IGNORED

Santorum dropping out?

dawn9476

Coming out of LURKDOM to say that Frothy dropped out in Gettysburg - A BLOCK FROM MY HOUSE!

OMG! I can't believe this shot of good fortune happened literally in my backyard.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be hilarious if Josh just told people to write his name in. Duggar 2012! (Ewww, ewww, ewww!)

:icon-eek:

Damn! I'm on my phone and can't get the puke smilie

Glad to hear that he is gone, but I hope he isn't dropping out because the little girl's condition has worsened.

That he got this far scares me badly.

This x 100. Birth control and abortion and other women's issues that have been settled since the 60's and 70's shouldn't even be a part of the conversation in 2012. The religious right is scaring the crap out of me.

Hillary in 2016 with Rachel as vice pres!!

This x 100. Birth control and abortion and other women's issues that have been settled since the 60's and 70's shouldn't even be a part of the conversation in 2012. The religious right is scaring the crap out of me.

Hillary in 2016 with Rachel as vice pres!!

Yeah we aren't nearly in the clear just because he's gone.

It's a sort of frog slowly boiling situation. Santorum tested the water. There is, really, not that much outcry to Santorum and his ideals. So in 2016, if Obama is reelected, and there's a whole other 4 years to keep the conservative side in a frenzy, someone like him might get a lot more traction.

Thank God! Now I won't have to see the countless facebook posts from some of my Frothy supporting friends. Poor Smugger, I wonder if he will now eat himself into a food coma since he'll have to actually go back to "working" at the carlot.

Glad to hear that he is gone, but I hope he isn't dropping out because the little girl's condition has worsened.

It's clear to everyone (except Santorum supporters) that he's dropping out because he doesn't have enough votes and doesn't expect to get them, and losing Pennsylvania (again) would make him a laughing stock.

He's suspending the campaign to save face and pay down debt, but supporters like Joshie will probably write paragraphs on what a family man he is, putting aside his political ambitions to spend more time with his terminally ill daughter.

It's clear to everyone (except Santorum supporters) that he's dropping out because he doesn't have enough votes and doesn't expect to get them, and losing Pennsylvania (again) would make him a laughing stock.

He's suspending the campaign to save face and pay down debt, but supporters like Joshie will probably write paragraphs on what a family man he is, putting aside his political ambitions to spend more time with his terminally ill daughter.

I know I guess I should have said "partly because."

I suspect the residents of the TTH are all kneeling and praying and questioning gods will. :lol:

Oh to be a fly on the wall...

Nothing on the twitter or the instagram. Oh happy day!!

Well I don't know. I'd like to hear the tone of voice, see if maybe they hold an untyped conversation about whether they should go hardcore biblical and break out the sackcloth and ashes. :D

I don't think they have ever said. Trisomy 18 is usually lethal prior or shortly after birth, although there are some that do survive to adulthood, they are generally girls. She could be mosiacism, in which case that will depend on the percentage of cells affected.

According to wikipedia 1% live to the age of 10. About 1% of this 1% live to adulthood. The odds are against Bella. I do have sympathy for the santorum family. Its always hard to loose a child.

Well I don't know. I'd like to hear the tone of voice, see if maybe they hold an untyped conversation about whether they should go hardcore biblical and break out the sackcloth and ashes. :D

Well I was out foraging earlier and bought a prime rib and some charcoal. I should think I'll roast the fatted calf tonight. :lol:

If you encounter a Santorum supporter smugly explaining that Santorum dropped out of the race because of his sick child, feel free to point out that the Trisomy 18 diagnosis is nothing new, and Santorum knew Bella was terminally ill when he first decided to pursue the GOP nomination. George Takai posted something on facebook Santorum related, and there's a disturbing number of commenters who think this sudden illness of his daughter is why Santorum is no longer campaigning. :roll:

I expect Josh will need a few hours, may a night of prayer, before concluding that Santorum put his reponsibilities as a father first. It'll be all about his sick daughter, nothing to do with lack of votes or GOP pressure to get this settled so they can join together to attack Obama. Josh might even draw parellels between the Great Santorum and himself - he's a father who likes politics, Josh is a father who like politics. They could be twins!

