IGNORED

Sister Wives upcoming season

chiccy

The new season of Sister Wives starts May 13. The current status of the family is that wife #4, Robyn, just gave birth to Solomon, her first child with Kody; she also offered to be a surrogate for her BFF, wife #1, Meri, who didn't decide whether she was willing (but let's just say it's likely, given that this is TV). They are all still basically unemployed after moving from one get-rich-quick business idea to another, including a stint at a pyramid scheme. A fitness training company (to go with the wives' own weight-loss "journeys") may be up next.

They are currently renting houses in Las Vegas but are "dreaming" of having a single big home...I anticipate a Duggar-style building project in the works.

I have also been hearing some noises about the Dargers, a rival polygamist family, getting their own show on TLC.

Is anyone planning to watch the new season of Sister Wives? What do we think will happen?

I watch this train wreck...I find them more real and enjoying then most other families on TV. I don't think Meri will take her up on the offer Cody mentioned before that he would do fertility treatments with her and she shut him down quick. I personally would of been offended of Robin's offer if I was Meri.

Does anyone know the status of Kody's lawsuit against the state of utah? He's trying to push through his right to be a polygamist under his right to worship his own way. Good luck with that.

Does anyone know the status of Kody's lawsuit against the state of utah? He's trying to push through his right to be a polygamist under his right to worship his own way. Good luck with that.

Its slowly working its way through the legal system. On some level, I do agree that consenting adults should be allowed to do what they want. I am just concerned about what would happen in the FLDS and other closed communities where child wives are common.

In reality, I think that their whole reason to leave Utah was silly. Utah has a basic policy of not prosecuting Polygamists. They only go after them if they are actively doing something criminal. Even then, they often leave them alone. They are afraid of the backlash they got after the short creek raid. Polygamy is a civil offense so most police just ignore it because it costs too much to prosecute. Also, the mormons are afraid of it coming to the news because then the world would see that they still believe in it. Its still practiced in heaven.

Bigamy in Utah can be charged even if there is only one legal marriage. Utah is a common law state. If you say your married in public, act married, and live together for more then 6 months, then, you are legally married. This of course only works for heterosexual couples. They dont want to let the gays marry.

In the end, the browns flashed their ass at the law. The law had to investigate it. You cant ignore it. Like I said, I doubt that the State would formally press charges.

I watch this show. It was fun in the beginning but it was sad to watch the family slowly come apart as a result of Kody's stupid idea to move to Las Vegas. I like everyone but Kody and Robin. If you got rid of those two, the show would be so much better.

I predict that Meri won't take Robin up on her offer but Robin will still become pregnant again within the year.

In the end, the browns flashed their ass at the law. The law had to investigate it. You cant ignore it. Like I said, I doubt that the State would formally press charges.

I don't know; it seems like Utah has a de facto don't-ask-don't-tell policy, but a family's having the gall to do it on TV is a different story. I think it would make sense for the state to prosecute them if only to uphold the principle that polygamy is, in fact, illegal in their state. Of course, I hate the Browns (mostly Kody and Robyn) so that could be why I think so...

I don't know; it seems like Utah has a de facto don't-ask-don't-tell policy, but a family's having the gall to do it on TV is a different story. I think it would make sense for the state to prosecute them if only to uphold the principle that polygamy is, in fact, illegal in their state. Of course, I hate the Browns (mostly Kody and Robyn) so that could be why I think so...

It comes down to money and the groups of polygamists living in the state. Utah has little extra money to spend on trials and what not. If they went after the Browns then, they would open a can of worms. Residents would ask them why they ignore the FLDS, the Kingston Clan and similar groups. Most of the residents want the government to go after these groups because they do have child brides. Utah chooses not to open this can of worms.

I detest Robyn so much! She is what is ruining the family! She sure didn't put her kids first when it came to what was best for them. She just likes to make the other wifes jealous. I wish her kids bio daddy would take her to court or something to get the kids off TV since she slams him so much.

I really like them. I find it refreshing (after so many Gothardites) that the kids appear to have no problem speaking their minds at least on camera. That alone was a huge reason I continued watching beyond the first couple episodes. Don't care for Robyn, and I agree with the other posters who said Meri will turn down Robyn's offer to be a surrogate. Kody and Meri I'm neutral about but I love the #2 & 3 wives. Seems bizarre to me, but I really think I'd get along well with Janelle and Christine. ...and yeah, I realize I'm basing my opinions on a "reality" show so genuine reality may be a different situation. I appreciate the wives at least appear to have their own emotions seperate from Kody's (ok, with the exception of Robyn but that could just be newness and wanting everybody to like her).

