IGNORED

Oh Boy!!! Getting ready to watch the Duggars have Breakfast!

Justme

CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :roll: They are LIVE on the Today Show. (4/9)

How many times have we seen the have b/fast???? The Today Show is really scraping the bottom of the barrel today. Isn't there some actual NEWS to report?!?!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would think they'd only do this if there was news. Guess we'll find out. It doesn't start for another 6 minutes here in TX

Yeah, I'm amazed that this is "news". Also they keep cutting to them every 5 minutes hyping it up. There really must not be any other news.

They are already up! I want to see them get the kids up. Oh wait! The girls get Jimbob and Michele up. This looks like it will be stupid.

They are already up! I want to see them get the kids up. Oh wait! The girls get Jimbob and Michele up. This looks like it will be stupid.

Idon't get why they do that? Laundry, cooking... etc... ????

Don't worry Josh should be there if there is food . First he will go to McDonald's then come to the house

Just said they were gonna check back in with the Duggars. So there's more? The M3 announcement, maybe?

And what an awkward family hug.

Just said they were gonna check back in with the Duggars. So there's more? The M3 announcement, maybe?

And what an awkward family hug.

Did they? I closed the window now...

I'm so impressed. Watching their perfect little angels eat breakfast, what a treat!

Man will these people EVER go away?

Did you click the second link listed above? It showed their grocery list for one day. I seriously doubt they are eating salad and watermelon. I've never seen them do that. I remember one of the kids getting in trouble for taking blueberries.

Did anyone hear the grey haired guy on the show mispronounce their name just a minute ago? The "Doogers"!

A couple comments so far...

Based on Jana's absence from the photo I guess she really is at Journey.

In the second picture Jill is wearing a new shirt, but are Josiah and Jinger in the same clothes. What happened here?

Jessa needs to lay off the self tanner.

If you go on the Today show page you should read some of the comments from people

Someone said they are turning on GMA

So, they have an article where the entire point is: OMG, look how much money it takes to feed all these people!!! But then they have items on the shopping list like "2 pans of brownies"...how do you buy brownies in a pan? I feel like I may have seen something like that, where you buy the raw brownie mix already in a pan, and you just take off the wrapper and bake it. It was ridiculously expensive compared to just buying a box mix. Also "family-size bags of lettuce" instead of just chopping some heads of lettuce. I'm not hating on convenience food by any means, but you pay a premium for the convenience. It's not like we're talking about parents with multiple busy jobs and no time for cooking, or a lack of space to cook in. They have 2 kitchens, and at least 7 adults living in the house. If they're going to glorify homemaking as the only possible job option for their daughters, they should at least teach them to not suck at it :roll:

So, they have an article where the entire point is: OMG, look how much money it takes to feed all these people!!! But then they have items on the shopping list like "2 pans of brownies"...how do you buy brownies in a pan? I feel like I may have seen something like that, where you buy the raw brownie mix already in a pan, and you just take off the wrapper and bake it. It was ridiculously expensive compared to just buying a box mix. Also "family-size bags of lettuce" instead of just chopping some heads of lettuce. I'm not hating on convenience food by any means, but you pay a premium for the convenience. It's not like we're talking about parents with multiple busy jobs and no time for cooking, or a lack of space to cook in. They have 2 kitchens, and at least 7 adults living in the house. If they're going to glorify homemaking as the only possible job option for their daughters, they should at least teach them to not suck at it :roll:

I figured they were talking about those yucky store-prepared 8x8" tin pans of "brownies". There's so little food in there that they can't be too expensive. Plus, can you imagine the Duggars using the oven to prepare the ones you're talking about? That'd be, like, almost cooking!

Like you, though, I'm bugged by how little they actually cook. I'd kill for an industrial kitchen like they have (not that I'd have much use for it, but STILL) and the jerks are letting it just sit there unused, except to prepare the odd tater tot casserole or weird looking batch of cookies.

Well. That was...underwhelming. They sat and ate for 5 minutes.Nothing of any consequence was said unless you are really invested about who does dishes and Jills gravy making skillz.

I just watched that clip of the Savanah woman eating breakfast with them. Did they actually use real plates??? Even Reverend famous guy only got paper plates and tater tots.

Like you, though, I'm bugged by how little they actually cook. I'd kill for an industrial kitchen like they have (not that I'd have much use for it, but STILL) and the jerks are letting it just sit there unused, except to prepare the odd tater tot casserole or weird looking batch of cookies.

Me too. I cook nearly every day for my 5 kids and husband. I would be embarrassed to have chosen to stay at home with my children and then feed them pre-made brownies and foods from a box regularly. Regardless of what they do with their lives, all of my kids, of both genders, will know how to cook basic things because there's just no excuse not to. Cooking the basics isn't even hard, and it's sure as hell friendlier on the budget. The Duggars are a joke on the frugality front when it comes to food.

They use the nice kitchen for parties, church events/gatherings and other events they have hosted over the years.

I noticed the real plates too. Also, nothing to drink and no one's ever told the kids to wait until everyone has their food

Archived