IGNORED

Simply Keeping Home? Have we discussed this yet?

Koala

The Easter post led me to this blog:

simplykeepinghome.blogspot.com/

She has a cringe worthy section on husbands (all the typical shit). Here's a sample:

simplykeepinghome.blogspot.com/search/label/Husbands

This statement caught my eyes:

"My reverence (fear mingled with respect and esteem) for my husband is something I give freely to my husband."

Seriously, she fears her husband! Seriously. I'm gobsmacked. It's not that I don't think most of these women/children are living in fear, I'm just shocked she actually admits to the emotion.

This statement caught my eyes:

"My reverence (fear mingled with respect and esteem) for my husband is something I give freely to my husband."

Seriously, she fears her husband! Seriously. I'm gobsmacked. It's not that I don't think most of these women/children are living in fear, I'm just shocked she actually admits to the emotion.

She's got pages full of this shit. That's why I was surprised she hasn't been mentioned here before.

I wonder what the hell it would take for fundie women to see that this kind of nonsense is not what happens when you have a healthy relationship with another person.

Taking a little break from studying to read this blog. Anyone see her curriculum for her two sons?

Her Sophmore has KJV Bible study, Creationist Biology, Saxon Algebra, Alpha Omega LA Grade 11 and History Grade 11, Worldly Wise (Vocab), Piano, Typing and French. So he's going math, English, history, sort of science, music, computer, language and religion study.

Her 8th Grader has KJV Bible study, AO LA and History, WW (Vocab), Piano, Typing and French.

Notice anything off about her 8th Grader's curriculum?

No science at all. :shock:

Gotta love this gem of hers too

Here's another vivid example of a fool. They utter all their mind. Sound familiar? We women are prone to being emotional and talkative, so we must be especially careful here. Don't open the flood gates and utter all that is on your mind! God deliberately endowed women with a greater capacity for communication and men with less. Choose your words carefully. The tongue is unruly especially when we are upset. So keeping it in "till afterwards" can save you a lot of grief and keep you from plucking your house down with your own hands.

Because men NEVER get upset and they NEVER speak their mind before thinking. I know men who are WAY more talkative than I am and far more social. Typical bs of women are emotional and not only that, she calls women fools for speaking their mind sometimes. Always "keeping it in" and never letting your SO know when something bothers you would cause far more grief than just admitting you aren't happy or don't appreciate something. It means making yourself unhappy for someone else constantly and often results in a lot of inner resentment, but sure, keep thinking that. Sometimes, when emotions are high, it's best to calm down and think about what's upsetting/bothering/causing you such anger before you react. That I agree with, but it's not a "women" issue, it's for everyone.

I think back with great admiration at how my husband deliberately chose a profession that gives him freedom and keeps him away from an office atmosphere where women-wolves prey on good men like him.

:lol: Sure, lady. Working women just love a misogynist man who thinks he's above them and that they are sinning by having a job outside of their home.

Women are wordy and to a man that is a character deficit.

So...women are talkative, which means they have a lot to say and that makes them wordy. God made women this way, but to men, talking a lot is a character deficit, so to men, all women are deficient? So God created women as deficient? Isn't that taking away the idea that God is omnipotent if he purposely created an entire gender as deficient? And men are apparently not deficient? So this is the reasoning that all women need men because they are deficient? Apparently they should never advise their husbands on anything, ever? He can advise her, but she can't advise him? Because she's all about emotion and talking and can't be logical apparently? All-righty then. :roll:

Fear? Fear?!? For her sake, I hope she never learns what it means to live in actual fear of a loved-one. And for her sake, I hope that she learns to be respected and loved as an equal partner.

Taking a little break from studying to read this blog. Anyone see her curriculum for her two sons?

Her Sophmore has KJV Bible study, Creationist Biology, Saxon Algebra, Alpha Omega LA Grade 11 and History Grade 11, Worldly Wise (Vocab), Piano, Typing and French. So he's going math, English, history, sort of science, music, computer, language and religion study.

Her 8th Grader has KJV Bible study, AO LA and History, WW (Vocab), Piano, Typing and French.

Gotta love this gem of hers too

Because men NEVER get upset and they NEVER speak their mind before thinking. I know men who are WAY more talkative than I am and far more social. Typical bs of women are emotional and not only that, she calls women fools for speaking their mind sometimes. Always "keeping it in" and never letting your SO know when something bothers you would cause far more grief than just admitting you aren't happy or don't appreciate something. It means making yourself unhappy for someone else constantly and often results in a lot of inner resentment, but sure, keep thinking that. Sometimes, when emotions are high, it's best to calm down and think about what's upsetting/bothering/causing you such anger before you react. That I agree with, but it's not a "women" issue, it's for everyone.