They are still in the rental homes and no single big house is being built as far where they were looking at lots. The kids are still in the same schools(the younger ones). There had been some controversy about TLC filming at the school(parents mad). They have been invovled in trying to open a gym and in some MIL scheme called LIV welness, some sort of weight loss health water stuff. What I disliked is the way they tried to get people invovled in the MIL. They had ads plastered all over craigslist and flyers around the cities.

The older kids have been back and forth to Lehi.

As far as what we will see. I think they will continue to show the weight loss storyline. They have filmed at least 2 episodes at school, one was a dance. I'm sure they will show their strugles not having a local church. I doubt they show the MIL but might show them starting the gym? I bet we see more dreaming about the one home. There are lots of people that feel bad(not me) that were trying to start a fund or donate money on fan sites. Mary will NOT accept Robyn's surrogate offer but they will bond IMO.

What I want to see. How poor Hunter is really doing? Mariah's plans or any of the older kids that clearly want to be in Utah. Kody looking for real jobs or any or all of the adults looking or getting real jobs? I also could do without seeing Robyn at all, I hope she is only filmed at a minimum.

They are still in the rental homes and no single big house is being built as far where they were looking at lots. The kids are still in the same schools(the younger ones). There had been some controversy about TLC filming at the school(parents mad). They have been invovled in trying to open a gym and in some MIL scheme called LIV welness, some sort of weight loss health water stuff. What I disliked is the way they tried to get people invovled in the MIL. They had ads plastered all over craigslist and flyers around the cities.

The older kids have been back and forth to Lehi.

Yeah, this was all stuff that happened since last season, although maybe some of it (like the LIV crap) will be part of next season. I wouldn't be surprised if a Brown house gets built 1-3 seasons from now. After all, they will probably need to build anyway if they ever move into their "dream house"--no prebuilt house is going to have the kind of plans they want, especially not outside Utah--and it makes sense that that would be part of the show.

I really like them. I find it refreshing (after so many Gothardites) that the kids appear to have no problem speaking their minds at least on camera. That alone was a huge reason I continued watching beyond the first couple episodes.

I agree completely. The kids (from what is seen on camera, at least) have a lot of freedom. They are able to choose their school, they are able to attend real colleges if they want, they dress and style their hair how they want. They come across as very normal teenagers and children.

I'm glad they spoke out against Warren Jeffs. Imagine the Duggars having to do the same with Gothard. :lol:

I'm neither a Mormon, nor a Polygamist, but I like the Brown family. Who'd ever have guessed I would be enjoying a show about pologamy?

What? No one else is picking wife #3 (Christine) as their least favourite?? I find her way more obnoxious than robin! I think christine is someone who likes to pretend to "keep sweet" but is really a passive aggressive bitch.

I find Meri and Janelle th most likable.

I need to catch up on the show before the new season. From the episodes I have seen, I like the Browns more than the Duggars. They seem more real. The Browns admit that their lifestyle isn't perfect and the kids are allowed to be individuals and have some freedom unlike the Duggar kids.

I like the Browns more than the Duggars

I do, too. One of the older Brown kids stated in an interview that she would like to meet the Duggars, since they are also form a large fmaily. While the Browns would welcome that, I doubt the Duggars would. The Duggars would not even expose their children their evil public school peers (they took the kids from Josiah up to a elementary school - not a middle or highschool where they would be able to associate with their peers). Exposing their kids to the Browns would go against every fibre in JimBob's being.

Actually I would like the older Browns and Duggars to meet. It would be interesting to see them interact.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I think the Brown's beliefs (whatever they actually are, I mean, seriously, why the fuck don't you talk about your religion which is supposedly so important to you) are probably pretty toxic and I think Kody is a supreme douchebag, but I find their children delightful. Even Mariah, who has talked about wanting to grow up to be a sister wife, herself, wants to save her first kiss for marriage, is generally the most conservative of the bunch is like super obsessed with Harry Potter and the Hunger Games and has expressed her love for TV shoes like How I Met Your Mother. The Duggars may have heard about Harry Potter because it's famous for being teh ebil, but no way in hell have they ever read it or seen the movies. I highly doubt they've even heard of the Hunger Games or How I Met Your Mother. Mariah might want to be a wife, sister wife, and mother, but she also wants to be a doctor. And her parents would let her and even encourage her. These kids won't have to overcome huge struggles to succeed in the world because their parents want to control their little minds.

Like, even Vision Forum-y homeschooling fundie "lites" that let their girls wear pants, don't actually let their kids engage with pop culture. The Brown kids are allowed to interact with the outside world. Even if their parents are emotionally abusive (I don't know if they are, this is hypothetical) and stuff, they at least have people they know who are outside their little cult and and aren't afraid of the world.

I cannot stand Kody. He is an overgrown teenager. All of the wives are miserable in their own way, as are most of the older kids. They should have stayed in Utah where at least Janelle had a job and Meri was in school and most of the kids lived together under one roof. Robyn has completely disrupted the family dynamic they had for years. Now they are broke -- even with the show. I'm not certain any of the Duggar children will ever bolt from the family compound, but I can name a couple of Brown kids who look ready to peace out the minute they turn 18: Madison and the second oldest boy (forgot his name.)

