IGNORED

Did I just agree with teh 700 club?

BelieveinScience

I came home to this on my tv and a girl wrote in that she wanted to join the military but her dad didn't want her to. Both of the hosts said that if she felt like that's what she really wanted to do then she should go for it and its a noble thing to do and her father just cares about her since he's her little girl.

I think thats the first time I've ever agreed with the 700 club.

Anyone else ever agree with anything they've said? I don't know if I should be nervous now or not ha!

TO THE PRAYER CLOSET WITH YOU!!!!!

On a slightly more serious note even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Pat and the 700 Club hosts have shown that they are ok with women working outside the home, getting an education, and joining the military etc. I remember a few years back they profiled a women police officer who was also a minister. The 700 Club at least respects women working in different fields. They would never bash a woman in the military. The PP and ZsuZu and other hardcore fundies will bash women in the military any chance they get.

Pat and the 700 Club hosts have shown that they are ok with women working outside the home, getting an education, and joining the military etc. I remember a few years back they profiled a women police officer who was also a minister. The 700 Club at least respects women working in different fields. They would never bash a woman in the military. The PP and ZsuZu and other hardcore fundies will bash women in the military any chance they get.

You know, this is depressing. That means Pat Robertson, for all his crazy, is far, far less crazy than most of the fundies we talk about here. I always assumed they were similar. Now I'm more worried than ever for the Botkin daughters, the Maxwell daughters, etc.

I suspect part of this- the respect for women in the military- is because the 700 Club is filmed in Virginia Beach, which is a heavily military community (as shown by nobody really getting angry over the F-18 crashing into the apartment complex last week, the possibility of something like that happening has always been accepted). Nobody would dare say a word against the armed forces or their members. Many people in the Hampton Roads area are in the military, and this includes women.

Plus, there's that woman who does quite a bit on the show- I cannot remember her name, but I expect that's why Pat doesn't have an issue with female ministers (even though I doubt the woman on the show is an ordained minister). Pat is Southern Baptist, and while SBs don't allow female ministers, they have zero problem with women being evangelists or missionaries.

I've always thought too that Pat was considerably less crazy than the Andersons, Botkins, Maxwells, and Duggars. He's said a lot of batshit crazy stuff, but as far as his actual beliefs go, actually isn't too far out of the norm. I can't stand the man, and I know he likes the Duggars, but I can't see him liking the Andersons at all.

I can see Pat agreeing with the Anderson on gays and Obama. But I can see him disagreeing with them on police officers, working women, the military, taxes, and other things. Pat is at least logical on stuff like that. I can see Pat and the other hosts laughing at ZsuZsu or her homegirl Jessica saying that women shouldn't be working.

Archived