:lol: Sure, lady. Working women just love a misogynist man who thinks he's above them and that they are sinning by having a job outside of their home.

So...women are talkative, which means they have a lot to say and that makes them wordy. God made women this way, but to men, talking a lot is a character deficit, so to men, all women are deficient? So God created women as deficient? Isn't that taking away the idea that God is omnipotent if he purposely created an entire gender as deficient? And men are apparently not deficient? So this is the reasoning that all women need men because they are deficient? Apparently they should never advise their husbands on anything, ever? He can advise her, but she can't advise him? Because she's all about emotion and talking and can't be logical apparently? All-righty then. :roll:

WTF is Saxon Algebra? some sort of curriculum? I have this mental image of medieval saxons sitting around a table lit with rush lights doing complicated equations on parchment with feather quills....

It started out sorta okay, but then degraded into submissive and fearful wife territory.

I have to give it to her on one point. My FH gets me flowers (oftentime these super huge elaborate ones from Costco). So I always say something like "aw shucks you shouldn't have" so he also stopped... We had to talk about the fact that was just my natural response to getting an unexpected gift.

It irritates me that she was so thankful over past their prime yellow roses (when she should have gotten fresher red roses) were her big romantic gift on her birthday along with a money management book and a pen. I'm not saying gifts should be pricey or elaborate. But, couldn't he have left the grocery store and gone to a florist or another grocery and found fresher flowers and the wanted red roses? And does she not get flowers for no reason once in a while? If you are managing the house and giving birth to the children a little token here and there seems called for.

It would awesome for all of us to be happier and more excited about the little things. I know I have a hard time being happy with what I have. But, these fundie women seem to express this level of reduced expectations and express so much excitement in regards to whatever crumbs they get. But, I get the feeling its all an act and they are, in fact, bitter and resentful and exhausted.

I don't think this is limited to fundie women of course, but it seems to be very common with them. You can hear it in their writing. They try to justify their crappy husbands and make other women who don't accept the crappiness of their husbands to look like selfish harlots.

See, the solution to this problem here is mandatory gay marriage for all. He wouldn't have to consider this character deficit if he were gay married!

Maybe this woman's husband could have a taste of this fear mingled with respect and esteem if he were partnered with a 1.9m tall bodybuilder. Wouldn't that be just as nice for him?

I don't see any math, either, or am I missing it? The whole 8th grade curriculum seems full of gaping holes to me.

WTF is Saxon Algebra? some sort of curriculum? I have this mental image of medieval saxons sitting around a table lit with rush lights doing complicated equations on parchment with feather quills....

:laughing-rolling: Yes, it's just the brand name of the curriculum (I once toyed with the idea of homeschooling and that was one curriculum that kept popping up in my research). I will now always think of Hagar the Horrible doing his math homework in a thatched hut before being allowed to go on a berserker rampage with his father. :laughing-rolling:

Ya know, I get the respect and esteem part of all this holding your man in "reverence;" if you don't have respect and esteem for him, why the hell are you with him? But fear? Not quite so much. :?

Been reading this one tonight and wow. Fear.....umm I have respect and esteem for my husband, I think he rocks most of the time, but have never once feared him. Now I grew up in a home where we feared my dad, and my mom feared him, and we spent our life walking on eggshells just trying not to cause the slightest upset, so I cringe when I read that. No one should feel fear of any sort from their significant other. It makes me wonder what is going on in real life. My dad while not physically abusive was extremely verbally, mentally, and emotionally abusive.

As for the homeschooling- Saxon math is actually pretty well known. I have looked into it. I was reading about some of the books she does not allow in her house- Alice in Wonderland, The Chronicles of Narnia, and as a book lover I cringe. My DD is 5 and has already gone through 2 of those series. Literature is such an important part of schooling in my opinion. With out knowing and reading the great works you miss so many slight references in life. I admit I am a bit of a book-a-holic, as is my husband and daughter, but that was the part of her homeschooling that really got to me. I also can't imagine teaching my DD science with those texts, but I do know plenty of homeschoolers who use them. DD loves science to much and is I guess and ebil evolutionists since she was explaining the history of the world from 4.5 billion years ago to now to my mom in the car the other day and included the evolution of species and man LOL. My mom's face rocked!

PS= excuse any spelling typos etc tonight....I just took a major dose of allergy meds and may fall asleep while typing LOL

She has a Thomas Kinkade tapestry. It made me LOL

Better get it authenticated (he signed partially with his own blood). She likely got a cheap knockoff from home shopping.

I didn't see any English grammar/lit in the kids' curriculums, either.

