IGNORED

Bella Santorum taken to the hospital.

dawn9476

It's breaking on twitter right now. She was taken there by her parents says Santorum's camp and they are asking for prayers.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's breaking on twitter right now. She was taken there by her parents says Santorum's camp and they are asking for prayers.

I hope she's ok. The one area where the Santorum family has my complete sympathy and prayers.

I hope she recovers quickly.

I also hope this isn't an easy way out of the campaign. I'm too cynical.

I must be a real bitch. I also hope that little girl is well, and that whatever's wrong gets sorted really really fast. Her parents have my total sympathy for what they are going through especially if she is seriously ill.

But my first thought was the same as yours, Vision.

I must be a real bitch. I also hope that little girl is well, and that whatever's wrong gets sorted really really fast. Her parents have my total sympathy for what they are going through especially if she is seriously ill.

So was mine. :oops:

I hope she recovers but unfortunately I don't think it's likely. She has already beaten the odds by making it this far though, so maybe she'll pull through again. It sure is nice for Santorum to be able to afford the best healthcare for her though.

I hope Bella is in no pain and is as comfortable as possible. Agree bananacat - she's lucky that her parents can afford the best healthcare and don't have to choose between getting her decent medical care or feeding the rest of the family.

How convenient, Santorum took a few days off from campaigning and now his daughter needs hospitalization. What could have been a scheduling nightmare, if he was on the road campaigning, won't occur. I'm more cynical than you. ;)

A post snuck in before mine, so fourthed on all sentiments. Bella first. But...

I hope she recovers but unfortunately I don't think it's likely. She has already beaten the odds by making it this far though, so maybe she'll pull through again. It sure is nice for Santorum to be able to afford the best healthcare for her though.

Even though she's made it this far, what are the prospects for how long she will live?

They also get to make a Duggaresqe anti-abortion rally out of anything that goes on with poor Bella.

I truly do feel for the Santorums on this account. I hope she recovers but the end can't be far. Poor thing. I hope she's comfortable.

Even though she's made it this far, what are the prospects for how long she will live?

I *think*the oldest person with her condition lived to be in their teens.

She's already beaten the odds by making it to three. Most trisomy 18 babies die before they are born. If they do live, the average expectancy is only a few days. Of course, because many people choose to terminate the pregnancy when they find out the child has this condition, there isn't a lot data about the possibility of making it past a few days.

According to Wikipedia only 1% of people with Trisomy 18 live to age 10. I hope for Bella's sake that she is one of those lucky few.

I'm sorry for the Santorums (as much as I despise them) because it must be truly awful to have a sick child.

I'm sorry for Bella that her parents use her as a pro-life prop and I hope that they give her life the dignity she deserves, should she pass at any point when they are in the public eye. Her value is more than the fact that she wasn't aborted and I hope they recognize that.

That snapped into my head immediately, too.

she was hospitalized a month or 2 ago to. Rick went to be with her and his wife was it in Denver?? I can't remember but they werent home that time. In fact the next day the Duggar family stood in for him at the campaign rally

I also hope that poor little girl recovers quickly. It's truly heartbreaking to think of all the pain and suffering she's had to endure in her short life.

I will never understand why they deliberately chose to sentence this child to a lifetime of pain and suffering.

Her value is more than the fact that she wasn't aborted and I hope they recognize that.

This.

did the news say why she is in the hospital? Last time she had pneumonia. I hope this isn't the case for her again. I'm really not at all familiar with her condition, does she have any physical challenges or is it a form of being developmenally delayed, to where she'll eventually catch up to other children as she grows up?

Archived