IGNORED

Stanley Cup Playoffs

slickcat79

I'm rooting for St. Louis. Go Blues! And Ottawa. Go Sens!

The wins today went pretty much like I expected. Pittsburg was screwed when they let in the second goal. Philly was plaing hard. Quick is going to steal the series for LA. I don't expect Vancouver to get very far without Daniel Sedin. I'm not all that invested in the Detroit-Nashville series but I did watch parts of it earlier and it's definitely going to be a nail biter. Weber's hit in the last two seconds of the game was so unnecessary.

I'm a lifelong Red Wing fan, and they will always be my #1 team. About 4 years ago I was dating someone who was a Bruins fan, so I started following them as well.

I'm rooting for St. Louis. Go Blues! And Ottawa. Go Sens!

The wins today went pretty much like I expected. Pittsburg was screwed when they let in the second goal. Philly was playing hard. Quick is going to steal the series for LA. I don't expect Vancouver to get very far without Daniel Sedin. I'm not all that invested in the Detroit-Nashville series but I did watch parts of it earlier and it's definitely going to be a nail biter. Weber's hit in the last two seconds of the game was so unnecessary.

Sigh...they always do. Pens need to remember that Philly's pretty damn good at coming back from being down, since their goalies don't have Luongo Syndrome. Agreed about Quick. I have the Kings beating the Canucks on my bracket, which may not be entirely realistic, but a girl can dream, right? ;)

Sigh...they always do. Pens need to remember that Philly's pretty damn good at coming back from being down, since their goalies don't have Luongo Syndrome. Agreed about Quick. I have the Kings beating the Canucks on my bracket, which may not be entirely realistic, but a girl can dream, right? ;)

Canucks are boned. They can't even blame it on Lou. They just look so utterly lost without Daniel Sedin. The Hodgeson trade looks so bad right about now. Vancouver, prepare for the riot shortly.

Pittsburg is also boned. I don't know what happened but the odds aren't in their favour. Philly has always won when winning the first two games in a series. Their rookies are going to be fun to watch.

Canucks are boned. They can't even blame it on Lou. They just look so utterly lost without Daniel Sedin. The Hodgeson trade looks so bad right about now. Vancouver, prepare for the riot shortly.

:lol:

Pittsburg is also boned. I don't know what happened but the odds aren't in their favour. Philly has always won when winning the first two games in a series. Their rookies are going to be fun to watch.

I know, right? I don't know what happened either, although I hated this matchup from the start. With Philly and Pitt having 2 games against each other in the last week of the season, and knowing they would be up in the first round, it creates too much friction for them to just focus on playing hockey. Add in the history of the rivalry and "defections" by Jagr/Talbot/Asham...I just didn't like the emotion level leading up to the series.

The only thing that makes me happy is that, barring vast improvement from Bryz and the D, the flyers will not make it out of the next round. In any other series, letting in 4-5 goals is a guaranteed loss. The flyers have fantastic offense, but I don't know if they can realistically beat Lundqvist, Thomas or even Braden Holtby, who has impressed the hell out of me so far. I'll probably be turning a good bit of my attention to the Caps/Bruins series at this point :)

My team is the defending Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins! And the Phoenix Coyotes. Bruins are from my childhood, Coyotes from my present location. And, it's not like I'm cheating on either team, they're in different divisions.

It's so funny watching the HF Boards. Pittsburgh and Vancouver fans want fire sales. Everything must go! Some Oiler fan suggested Yakupov + another first rounder for Malkin. :lol:

With Pittsburgh falling I wonder who the sports bloggers will flock to. My guess is someone in the east, probably NYR. I wish Ottawa would beat them though. My adopted hometown. Weeeee

Well, the Canucks and Penguins live to see another game at least.

My dream of a Vancouver-Ottawa final (to see Bettman turn blue) is pretty unrealistic at this point, but you never know.

I do like Nashville.