If you encounter a Santorum supporter smugly explaining that Santorum dropped out of the race because of his sick child, feel free to point out that the Trisomy 18 diagnosis is nothing new, and Santorum knew Bella was terminally ill when he first decided to pursue the GOP nomination. George Takai posted something on facebook Santorum related, and there's a disturbing number of commenters who think this sudden illness of his daughter is why Santorum is no longer campaigning. :roll:

I expect Josh will need a few hours, may a night of prayer, before concluding that Santorum put his reponsibilities as a father first. It'll be all about his sick daughter, nothing to do with lack of votes or GOP pressure to get this settled so they can join together to attack Obama. Josh might even draw parellels between the Great Santorum and himself - he's a father who likes politics, Josh is a father who like politics. They could be twins!

Denial isn't just a river.

If you encounter a Santorum supporter smugly explaining that Santorum dropped out of the race because of his sick child, feel free to point out that the Trisomy 18 diagnosis is nothing new, and Santorum knew Bella was terminally ill when he first decided to pursue the GOP nomination. George Takai posted something on facebook Santorum related, and there's a disturbing number of commenters who think this sudden illness of his daughter is why Santorum is no longer campaigning.

Let's face it "I want to spend more time with my family until the next election cycle" is par for the course in these kinds of things. No one ever says "I looked at the numbers and I don't have the money or the votes to win it." Or, "Yeah I did sexually harrass that woman " "Let's face it, I'm unelectable and I have crazy eyes and a trainwreck closet case of a husband. Also the GOP doesn't really want women in power."

I bet she was getting sick because she was traveling around so much. Travel will stress anyone and drains the immune system.

Apparently, the DNC has an ad blitz in the works with all Santorum's attacks on Romney. It Santorum has endorsed Romney and is a major surogate for him when those start airing, it is going to see Ricky Boy backtrack on those.

Planned Parenthood put something on facebook about Santorum leaving the race.

More than one person has commented that even though his campaign is dead, Santorum should be forced to carry it to term. :D

Planned Parenthood put something on facebook about Santorum leaving the race.

More than one person has commented that even though his campaign is dead, Santorum should be forced to carry it to term. :D

I swear I want to walk over to the pharmacy dump my savings into morning after pills and hand them out on a street corner with little American flags :flags-usa:

And isn't it refreshing not to be smelling the frothy today :dance:

Yeah we aren't nearly in the clear just because he's gone.

It's a sort of frog slowly boiling situation. Santorum tested the water. There is, really, not that much outcry to Santorum and his ideals. So in 2016, if Obama is reelected, and there's a whole other 4 years to keep the conservative side in a frenzy, someone like him might get a lot more traction.

Yeah what really surprised me is the current GOP battle against contraception. Against abortion? What else is new, that's been their schtick since Reagan, also GOP Presidents never do much against abortion on a federal level while in power, naming Conservative judges notwhitstanding. If in 2004 someone would've told me that in 2012 a Republican candidate in their primary (polling in 2nd place, mind you) would make the battle against contraceptives his main schtick AND that Congressmen would fight against contraception in DC as well, I would've said that this person was paranoid...

If Obama is re-elected (I wish that he'll be given a 2nd mandate even if he disappointed me) maybe the GOP will find a nominee for 2016 with wacko ideas ala Santorum but with a better command of oratory and lots of charisma, and that would be super dangerous.

Ding dong the witch is dead....

Ding Dong, the froth is dead

Open your eyes, there's no more head

Ding Dong, the creepy froth is dead!

He's gone where the evil gays go

Below, Below, below, below

So close the campaign,

And ring the Morning After pill

Archived