IGNORED

Have You Feminist Habits?

Deleted07

:shock:

trainingdaughtersteachingwives.com/?p=215 :?

well I'm 6 for 6 and going to hell.... :twisted:

Hmmm...

1. Unfortunately, since I'm still in school, I still rely on my parents to help pay my rent and tuition, BUT I can take care of my day to day needs: car matinence; monitoring my meds; submitting all my grad school apps, fees, and forms on time; doing my own laundry and cleaning; making all my own appointments (hair, chiro, dentist, etc.); going to my jobs and classes on time; submitting my coursework on time; and when I was abroad, grocery shopping, trip-planning, and cell phone bill paying. Oh! I'm also the first-aid lady and bug killer in my friend group!

2. In school (about to get my Bachelor's, then headed straight to grad school to enter a two-year Master's program) so I may HAVE a professional career. Right now I work retail and childcare, though. Is that suitably feminine enough? Eh, probably not.

3. Well, in nearly all my classes, we are each required to lead discussions or give presentations on our term paper research topics, and since I go to a co-ed college, I guess that counts? Right now I'm doing a projects on the connections between eating disorders and female fertility and Christianity's role in modern-day Japanese culture. It's fun to lecture, I love being a smarty-pants!

4. "men are..." some of my dearest friends; who I'm sexually attracted to; generally taller than me; able to pee standing up; unlikely to wear bras; and authors of some of my textbooks. Did I forget anything?

5. Pro-choice is my CAUSE, yo. My dream is to become Cecilie Richards' right-hand advisor on public health issues that affect women. It's in my blood: my mom sat on the board of her local PP before she had me and my brother; she was 19 at the time of Roe. Now she's helping me get involved!

6. Yes and no: Pregnancy actually sounds incredibly unpleasant, and I'm not sure I could handle being pregnant, since besides all the hormones and bloating and nausea, I'd have to go off my anti-anxiety drugs (they're known to cuase birth defects), and I don't think I can handle life without them, at least right now. However, I am definitely going to be a mother someday, hopefully through adoption, and I love working with children. I absolutely love babies and all kids. I just know I'm not ready to have them yet.

I should also mention that I'm not sure I ever want to get married, and I dare fart and burp in front of men. I also enjoy sex in the right environment (for me), and I'm not ashamed of that fact.

And I think I'm one of those "pretty" feminist that lil' ol' Phyllis was ranting about: I dress exclusively in women's clothes, wear a good bit of makeup, have long hair, shave my legs, etc. All the better to trick the menz! (Actually, I just wear makeup cause I likes it. Lipsticks are like my toys!)

So...5.5/6? Maybe? It's a bit nebulous, since I'm still kind of a "kid" due to my college status, but I have feminism coming out my arse. :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are some feminist habits today that Christian women walk in?

independence and self-sufficiency

going to college to have a career

teaching or preaching at men

attitudes that “men are…. (fill in the blank)â€

taking a pro-choice stand

hating or having a dismal, negative attitude toward pregnancy or children

I (don't really) love how it treats little things like having a roof over one's head and a decent education are just bad habits.

Hello, no.

I read this thread on DailyKos this morning about Phyllis Schlafley speaking to some cadets at The Citadel on not dating feminists: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/04/06/1081038/-Phyllis-Schlafly-gives-college-lecture-on-how-to-not-date-feminists?showAll=yes The Citadel is a "military" college in SC. Everyone has to take ROTC, but military service is not required. They do admit women, but only after Shannon Faulkner sued and the courts found in her favor.

She says, among other atrocious BS, that you have to be careful because some feminists are pretty/. Phyllis Schlafley, still putting the bat in batshit crazy after all these years.

Look out for those feminist sirens! They draw you in with their good hair and symmetrical features, then bash you against the rocks of equal pay and and non-discrimination! Don't let yourself be drawn in, boys!

My "feminist habit" is a pair of straight-leg jeans, a wrap top, a blazer, and some suede flats. Actually like what some orders of nuns wear.

1. Yes, I am very independent, very self-sufficient and extremely happy!

2. Yes, I have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and have a rewarding career helping those in need.

3. Yes, as an employment coach I teach both men and women how to put their best foot forward.

4. Yes, I happen to think that men are awesome.

5. Hell yeah! I'm pro-choice!!

6. While I do enjoy being a mother, I HATED being pregnant! So yes, I do have a dismal, negative attitude to pregnancy!

Off to hell we go! Woo hoo!