I hope there won't be any rioting in Vancouver. It makes the city look so bad. I was appalled when it happened in Montreal, but they riot when the team WINS- go figure.

Hockey? Did I hear someone mention... hockey?

!!!!!!!!!!GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband is a Bruins fan.

My sister is cheering for the Predators.

Everyone else cheers for the Canucks.

My team is on life support.

Stress.

Good luck to the rest of you guys and your teams. (My not-so-secret-wish is to see the Penguins get knocked out of this round so Crybaby Crosby can sob on camera. But not before one of the Flyers scores a hat trick and Crybaby tells one of the officials to make an announcement for the fans to stop throwing hats.)

i can't edit my post above but just realized my Cosby comments were a total dick move in light of the Pens fan(s) here. All I can say is I've had too much sugar and my hockey passions are at a fever pitch. (If it helps to know, my husband is a big Crosby fan and I'm already in trouble for my big mouth.). I will now shut my cupcake-hole and wish you all good luck and good day. And good shots-on-goal.

[sorry]

i can't edit my post above but just realized my Cosby comments were a total dick move in light of the Pens fan(s) here. All I can say is I've had too much sugar and my hockey passions are at a fever pitch. (If it helps to know, my husband is a big Crosby fan and I'm already in trouble for my big mouth.). I will now shut my cupcake-hole and wish you all good luck and good day. And good shots-on-goal.

[sorry]

Lol :lol: I appreciate this. People aren't going to stop mocking Sidney Crosby, but it is kind of...lowest-common-denominator to call Sid a whiner when there are so many other criticisms we could level at the Pens right now. Like, goaltending. Or Paul Martin. Or we could look at Sharpie for awhile.

pretty%2520sharpie.jpg

Mmmm :drool:

Congrats on the Blues win last night!

Ohhhh Sharpie. Ogling him feels too incestuous for me, but I love that he's appreciated. :D

Holy crap, it's a Baby Jesus Miracle. Pens survive another day, and Fleury remembered how to play hockey. Oh, Claude Giroux is SO MAD and Staalsy gets a star :dance:

Congrats on the Blues win last night!

Ohhhh Sharpie. Ogling him feels too incestuous for me, but I love that he's appreciated. :D

He's highly appreciated by me. I like the Hawks, but I loved their Cup team. The fire sale made me sad, especially the breakup of Sharpish. I really hope they can pull it out tomorrow.

He's highly appreciated by me. I like the Hawks, but I loved their Cup team. The fire sale made me sad, especially the breakup of Sharpish. I really hope they can pull it out tomorrow.

The Blackhawks had no choice but to break up the team. That was a salary cap nightmare.

Now Detroit and San Jose are out. I hope the Kings put the Canucks out of their misery Tuesday. If this goes the full 7, the Cup won't be handed out until July at this rate. The reason they couldn't play earlier? Coldplay was booked for two nights at Rogers Arena. That is complete BS. That is against league rules to do so. Other acts have been kicked out of the sports venues when the playoffs start, why is Vancouver special? They could've done a back to back like Boston-Washington who had a game today and have a game tomorrow. I don't get why Vancouver gets to be special snowflakes. That is a week between Game 4 and Game 5. Ugh.

Go Ottawa! What an awesome game. I know they might not last against Boston or Florida, although I'm thinking Boston is about to be eliminated. Florida is hit or miss though but we will see. Jay Bo from Calgary must be regretting signing with Calgary right now. Signed for a better opportunity to get into the playoffs and... Hah.

I'm liking Ottawa. And Nashville. And St Louis.

As far as the concert and Vancouver goes, the same thing happened a couple of years ago in Montreal, if I'm not mistaken. And I seem to recall another delay due to an ice show- can't remember which city. I guess the arenas have a tentative playoff schedule, but no one knows the seeds, etc, so they book other events and work around them.

I'm liking Ottawa. And Nashville. And St Louis.