As far as fearing her husband, I pity her. Not a sign of a healthy marriage.

The day I have to fear my husband to live in peace is the day I pack up my kids and we walk out the door. What a sad way to live.

I have to wonder if these women have any idea what a genuinely happy, egalitarian marriage looks like.

Do they truly believe that there is no middle ground between being a total doormat, and being a shrew?

Do they realize that they are encouraging some really crappy passive-aggressive behavior and lack of communication?

Look, the basics of a marriage between equals is not hard. Each spouse loves and respects the other. Period. That means, among other things, that NEITHER parent undermines the other, and that issues between the parents are not discussed in front of the kids.

It also means that if something is bothering one spouse, they should mention it - nicely - to the other spouse, so that it can be discussed. If I say "everything's fine", my husband should be able to know that I mean it, and that I don't mean, "I think you are completely wrong, but I won't say anything because I think that it's sinful to do so, so I'll just pray that you realize your mistakes before things go massively wrong and I sit there like a martyr, making you totally responsible for the failure and thinking Told You So even though I never actually said anything."

Ugh, These women are unbelievable. The worst part is that they teach their daughters to be submissive and fearful and their sons that they can do no wrong b/c they are men!

What on earth do they think this will accomplish? Everyone is wrong at least sometimes, and women have just as much ability to be right as men. At what point do they actually think a relationship should go until they are "allowed" to speak up?

I wonder how many of these women deal with adultery, and abuse. How many have to go without the basics because they aren't allowed to ask for enough money to run the household? Submissive women need not be fundie either, I see it in secular acquaintances all of the time and just don't get it.

I can't imagine spending my life watching my somewhat clueless FH make one mistake after another without ever helping him get it right b/c it might emasculate him. I think I'd grow to hate him, despite him being a wonderful guy.

Why do these fundie housewife blogs have to have so many graphics and crap all over them. The pages take FOREVER to load. I guess they do that so us godless heathens will give up. I guess they did what they set out to accomplish.

Should we have broken the links to this blog?

Disclaimer: Both I, and my kids were educated in public schools; I have never homeschooled.

However-

As I understand it from some who have homeschooled- Saxon math is supposed to be a pretty comprehensive math curriculum for homeschooling, much more rigorous and complete than some for math. (Keep my disclaimer in mind...)

Disclaimer: Both I, and my kids were educated in public schools; I have never homeschooled.

However-

As I understand it from some who have homeschooled- Saxon math is supposed to be a pretty comprehensive math curriculum for homeschooling, much more rigorous and complete than some for math. (Keep my disclaimer in mind...)

I tried Saxon math when my kids were younger, didn't like it. The cyberschools here mostly use Saxon.

I browsed her blog last night, get more into it today. In a nutshell,I love how women should just suppress everything like a robot and follow their man around. Sorry, not happening. :dance:

She probably draws the fear thing from how these women conflate their husbands with god. If you're not fearing your god, UR DOING IT RONG.

I don't see any math, either, or am I missing it? The whole 8th grade curriculum seems full of gaping holes to me.

Huh, I would have sworn I typed the math. He does have math. Saxon 8/7 or something. I triple checked for a science though. Nothing. I didn't really have science in 8th Grade either, but that's because we got a new principal who let people do whatever they wanted, my science teacher got "hurt" from October to June, we got a sub and she didn't really want to teach so we watched music videos instead. I was way behind in science when I got to high school and so was everyone else in my grade. Of course, I called that a crappy year and I'm calling this woman a crappy homeschool teacher. She's doing her child a major disservice by not giving him science.

I'm also curious that both her sons are learning French and Piano. Me thinks she's trying to be "sophisticated", but is that what they want to learn? Nothing wrong with French, but if they're in the US, I'd think Spanish would be a more appropriate second language. After all, it's the second most common language spoken in the states. If they're in or around Canada, French would be more appropriate. I guess Spanish doesn't have that "elegant" flare that French supposedly does.

Ilovet-Yes, Saxon is a curriculum and a popular one. I think the local schools here use it as well.

Should we have broken the links to this blog?

It looks like a full link, but you can't click on it. I put a check by "Do not automatically parse URLs"

Ummmm... she thinks the Chronicles of Narnia are secret satanic messages for children and Lewis Carroll was Jack the Ripper? The crazy is strong in this one...

Her blog finally cemented a a vague notion that had been floating around in my head. These fundy types are very invested in public schools having no redeeming value whatsoever. They'll rewrite their own biographies so that public schools are cast in the worst light possible. It's not enough that public schools aren't "good enough" for their kids. They must be cesspools for every kid. I wonder why they're so emotionally invested in this piece of fiction.

Archived