1. No. I am a disabled and chronically ill SAHW/M.

2. I have no idea what to say to that. Went to college, dropped out, worked, returned, worked, et cetera, but I have no specific lifetime career and I'm probably done with school.

3. I will educate anyone on things I know about that they need to hear. This doesn't mean I have a habit of teaching or preaching at anyone.

4. Individuals are (fill in the blank).

5. For myself personally, no, but I do not vote against abortion because every person and situation is different, and if abortion is not legal, it will be practiced in unsafe ways.

6. No.

I can't tell what this is supposed to say about me.

1. They've always served me well.

2. see above

3. Teaching is sort of my job, but I dislike preaching. If I catch myself "preaching", I'm doing a bad job.

4. ...human beings, just like women. Go figure.

5. Yes, yes, yes! Do whatever you like with your body, as long as it's safe, sane and consensual.

6. Totally. I have a horrible attitude towards both. Pregnancy scares me, as do babies. The thought of having a child, and being responsible for their well-being, and moreover trying to turn them into a decent human being, scares the ever-loving crap out of me. But...I just gave up smoking in preparation to start "sprog 1". Dismal, negative attitude? It's been four days without a ciggy, you don't know what "dismal" means!!!

Yeah, totally going to go to hell.

Well yes, yes I do, and I am dang proud of it.

1. independence and self-sufficiency- I would say yes to this. While I am not self sufficient financially since I decided to put my career on hold so that I could meet my daughter's unique needs, I am extremely independent and self sufficient in my thoughts, actions, and every day decisions.

2. going to college to have a career- Umm, yes of course. I also have my Master's and am glad that I pursued it. I experienced a great deal of self growth through the process

3. teaching or preaching at men- Not really in the sense she speaks, but I do teach art to homeschoolers and my class includes many boys LOL.

4. attitudes that “men are…. (fill in the blank)â€- Yep and I have attitudes about everything else in the world too. LOL

5. taking a pro-choice stand- I am very pro-choice in every way!

6. hating or having a dismal, negative attitude toward pregnancy or children- For me this is a resounding yes on the attitude toward pregnancy considering I almost died from mine 5 years ago and still continue to have lasting issues from it. I have a very negative attitude towards me ever facing another pregnancy since the likelihood of me dying or being permanently disabled is great!

:shock:

trainingdaughtersteachingwives.com/?p=215 :?

well I'm 6 for 6 and going to hell.... :twisted:

I have a lot of feminist habits I didn't even know about! Though I'm not a Christian woman so perhaps my heathen ways mean i'm allowed these ebil habits. Let's see....

1. I pride myself on being independant and self-sufficient. Not always perfect in that area, but I try.

2. Just graduated from university and am attempting to launch my career

3. I preach at no one because I think that's rude, but I would teach men as often as I teach women.

4. Other then things like "men are human" I don't think men in general are a certain things. That's too much generalizing.

5. I am extremely pro choice. I am also pro mind your own damn business by which i mean other peoples' choices are non of my business.

6. Never been pregnant, but it does seem painful and unpleasant, so I probably wouldn't enjoy it. However I love kids and i intend to have some. I'd even endure pregnancy to have some. So nothing negative about children

Only 5.5/6...i'm not nearly hellbound enough for my tastes ;)

Not Christian, so she's got me in hell already, but I'll answer anyway:

1. Happily, yes!

2. Did so -- loved it, love my work.

3. I never preach. It is my job to teach, and that includes men as well as women and children. They pay me and everything!

4. . . . people. There is nothing feminist about her assumption, of course. In fact, having an attitude that puts men in a crammed little box is probably more likely from fundies than feminists!

I never find myself thinking they are all lust-filled and unable to control themselves when presented with any visual stimulus, or destined to be burdened with all of the financial responsibility in a family, or expected to be a Godly Headship, etc.

5. Yes, because I care deeply about people.

6. Again, nothing feminist about her ideas here. I spend most of my time with children, and adore doing so.

I'm sure pregnancy can be wonderful for some people. But bodies vary, and, for some, it is an uncomfortable or even dangerous experience they struggle through because they dearly want a child.

I think that making those people feel like they have to act like they just adore being pregnant and giving birth is cruel.

1. Hahaha! I laugh because if independence is evil for women, God created me expecting a feminist, so it's his fault. My parents will tell you I was born independent. I'm all about self-sufficiency.

2. Doing that right now. So evil. My parents are even more so since my "fatherly headship" required his daughters to get a college degree and work hard and have careers.

