IGNORED

Lauren - Saint Peter climbed Mount Everest first! Eleventy!

Daenerys

I really don't know what to say to this... Lauren doesn't even provide anything that looks like 'evidence' from the Bible and yet claims St Peter was the first person to scale M. Everest... without oxygen or thermals presumeably? Also, don't forget that she is a better Christian than everyone else ;)

Did you know the history books have it wrong? Peter was actually the first to summit Mt. Everest, and he reveled in the pinnacle. He declared from his place on its peak, “Even if all are made to stumble, yet I will not be. (Mark 14:29)†And Christ had declared that instead of being Simon Peter, he was now Peter, the rock (Matthew 16:16-19).

He was prepared to forgive his friend seven times (Mt. 18:21). He was not the one dipping with Christ in the dish, the one who would betray Christ. He had his feet washed, and begged Christ to wash his hands and his head as well (John 13:9).

The pinnacle of Mt. Everest is where I plant myself much of the time. “Even if all are made to stumble, yet I will not be.†I have forgiven those who have wounded me the most. I have not turned my back on Christ and family like others have. I even serve others with joy after the example of Christ. I have standards, and conservative ones, and I am more devout than many of the lukewarm Christians in America.

onebrightcorner.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/beware-mt-everest.html

I consider myself to have standards and conservative ones at that. But I hope that I don't go around telling everyone about how great I am and how everyone should be more like me. Humility is a virtue :)

Archived