I think they mean that by the time their daughters are mothers, college education will be mandatory for those who homeschool their children, not that everyone would have to have a college education.

Archived