Visualizing an episode of Wife Swap with the Duggars and the Browns. I know it would never happen I just think I would be glued to the TV set if it did.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I think the Brown's beliefs (whatever they actually are, I mean, seriously, why the fuck don't you talk about your religion which is supposedly so important to you) are probably pretty toxic and I think Kody is a supreme douchebag, but I find their children delightful. Even Mariah, who has talked about wanting to grow up to be a sister wife, herself, wants to save her first kiss for marriage, is generally the most conservative of the bunch is like super obsessed with Harry Potter and the Hunger Games and has expressed her love for TV shoes like How I Met Your Mother. The Duggars may have heard about Harry Potter because it's famous for being teh ebil, but no way in hell have they ever read it or seen the movies. I highly doubt they've even heard of the Hunger Games or How I Met Your Mother. Mariah might want to be a wife, sister wife, and mother, but she also wants to be a doctor. And her parents would let her and even encourage her. These kids won't have to overcome huge struggles to succeed in the world because their parents want to control their little minds.

Like, even Vision Forum-y homeschooling fundie "lites" that let their girls wear pants, don't actually let their kids engage with pop culture. The Brown kids are allowed to interact with the outside world. Even if their parents are emotionally abusive (I don't know if they are, this is hypothetical) and stuff, they at least have people they know who are outside their little cult and and aren't afraid of the world.

I do think Kody is a douche, but there is something about him that makes me like him more Boob. I liked that the Brown kids are at allowed to be interested in pop culture and they can have fun with it. I agree I also think the Duggars know about Harry Potter and they have been probably advised by Gothard or someone else that the books are ebil. The Duggars might have heard of The Hunger Games. The Brown kids are more in tune with the real world than the Duggar kids.

Visualizing an episode of Wife Swap with the Duggars and the Browns. I know it would never happen I just think I would be glued to the TV set if it did.

I'd love that too. Which wife would you send to JimBob, or would you send them all?

If the Duggars met the Browns, it would be a funny thing to watch. The interactions with Duggar kids and the Brown kids would probably end up being a bit weird. The Brown kids attend public schools and have made friends on their own. The Duggar kids are basically only friends with children from other fundie families. The Browns are into pop culture stuff and I can't see Mariah relating to the J'Slaves that much except for no kissing before marriage. The Sister Wives dress pretty hip compared to frumpy Michelle. They also don't act like robots either.

As much as I detest Wife Swap, I would tune in to see J'chelle swapped with all the Sister Wives. She'd have to actually provide hands-on care to someone over the age of 6 months! I would even pay to watch that. :twisted:

ETA: Swapping out all the wives would give a break to the j'slaves. The Browns would probably even change the rules and make the girls wear pants and shop at the mall and watch Hunger Games. Oh, the horror! :lol:

As much as I detest Wife Swap, I would tune in to see J'chelle swapped with all the Sister Wives. She'd have to actually provide hands-on care to someone over the age of 6 months! I would even pay to watch that. :twisted:

ETA: Swapping out all the wives would give a break to the j'slaves. The Browns would probably even change the rules and make the girls wear pants and shop at the mall and watch Hunger Games. Oh, the horror! :lol:

The Duggar girls do shop at the mall but they are only allowed to get Aeropostale shirts and hoodies. They can't get anything defrauding. I agree the girls should be requred to watch Hunger Games, How I Met Your Mother and other stuff the Brown kids do.

If the Duggars met the Browns, it would be a funny thing to watch. The interactions with Duggar kids and the Brown kids would probably end up being a bit weird. The Brown kids attend public schools and have made friends on their own. The Duggar kids are basically only friends with children from other fundie families. The Browns are into pop culture stuff and I can't see Mariah relating to the J'Slaves that much except for no kissing before marriage. The Sister Wives dress pretty hip compared to frumpy Michelle. They also don't act like robots either.

The Browns and the Duggars have met, AFAIK. One of the Browns tweeted something to that effect. All I can imagine is the four older Duggar girls acting extremely awkward (think Ethiopian restaurant/Washington, D.C. trip to the fifth power) and not reaching out to the Brown girls at all. I can see the Brown kids (and wives) being gregarious and friendly and trying to make friends, and the Duggars refusing, being completely cold and fake-polite in the strained, unconvincing way that we often see from them when they're with anyone but fellow ATI-ers. I can see Michelle being really frosty and barely-trying fake-polite to the Brown wives; Jim Bob being a little warmer, but still very guarded, with Kody. The little kids might try to befriend each other but JB and Michelle would tsk at their kids and pull them away.

Archived