As far as the concert and Vancouver goes, the same thing happened a couple of years ago in Montreal, if I'm not mistaken. And I seem to recall another delay due to an ice show- can't remember which city. I guess the arenas have a tentative playoff schedule, but no one knows the seeds, etc, so they book other events and work around them.

I think exceptions have been made, Ottawa did have Dora the Explorer delay the game by one day. That's only one day, not a big deal in the scheme of things. However many other cities have had to boot acts to other venues when the playoffs happen. I remember it happened in Edmonton in 2006. All the concerts had to be moved to different venues per NHL rules. A week is absolutely ridiculous. It was plainly clear Vancouver was going to be the first or second seed for a while. A week is a pretty big deal and it smacks of special snowflake treatment.

The Blackhawks had no choice but to break up the team. That was a salary cap nightmare.

Now Detroit and San Jose are out. I hope the Kings put the Canucks out of their misery Tuesday. If this goes the full 7, the Cup won't be handed out until July at this rate. The reason they couldn't play earlier? Coldplay was booked for two nights at Rogers Arena. That is complete BS. That is against league rules to do so. Other acts have been kicked out of the sports venues when the playoffs start, why is Vancouver special? They could've done a back to back like Boston-Washington who had a game today and have a game tomorrow. I don't get why Vancouver gets to be special snowflakes. That is a week between Game 4 and Game 5. Ugh.

Go Ottawa! What an awesome game. I know they might not last against Boston or Florida, although I'm thinking Boston is about to be eliminated. Florida is hit or miss though but we will see. Jay Bo from Calgary must be regretting signing with Calgary right now. Signed for a better opportunity to get into the playoffs and... Hah.

Oh, yeah. I'm amazed the Hawks managed to balance the cap enough to even get through the one season. There would have been major trade action, win or lose.

I hadn't realized there was such a long break in the Kings/Canucks series :? I don't get to see many of the west coast games when they don't even start until 10-10:30 here. I'm surprised they couldn't manage to work the schedule a little bit better. Coldplay is already gone at this point, so why not a game today if they couldn't get it done last week? It's a weekend, so they could have it at any time, and I've seen them change an arena from ice to basketball in about 6 hours.

I think NBC Sports probably has some input into the scheduling too. They are showing all the games- they like to spread them out. They like to have afternoon games too. At least this year they won't have to worry about conflicts with the Triple Crown races.

Actually, looking at the schedule the Canucks are playing tonight at 8 EST. Still a pretty big gap, but not a full week.

RIP 2011-2012 Penguins :cry: Maybe next year...

Did anyone read the eulogy on Puck Daddy for the Red Wings? I'm no Wings fan, but I thought the Gordie Howe reference in particular was in very poor taste, not to mention whatever they pulled about Kostantinov.

Actually, looking at the schedule the Canucks are playing tonight at 8 EST. Still a pretty big gap, but not a full week.

RIP 2011-2012 Penguins :cry: Maybe next year...

Did anyone read the eulogy on Puck Daddy for the Red Wings? I'm no Wings fan, but I thought the Gordie Howe reference in particular was in very poor taste, not to mention whatever they pulled about Kostantinov.

As a Wings fan, I was ticked off. I can't stand St. Louis Game Time, and that eulogy epitomizes why. I really feel like they crossed a line, and should apologize to the Konstantinov and Howe families.

Anybody else here post over at Kuklas Korner?

As a Wings fan, I was ticked off. I can't stand St. Louis Game Time, and that eulogy epitomizes why. I really feel like they crossed a line, and should apologize to the Konstantinov and Howe families.

Anybody else here post over at Kuklas Korner?

I'm not at all familiar with the blog, but those comments just seemed to come out of left field. If it's a eulogy for the 2011-12 red wings, then why bring the old-timers into it at all...especially just to talk about a medical condition that afflicts millions and has nothing to do with hockey? I would think that any hockey fan could manage to drudge up some respect for one of the all-time greatest players of the game, regardless of who he played for :?

Archived