3. I don't "preach" at anyone. I have preaching and being preached it. It's annoying. I don't "teach" either, but gladly engage in conversations and debates with men. Guess I'm still going to hell

4. I don't like generalizations of a gender, but this statement is so easily manipulated. Men are human, people, many things and can't be generalized. Men are sometimes (fill in the blank).

5. Absolutely 100% pro-choice and proud of it.

6. I hate the thought of being pregnant and have a dismal, negative attitude toward pregnancy for myself. I don't hate it or have a dismal, negative attitude toward others who are pregnant. I don't hate or a dismal, negative attitude toward children, though I don't know if I'll ever have any of my own.

So, I think I'm about 4.5 on the scale. Either way, totally a feminist. Okay, I had to post here, but should be doing my homework so back to my research paper on gender and toy advertisements. OT, but hope anyone celebrating Easter has a hoppy dane.

5 for 6 (I love kids, but wouldn't dream of sacrificing my career to have them). Glad so many here will join me in hell.

Even though I am only giving myself a 4/6 - I plan on going to hell anyway. There is no way I want to spent eternity with the fundies we snark on here or with the sort of God who would condone fundie behaviour.

I don't think he does condone their behavior. I think they are seriously misguided at best, and not living under grace at all.

Not only do I do most of these (except for stereotyping the menz, but isn't that a straw man anyway?) but my daughters do them as well. That's right, fundie readers, my sweet little baby girls are being raised to speak their mind and get an education outside of mama's table.

Proud to be instilling feminist habits in the next generation. It's the least I can do after the kick-ass feminist upbringing I was 'blessed' with.

1. Yup. Although I was taught by my feminist father that when you find yourself in over your head, ask for help. Asking for help doesn't mean you aren't self-suficient, it means you have to decern who can best help you.

2. An MA and an MEd.

3. See 2

4. some of them are awesome, some of them are idiots. And I can say the same for women. I was taught in (ebil public) high school that generalisations are a bad idea so I don't do them (I'm convinced my high school history teacher will haunt me if I make them)

5. All the way. My body, my choice. Your body, your choice.

6. I've never been pregnant but I would like to give it a go. As far as children are concerned, some of my favourite people are children. But like with men and women some of them are not so nice. See 4.

Being agnostic I think I went straight to the HELL bus anyway but thought I would play none the less.

independence and self-sufficiency- I can no longer work, but previously worked from the time I was 17.

going to college to have a career- I never went to college but I did have a career that I enjoyed for the most part.

teaching or preaching at men- Well, I used to teach guitar to bring in extra money and because I loved doing it. Some of my students were, gasp, boys and men. Though, I guess all my guitars with their long necks really meant I was craving a penis. :roll:

My best friend of nearly 12 years is a man and we've both taught each other plenty of things.

attitudes that “men are…. (fill in the blank)†No. I believe most men are decent and good, despite my being both a lesbian AND a feminist. Shocking, I know. Although most fundies probably believe all feminists are dykes anyway.

taking a pro-choice stand- Yes. I daresay I'm more pro-life than most fundies, although we have vastly different meanings of the term. I'm pro-life in the sense that I care about the quality of life that people that are actually living have. I'm pro-choice because I would never dream of telling another woman what she can or can't do.

hating or having a dismal, negative attitude toward pregnancy or children- Not generally, though I'd never want to be pregnant or have my own children. Which is good I guess, because I can't have kids anyway. If other women want kids, awesome. As long as they don't have 20 of them and treat them like shit.

Edit. I'm not a christian or religious at all, but this looked like a fun little questionnaire anyway.

1. I have figured out how to be self-sufficient and work from home. It's common sense and insurance for my children, should something ever happen to my husband. See, fundies? It's not that big a deal, and you too can pull it off.

2. Went to university. Am taking courses online to build on my degree. Again, no big deal.

3. I don't like the idea of preaching at people, but I'm happy to teach them what I know, should they want to be taught. An important difference.

4. People who self-identify as men are men. Does this count?

5. An abortion saved my life, and I'm happy to be here. So are my three kiddies, who would not be here had the abortion not happened. Very Pro-choice.

6. Pregnancy and post-partum were both a living hell for me. I should have a medic alert bracelet with "pregnancy" listed as an allergy. However, I have no negative feelings against pregnancy or children in general.

Guess I'm going to the hot place. I suspect I'm in very, very good company.

Archived