IGNORED

Have You Feminist Habits?

Deleted07

:shock:

Evil truly took its form to the women as feminism took over and women were made to believe equal to men meant “like menâ€. God truly loves each of us as men and as women, and created us each differently for his purposes.

trainingdaughtersteachingwives.com/?p=215 :?

What are some feminist habits today that Christian women walk in?

independence and self-sufficiency

going to college to have a career

teaching or preaching at men

attitudes that “men are…. (fill in the blank)â€

taking a pro-choice stand

hating or having a dismal, negative attitude toward pregnancy or children

well I'm 6 for 6 and going to hell.... :twisted:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well I'm 6 for 6 and going to hell.... :twisted:

My mormon mother told me that as a child because I wanted to do something besides be a mother, nurse or teacher. Her side of the family fully supports this position.

I dedicated my masters in chemistry thesis to her. She once told me that women cant do chemistry. I said oh yeah, watch me.

Luckily my Dad and his side of the family are sane.

Hot stuff I'm 6 for 6 too!! Wow and I got 15 right on the religion quiz today. Does that mean I get ice cream?

Yes, but you have to share with this guy.

1PjWUk9kL4U

I'm 6 for 6. And my career is going to be an ebil doctor. I like kids but even if I decided I wanted kids I would never want to get pregnant, because I don't think it would be healthy for me. My body doesn't handle changes easily. Putting my health in front of my non-existant fetus's is obviously going to send me to hell.

Add "wanting political equality" and you'd have a shining example of a fundie understanding feminism better than the general public. Obviously #6 is not universal and #4 makes no sense, but it still beats the general public's understanding.

I can't say I've finished college, but I have about three years of college credits under my belt. Someday, I keep telling myself, someday I'll finish. But I still have a nice steady job and live on my own. All of this with a physical disability that I'm sure would have sentenced me to eternal daughterhood at home in any fundie family worth the name, scrubbing toilets for Daddy. I certainly would never be marriage material given my inability to pop 'em out at home. (Not dissing home birth. Am dissing irresponsible stupid home birth.)

And I'm hesitatant to say I'm six for six only because while I don't have or want kids and my particular medical issues would make pregnancy a Bad Idea anyway, I think other people's are awesome. I like kids. A coworker just had a baby girl at the end of March and I couldn't be happier for them. I've seen a few pics, she's freakin' adorable.

And I vote. Suck on that, fundies.

5.25 out of 6 for me, lol. I do not generalize all men . . . except for about a week each month when I would fill in the blank with nothing but mean words.

I'm not anti-child or pgcy( in fact, i'm so prochild that i don't believe kids should be inflicted w lousy parents)&I'm not anti-men. But I do take out my own trash...

I'm between 3-4 of the above, plus I wouldn't consider myself Christian. Yikes indeed

The "teaching or preaching at men" - I'm a mother, so I certainly teach my son and have done so every day of his life. I also preach at him from time to time :)

"men are ...." many things. "women are" many things as well.

I don't know too many women who hate or have a negative attitude towards pregnancy/children, but I have known some women who made a decision to remain childless. Their decisions usually had nothing to do with being a feminist. One is childless because she doesn't want to add to the population; another because she has health issues; and a third because she doesn't like kids and never has. Fundies don't like women who think for themselves, and any woman who has a brain, likes to use it, is classified as a feminist. To me, that's a compliment, so FU fundies. Ooops, I mean thank you lol.

Hmmm...

1. Nope. I married a man who does pretty much everything for me, and now I've forgotten how to do anything myself. This is a bad thing and something I need to remedy.

2. Haven't finished, but gone, yes (I also say I'll finish, someday, DistantStar!). A career? No, not at the moment. I have...issues...at the moment. They get in the way.

3. ETA: Oops, I missed #3. Teaching, yes. Preaching, no. Not at anyone. Not my style.

4. Hot? Sexay? :twisted: Incredibly useful? Nice to have around? Able to get stuff off the high shelves?

5. Oh, I fail hard here, according to this person.

6. Here too. Pregnancy is scary, and children sound like work.

I dedicated my masters in chemistry thesis to her. She once told me that women cant do chemistry. I said oh yeah, watch me.

Nice. :clap:

I guess I'm 5 for 6. I've got nothing against pregnancy, but if I had ever actually experienced pregnancy I might have. Don't have kids, don't plan to but don't dislike then. Though planning on not having them doesn't do much to keep my feminimity intact in these people's eyes. ;)

independence and self-sufficiency

going to college to have a career

teaching or preaching at men

attitudes that “men are…. (fill in the blank)â€

taking a pro-choice stand

hating or having a dismal, negative attitude toward pregnancy or children

1. Check.

2. Check.

3. Check

4. Useful? Nice to have around? Now if I said that I hate those men who want to take away my rights as a woman, especially when it comes to my body, then yes to that question.

5.Check.

6. While being childfree is the choice for me, I'm not against pregnancy or children if people are able to care for those children. I happen to enjoy being an aunt.

Either way, I know I'm going to hell.

1. Check

2. Check, and now I'm in grad school! Do I get an extra point for that?

3. Hey, some of them could use it.

4. Well, some men really are (fill in the blank). Am I supposed to deny what's right in front of me? I guess a fundie would answer yes.

5. Check +++++++

6. No, I love kids and want a couple myself one day. But just two, not 20. And see #5 - it's about choice. Being pro-choice is not about being anti-kid, it's about ensuring that every child is wanted, and then grows up to have the same freedoms.

From all the pregnancy/birth horror stories I've heard on here... who actually likes being pregnant? Free Jinger is the perfect birth control :?

And oh noes, feminist habits, I'm going to a non-existent place of torture and damnation :roll:

well i fail before getting jalfway. self sufficiant independant.... AND I HAVE A JOB!!!! DOING CONSTRUCTION WORK!!!!

I'm only at 4/6.

This concerns me slightly. Is there still hope for me?

Hum, I think I have some work to do. Only 3.5 for me. I love my kids but I hated being pregnant. Really glad I don't have to do that anymore now that we have our ungodly 2 kids.

I'm not anti-child or pgcy( in fact, i'm so prochild that i don't believe kids should be inflicted w lousy parents)&I'm not anti-men. But I do take out my own trash...

Feminists aren't anti-men, either. :)

What are some feminist habits today that Christian women walk in?

1. independence and self-sufficiency

2. going to college to have a career

3. teaching or preaching at men

4. attitudes that “men are…. (fill in the blank)â€

5. taking a pro-choice stand

6. hating or having a dismal, negative attitude toward pregnancy or children

1. I'm going to give this a yes because I am independent and have looked after myself for years but I have admit that my husband does an awful lot for me (including but not limited to opening jars and taking out the garbage)

2. definite yes to number two

3. yes to this too- I am often in a position to be team leader and have spent tons of time teaching male medical students, interns, residents

4. going to have to say no to this - I hate it when people generalize women so I don't generalize men (although I have been known to fling out a few generalizing bon mots in the midst of a heated argument or two or if I was feeling particularly bitchy)

5. yes

6.I would say no to this because while I have chosen to remain childless (and am very happy with my choice) I have no animosity towards pregnancy or children (as long as I don't have to do any of the work)

Even though I am only giving myself a 4/6 - I plan on going to hell anyway. There is no way I want to spent eternity with the fundies we snark on here or with the sort of God who would condone fundie behaviour.

Archived